• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
The Aburatori has no Mind Manip Resistance. if Audrey can get it under control quickly enough, she should take this. Otherwise, the Aburatori will time travel to before she was a Beyonder and easily kill her, or teleport out of her range and then time travel. It comes down to who you think is quicker on the draw, and I don't know enough about the Aburatori to say which way this goes. This is also assuming both are here in their true bodies.

Her first move is indeed mind manipulating stuff (like most of her asernal is mind manipulation). She can also hide in someone's mind or invade them with her mind personas. Speed is equal too.

If every participant would fight in an optimal fashion this would probably be inconclusive. It would be a "who pulls the trigger first" in a speed equal scenario.
Buuuuut... The Aburatori has Yukari's Destiny Manipulation powers. Like for Yukari those will cause misfortune to those that mean harm upon him and he should be capable of choosing the destiny in which he wins, if such a thing exists.
If under optimal conditions it's 50/50 the destiny manipulation should tip it into the Aburatori's favour.

Every power of her is mind manipulation or the like related.
Mind Manipulation flight? Same for fire manipulation...
Heck, if the mind manip move doesn't instantly incapacitate it still works.
And it's not like attacking in any way is actually the only possible starting move. She could also simply try to say something before she starts slaughtering her opponent.

No, I meant she has flight and wondered how exactly flight (or fire manipulation) is supposed to be a form of mind manipulation.

And as said, any mind manipulation technique that doesn't instantly win her the battle or the possibility of her just using no technique at the start are still things destiny manipulation can use against her.

All her abilities are mind related (95%) in rest they come from items/mythical form.

Destiny can be countered by her Fate Charm, as it will reverse their fate, making anything that should happen to her to happen to the other person.

Her first move would always be mind manipulation. In fact you use her flight or fire she has to transform into her dragon form first which gives her passive mind manipulation and corruption. Also her fire also destroys the mind.

And the only mind manipulation technique that doesn't win her the fight is not used in combat.

Someone with Yukari's destiny powers can freely choose between destinies and perceive them. When the fate is reversed they would notice and could simply reverse their own fate. In general I wonder if the Aburatoris destiny manip isn't stronger than that and would just overpower it. Yukari, who he has the power from, was a powered-up destiny manipulator after all.
In any case, that charm isn't passive, is it? If so Aburatori simply disappears (or defeats her via timetravel) before she uses it. She never gets the chance to target him. (If she even would, with his destiny manipulation in the way)

There are a lot of fate manipulators in LotM and Audrey does have some experience dealing with that. Keep in mind the fate siphon charm has to be used at close range to affect both people, IIRC.

Her first move would always be mind manipulation. In fact you use her flight or fire she has to transform into her dragon form first which gives her passive mind manipulation and corruption. Also her fire also destroys the mind.

And the only mind manipulation technique that doesn't win her the fight is not used in combat.
Will she lead every fight without exception by incapacitating her opponent via mind hax? Not a single enemy she ever talked to before defeating him? Is interacting with an opponent in any way other than fighting so out of character for her that it has a 0% chance of happening? Is she that battle crazy?

There are a lot of fate manipulators in LotM and Audrey does have some experience dealing with that. Keep in mind the fate siphon charm has to be used at close range to affect both people, IIRC.
Experience doesn't help if there is no way around it. Like, in this case, if her first move doesn't win this she looses regardless of what she does afterwards.
If the charm is close range then... yeah she doesn't get to use that.

At her sequence, she directly attacks the mind/control it because at her level the other demigods are dangerous. She is not battle crazy, she doesn't like to battle, that's why she will win as easy as she can.

Will she lead every fight without exception by incapacitating her opponent via mind hax? Not a single enemy she ever talked to before defeating him? Is interacting with an opponent in any way other than fighting so out of character for her that it has a 0% chance of happening? Is she that battle crazy?
She hasn't had a lot of fights at all and the only fights she had she started with mind manipulating incap. Its the entire point of her sequence. Also this is via SBA as far as I know the characters are meant to know they are in a fight and attempt to fight to win.

The more I think on this, the more I think the Aburatori should take this. If speed wasn't equalized, I'd actually put it in Audrey's favor. Her profile has her at subsonic travel speed, but her combat speed should be a lot higher (probably gonna make a CRT regarding that and other LotM things soonish). Since speed is equalized, however, she loses her biggest advantage. Without Destiny Manipulation, this would be a draw. With it, the Aburatori has a slight edge.

Also this is via SBA as far as I know the characters are meant to know they are in a fight and attempt to fight to win.
They are in character and willing to kill. Yes, they know a fight is happening. They are not bloodlusted, though. SBA explicitly specifies that characters will still display the same flaws as they usually would. A character that taunts opponents will taunt them. A character that starts off by going easy will go easy.
If Zaratthustra is correct in her being a character that straight-up hates fighting then I seriously doubt that there is a 0% chance for her to do literally anything other than instantly mind attack.
Edit: As RoRl62 said I find it hard to believe that the Aburatori wouldn't gain at least a slight edge with the destiny manipulation towards the 50/50 ending in his favor.

That would be if he is to use destiny manipulation as the first move but from what you said above about "talk" or the like, then it doesn't seem to be.

Before he can get in the rage, he will be mind attack/controled/destoyed/diseases/etc so much that I don't see how this is not in her favor. He's barely tens of meters while she's in hundreds.

A character that taunts opponents will taunt them. A character that starts off by going easy will go easy.
If Zaratthustra is correct in her being a character that straight-up hates fighting then I seriously doubt that there is a 0% chance for her to do literally anything other than instantly mind attack.
But...she is non of these things...her hatred for fighting is exactly why she instantly uses her mind manipulation in every fight she has been in. And in a war she instantly went dragon mode with the passive stuff attacking every enemy she went up against.

Your argument for why she wouldn't has no basis. She has never decided to just talk in a fight. In fact her character arc was about getting rid of her naiveté. Since she was a sheltered noble.

Yukari's Destiny manipulation passively brings misfortune to those that harm her and grants perception of destiny that allows one to move in such a way that one reaches a favourable one. It doesn't need to be activated or anything for those applications. And her destiny manipulation affects all of Japan or her profile even says the entire universe.
I admit that the Aburatori's profiles range section is a bit incomplete in that regard. It also doesn't mention his teleportation range... Still that's how it is.

You kept bringing Yukari, not Aburatori which is in this fight. Also, if it's not on profile don't use.

Your argument for why she wouldn't has no basis. She has never decided to just talk in a fight. In fact her character arc was about getting rid of her naiveté.
So she can be naive and just hasn't been for some time? But there is a 0% chance of her being it again?
And it not being her most in character thing isn't the point, it just has to be possible.
Would like to see some of those fight too.

And it's not like that is the only part where destiny manipulation can come into play. If we say they both activate their techniques in the same instance, making it essentially 50/50 who ultimately goes first, destiny manipulation would break that tie as well. Like, she mind haxs but that only work if it goes of before he teleports. Both act at the same time due to speed equal. By destiny manipulation the Aburatori has the better chances to be away before mind hax takes effect instead of the other way around.

You kept bringing Yukari, not Aburatori which is in this fight. Also, if it's not on profile don't use.
Read the destiny manipulation bit on his profile. I bring it up because he literally absorbed her and stole her powers.

Sigh Sure, let's have it the easy way. Give me a few days. I will talk with LazyHunter and get the profile revised really quick to include that explicitely.
Then we continue here.
Edit: I.e. I will not respond here until that's done.

Last edited:
And is Destiny his first move? From what was said first about him, doesn't seem like.

But there is a 0% chance of her being it again?
Sorry but this chances stuff just does not work in a Vs battle situation. We go off of what we have seen happen in each fiction. We cant go flipping a coin about chances of her reverting back to her old state.

And it not being her most in character thing isn't the point, it just has to be possible.
Would like to see some of those fight too.
Well there is no reason for that she doesn't like fighting so she uses her mind hax fast.

I am unable to bring up specific fights at the moment either but I would like something for Aburatori as well if that is the case.
Like, she mind haxs but that only work if it goes of before he teleports. Both act at the same time due to speed equal. By destiny manipulation the Aburatori has the better chances to be away before mind hax takes effect instead of the other way around.
Ok then what happens with her passive mind hax. He has no way to actually beat that from what I can tell. This is ignoring illusions that kill whoever thinks they are real. And also the ability to modify his powers so that they do not work as he hopes.

Back