• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Battle for 5th strongest non-smurf 7-B! Honjou Masayuki (Web Novel) vs Oryx!

Standard Meele Range... lol. anyways since Honjou's range is so ***** his first task is to get close to Oryx, unfortunately all of Oryx's danmaku negates durability in some way (although some of it is minor) so Honjou having High 4-C dura isn't an issue, the issue is that im pretty sure Honjou's range is outdated so Messiah may not even come into play due to Honjou seemingly needing to get close for it to take effect, which getting that close to Oryx is basically certain death, only certain parts of Oryx's danmaku is actually magic so that resistance is basically useless, and considering Oryx has a 40+ character scaling chain from 8.8 megatons he has the stats advantage in every category except for durability, which durability negation covers.

So going by Honjou's profile he doesn't have the range to do much of anything to Oryx, and is pretty much just blown away by the Mad God's Danmaku before he even gets close

Last edited:
Honjou's ability affected an entire stadium of like thousands of ppl, then when he got Messiah, affected like a whole city or kingdom, forgot which, so yea his range is outdated.

In the LN, ppl hearing his name/about him in like other countries also get affected by his ability from what i remember, so LN Honjou's range is outdated too.

Honjou's ability affected an entire stadium of like thousands of ppl, then when he got Messiah, affected like a whole city, so yea his range is outdated.

In the LN, ppl hearing his name/about him in like other countries also get affected by his ability from what i remember, so LN Honjou's range is outdated too.
well, until that range is updated via CRT I'm pretty sure Oryx borderline stomps, and when it does it depends on how long Honjou is willing to sit around and let the guy who has lived for billions of years spout out everything he has ever done wrong, frankly they would both run out of stamina and fall asleep before Oryx is even 1% of the way finished

Oryx doesn't resist Messiah from what i can see, Honjou's just being there would make Oryx confess all his sins and give up.

Messiah i am pretty sure is on the level of an ultimate skill which means it's superior to other abilities like Yuuki that brainwashed and controlled hundreds of thousands of ppl in the Empire.

"Range: Standard Melee"(cough cough), but yes you are correct on that, Oryx does not resist Messiah, but both Honjou being outdated when Messiah should have Kilometers of range is not good for Honjou's chances of getting close to Oryx without getting skewered with a few dozen hits

though the picture of Oryx spouting out billions of years worth of sins to Honjou while doing the "all hail the king" thing is really funny to me

He has this on his profile "Managed to quell the riot in the Kingdom of Ingracia by only showing up there" yet has Standard Melee range....

Idk who made the profile, it wasn't me, but idk how you can put that merely being around stopped a riot, yet give him standard melee range.

The range will have to be updated in a CRT.

He has this on his profile ""Managed to quell the riot in the Kingdom of Ingracia by only showing up there" yet has Standard Melee range....

Idk who made the profile, it wasn't me, but idk how you can put that merely being around stopped a riot, yet give him standard melee range.

The range will have to be updated in a CRT.
thats why i said his range was probably outdated lol

Back