• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Battle for 7-A 3rd place: King Hassan vs Edmond Dantes

Harshly put vel

@KnightOfSunlight for future reference, if a person puts "ovo" at the end of their sentence, they weren't being serious

After reading through both their abilities.... I think the Strongest Avenger wins.

In a straight up fight, Dantes' fires are literally bring thrown everywhere, and those flames were potent enough to end Roa's soul completely. While Gramps does have Protection of the Faith, I don't know if it's enough to block such potent soul hax that it can literally burn Roa's soul, and his soul is connected to the Root. I think that's at the most Divine Spirit level of soul hax, although I may be wrong.

Revenger French Flash also has Immeasurable speed (And possibly reactions due to the "high speed thinking?") with his NP.

And also, reasons above as well. I vote for Dantes.

It's funny; in Eirri's comics, Dantes and Gramps have a rivalry. Guess it's finally settled here, hehe.

Unless there was a change in translation, King Hassan's mats says that Protection of the Faith is the "absoluteness of one's body and mind", not body and soul.

Saint Martha and Extra Vlad, by extension, also have PotF and while Vlad's FGO mats are yet to be TL'd, Martha's simply says the same thing on the absoluteness of body and mind bit.

On-topic with that, KH doesn't have soul resist from the looks of it. Not that I think it would help on the long run if Dante can keep spamming his flames that F'd Roa up if what I see here is true...

Well, as Kiara's mats reveal, all servants (and many other beings) have some level of soul manip resistance. However, since Dantes can burn their souls anyway, he should have resistance negation

Perhaps. Though I was only pointing out the PotF skill specifically since at least with KH and Martha's, both says "absoluteness of body and mind" not body and soul as their profiles says.

Like where else? Cuz the ones I've mentioned twice now are TL'd and posted on Reddit.

https://www.reddit.com/r/grandorder..._marthas_servant_profile_from_fgo_material_i/

https://www.reddit.com/r/grandorder/comments/99cqy4/the_old_man_of_the_mountains_profile_from/

There's probably more at Beast Lair but IDEK where to start. And yes I checked Kiara's and it does say soul, but she's not related to this match in any way. I'm only referring to KH, and mentioning Martha and Extra Vlad by relation of skill that was just brought up earlier.

"Roa's incarnation Tarantella appears in the Edmond Dantes Drama CD. In the Drama CD, Roa's soul is burned away by Edmond Dantes, possibly implying that Roa of that timeline is unable to reincarnate and is gone forever"

Does Tarantella have Resistance to soul manip or is he even a servant?

Roa is powerful enough that he likely does, however, I wouldn't put too much faith in it.

However, since Edmond can damage servants with his flames during the Prison Tower event, I'd say he's safe.

Qliphoth Bacikal said:
Like where else? Cuz the ones I've mentioned twice now are TL'd and posted on Reddit.
https://www.reddit.com/r/grandorder..._marthas_servant_profile_from_fgo_material_i/

https://www.reddit.com/r/grandorder/comments/99cqy4/the_old_man_of_the_mountains_profile_from/

There's probably more at Beast Lair but IDEK where to start. And yes I checked Kiara's and it does say soul, but she's not related to this match in any way. I'm only referring to KH, and mentioning Martha and Extra Vlad by relation of skill that was just brought up earlier.
Ever explained it better than I could. You should talk to him

I already did actually. Apparently from Shiro the translation he got had something to be written as "outside the body" or whatever, which I guess sounds weird and thus something like mind is used instead. That and apparently it can also mean soul so I guess PotF is fine as it is.

That said, I don't know if Hassan in this match can quite withstand Dantes flames tho.

Not related to the discussion, but what is the general consensus about speed between Servants and an LDO member?

Its probably notable to point out that King Hassan's death hax is now considered 2-A. Not that it changes the results of this match since he won't get the chance to use them

Back