• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
What stops the Aburatori from just paradoxing it from existence and stealing its powers?
The SCP doesn't give me the impression that it, in character, uses its powers to instantly kill/incapacitate the opponent. It seems to more rely on doing ordinary combat aided by his plot manip. Although someone knowledgable may correct me on that.

How could he paradox while under plot manip?
Would only be an argument if the plot manip passively negates the action. I don't have the impression that this guys plot manip is, in character, used in that fashion. Especially as an immediate first move that the SCP has no knowledge of and once it starts will happen before the SCP start plot manipulating.

Plot manipulation, passive causality manipulation, law manipulation all seem to counter that.

Could I also get more context on how he does this?
From the profile:
While even with his control over time and space Aburatori could not defeat Yukari and her ability to control destiny, by continuously traveling to the past with one of his doubles and fighting her he tore to shreds the historical data about who won the fight. After over 15,000 repetitions fact and fiction mixed up together, giving the Aburatori free reign over the record of who won the fight and how it ended, allowing him to win, absorb Yukari and obtain her power over destiny despite this being impossible for him to do otherwise.

Plot manipulation, passive causality manipulation, law manipulation all seem to counter that.
Again, none of these abilities appear to actually be used in that fashion. Or does the SCP instantly incapacitating all enemies in every reality it appears in? From what's on the profile that doesn't appear to be the case.
Also, what makes the causality stuff passive?

Again, none of these abilities appear to actually be used in that fashion. Or does the SCP instantly incapacitating all enemies in every reality it appears in? From what's on the profile that doesn't appear to be the case.
Also, what makes the causality stuff passive?
"known for its extensive control over metanarrative and the large degree of difficulty involved in successfully containing it due to its capacity to manipulate events around itself to enforce its will to be the hero upon reality" Im not sure if this helps according to the weakness section it does have an ego but It also has genius intelligence and seems to often use Plot manipulation although It doesn't say anything about weather it would incapacitate or have fun with whoever it is fighting.

after manifesting onsite, SCP-2786 was stated to "behave and interact with reality in a way that warps the flow of events to follow what appears to be standard narrative cohesion" this and it also uses Plot Manipulation (has manifested in several fictional realities and interacted with them in the same manner in which it interacts with conventional reality, in addition all instances of altered fictional narratives were stated to include SCP-2786 "as a protagonist or deus ex machina character", appears to have escaped the Foundation's "enhanced narrative complex" by writing its own containment out of its SCP file)

Ok, but for a start none of that seems explicitly passive.
Secondly, while it states that it acts as protagonist in the fiction, that doesn't mean that the powers of others get negated. Since I see no reason to believe that it retroactively changes plot the past version would also act largely unbound by it... not that it matters considering how the Aburatori kinda skips the requirement of winning when he screws with the timeline enough.
Lastly, while it does manipulate reality to be the protagonist, that doesn't equate to automatically winning. The degree to which this helps him with winning is a matter of feats. Protagonists of works aren't immune to losing. It happens. In fact, the Aburatori killed Yukari who is a protagonist in her work, so we have prequisite to just being a protagonist not being relevant. So the question is: Has it shown that just the act of making itself a protagonist aids it to an extent that it allows it to overcome the kind of abilities that the Aburatori brings to the table?

Another point I wish to bring up is range. Assuming the SCP doesn't instantly incapacitate its opponent, can't the Aburatori simply teleport out of the plot manipulation range?

For the range part its "Unknown, At least hundreds of meters with firearms." I assume unknown is its plot manipulation.

You are entirely correct the causality manipulation nor plot manipulation give them a chance to win. It is both together that give them the win. http://scp-wiki.wikidot.com/scp-2786 recalibrate twice or thrice for feats.
Also Lou_Change you mentioned something about "appears to have escaped the Foundation's "enhanced narrative complex" by writing its own containment out of its SCP file" you said it was similar to "Yuichi Sakaki" would you mind explaining it here it might help the scp win.

Sure, Yuichi's power nullification comes from this (His plot manipulation makes abilities that could defeat him being unable to affect him such as Ryouma's plot manipulation which was supposed to make Yuichi die and The Evil God's Skill Eater which was supposed to steal all his skills) unless Ryouma's plot manipulation is above baseline 3-D it means Yuichi's plot manipulation is at least above baseline 3-D so we assume it is just above baseline 3-D.
SCP-2786 escaped narrative containment done by the Foundation this is implied to be done in the main narrative the one that the foundation is in. This means that the have at least baseline 3-D plot manipulation and to bypass it requires at least above baseline 3-D plot manipulation so we assume it is just above baseline 3-D.

"While even with his control over time and space Aburatori could not defeat Yukari and her ability to control destiny, by continuously traveling to the past with one of his doubles and fighting her he tore to shreds the historical data about who won the fight. After over 15,000 repetitions fact and fiction mixed up together, giving the Aburatori free reign over the record of who won the fight and how it ended, allowing him to win, absorb Yukari and obtain her power over destiny despite this being impossible for him to do otherwise"

alright so another argument I came up with for the SCP is that it seems Aburatobi won't use its time travel and power absorption in character since according to the quote it was unable to defeat Yukari and then decided to travel back in time. so Aburatobi doesn't have knowledge of the SCP so she/he might decide to beat it with the time and space powers.

alright so another argument I came up with for the SCP is that it seems Aburatobi won't use its time travel and power absorption in character since according to the quote it was unable to defeat Yukari and then decided to travel back in time. so Aburatobi doesn't have knowledge of the SCP so she/he might decide to beat it with the time and space powers.
After absorbing Yukari the Aburatori gained Yukari's destiny manipulation powers. Aside from directly manipulating destiny, those powers also include the ability to perceive the flow of destiny and move to the one that is desired. Even if the Aburatori doesn't know why he needs to make a certain move to win, his ability will tell him he needs to do it if that allows him to reach the destiny he desires.

After absorbing Yukari the Aburatori gained Yukari's destiny manipulation powers. Aside from directly manipulating destiny, those powers also include the ability to perceive the flow of destiny and move to the one that is desired. Even if the Aburatori doesn't know why he needs to make a certain move to win, his ability will tell him he needs to do it if that allows him to reach the destiny he desires.
I assume this is passive and is it similar to precognition or just he has a feeling that doing a certain ability will let him win and would he listen to that feeling in character. Also, the SCP has passive mind manipulation that makes characters not perceive its presence as abnormal so the Aburatori might not even think of it as weird, abnormal or something to beat.

Last edited:
I assume this is passive and is it similar to precognition or just he has a feeling that doing a certain ability will let him win and would he listen to that feeling in character. Also, the SCP has passive mind manipulation that makes characters not perceive its presence as abnormal so the Aburatori might not even think of it as weird, abnormal or something to beat.
Considering that his ability would still tell him that beating whoever that is makes him reach his goal that wouldn't matter.
“If I kill you it opens the way for Shinobu to live. Destiny is telling me that. So die. I won’t let you refuse.”
To give a quote of an example of Yukari using the same power to figure out that killing someone will help her in reaching her goal. Also, while the SCP might not be perceived as abnormal, from reading its file it still appears to people mostly like a stranger, so I don't think that would negate the fighting intend. It didn't stop the foundation from trying to imprison it on sight.

In fact, reading the SCP's file has kinda convinced me even more that the Aburatori wins. Basically, it seems to behave in stories roughly according to the rules of the stories itself.
In 'Silent Hill' it, for example, tries to convince them not to go to Silent Hill but fails and hence has to make the car malfunction instead. In 'The Shining' it decides to fight with a bottle. In 'Cabin in the Woods' it tries to prevent the teenagers from touching the cursed objects, fails and have one of them mauled by a monster as consequence.
Basically, either it couldn't just overcome those difficulties via plot/causality manipulation or it chose not to. In any case, it seems likely that it will try to approach the problem by relatively human means at first. And, given that his opponent manipulates destiny, with likely I mean with relative certainty. Since human means are completely useless against the Aburatori that would of course fail, giving the Aburatori even more time to win this.
Another interesting detail is how the SCP could temporarily be trapped by looping a copy of Saw it was in. And that was after it already appeared in normal reality. I'm not sure if one should equate this to time manipulation, but I would still view it as a decent indicator that it can likely be beaten or incapacitated by the usage of time powers.

Well, your right It doesn't use its powers to kill at 1st. Maybe since they are fighting in a neutral universe It will use its powers but if there's no story or file showing the SCP doing it I wouldn't wanna argue it. Also, I ignored the SCP's low godly regen for a while, would that help against Aburatori I assumed it wouldn't since Aburtari would manage to go back in time and steals its powers.

The SCP doesn't really seem like something that has a beginning point though.

It always went with the simplest approach. Tell the character not to do the dumb thing, walk the characters away from the problem, break the car, kill the monster with the easiest method available, and as soon as it realized what the Foundation was doing version 4 it started to use plot manipulation.

Well, your right It doesn't use its powers to kill at 1st. Maybe since they are fighting in a neutral universe It will use its powers but if there's no story or file showing the SCP doing it I wouldn't wanna argue it. Also, I ignored the SCP's low godly regen for a while, would that help against Aburatori I assumed it wouldn't since Aburtari would manage to go back in time and steals its powers.

The SCP doesn't really seem like something that has a beginning point though.
Hard to say whether or not it has a beginning point. Nothing in the story tells of its creation as far as I read. What can be established is that in the past it resided in fiction rather than reality and as the Foundation demonstrated one can capture it in those for prolonged periods of time. Incapacitation at minimum should be no problem.
That said, given the Aburatori's absorption and power absorption I think he would have no trouble defeating it. In general the ability allows him to just decide the end result without having to find any logical way to reach it, so I think it would probably work.

It always went with the simplest approach. Tell the character not to do the dumb thing, walk the characters away from the problem, break the car, kill the monster with the easiest method available, and as soon as it realized what the Foundation was doing version 4 it started to use plot manipulation.
It only really started using plot manip after being caught for a long period of time. In this battle it doesn't have the leeway to see that talking and physical combat fails before using plot manipulation.

It didn't realize before that it to use plot manipulation and use it near instantly when it realized, and the limited Precognition and causality manipulation will help it win if it doesn't realize plot manipulation is his best way to win when he starts the fight against fifty thousand of the guy.

Back