• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Battle Between Good Dogs (Two to go)

Sort of and yes. But its natural durability should make the majority of Arcanine's hits non-lethal.

So i vote Arcanine, there is not alot to say though. More intelligence, better range, more versatility, hell, even an temporaly speed amp with Extreme Speed. Intimidate and Snarl are here to cut of Rover's attack, Howl to boost himself in attack and Agility to boost himself in speed, Leer and Charm to screw with Rover, healing in the form of Morning Sun and Leftovers and nice damage boost with Charcoal and an nice AP advantage.

Yeah I'll count that.

Arcanine - 1 (Drite)

Rover - 0

@Gyro I'm a little curious as to where exactly Rover's Damage negation comes from. Is it a web-comic thing?

ApiesDeathbyLazors said:
That dosen't sound very good. You wouldn't happen to know what chapters hint at it would you?
He shrinks to the size of a normal pup at the end of the arc.

I guess he also kinda looked smaller after being punched by Saitama too but I can't say for sure.

ApiesDeathbyLazors said:
That's... actually really poor reasoning. At best that's size manip. If that's it I'm gonna go make a crt.
Not saying I agree that it's true, even the guy above said it's only speculation.

Do Pokemon have all of their abilities in these match ups? Like would Arcanine have both Flash Fire and Intimidate?

@Tets I think that's how it works here

@Milly I mean Rover's main attack is a giant energy beam which would be special by pokemon standards

Arcanine - 2 (Drite, Milly)

Rover - 0

I think Rover's beam is fire based? I might be wrong.

In that case Arcanine resists his attacks just fine with intimidate+flash fire. And the AP difference seals the deal.

I think Rover's beam is supposed to be generic energy/plasma beam which could be electric as far as pokemon is concerned

Tetsucabrah said:
Do Pokemon have all of their abilities in these match ups? Like would Arcanine have both Flash Fire and Intimidate?
Yes, Pokemon have either their hidden ability or both their normal abilities.

Back