• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
both times were shown in base form. Why would a mangaka make a mistake twice in a row? I even gave a logical explanation as to why Naruto temporarily reverted to base?

If a manga artist can make a mistake once, they can make a mistake twice.

It is absolutely not impossible. Unlikely, maybe. But not impossible.
The chapter begins with Naruto in base, Kishimoto would crosscheck the chapter for any errors, his editors would as well, and even if there are errors, it's absolutely impossible to make an error two times in the exact same 2-5 panels. Calling it a mistake sounds like a reach to be honest. Kishimoto is not blind enough to not notice Naruto’s eyeball drawn in base more than once. I've never seen any mangaka make mistakes in a row like that. It's impossible due to the amount of people crosschecking each chapters.

You'd think so, yeah. You'd be surprised that errors happen at all in manga, but they do.

You'd think so, yeah. You'd be surprised that errors happen at all in manga, but they do.
I agree. Errors do happen in manga. But it never happens more than once not only in a single chapter, but in almost the same panels. Kishimoto drew Naruto in different angles and he was still shown in base form. This Is not a coincidence or mistake. How the hell would he forget to draw a cross mark on the eye of Naruto twice in a row if he was actually trying to showcase Naruto's new form?

Because he's drawing Naruto's new form for the first few times and he just forgot a detail in the eyes. It makes no sense for Naruto to turn off his new God-given form (or Sage-given) and launch an attack, then turn it back on after the attack.

In the anime there was an error when Madara was drawn with his Rinnegan early before it was even revealed that he posssessed the Rinnegan. How that kind of mistake happens in production, I have no idea, but it did.

Later today i'll go more in-depth why i believe this is most likely an artistic error on Kishimoto's part.

I'll leave this piece of information though, Naruto's eyes are actually the SPSM eyes in the anime scene of the scans, which directly contradicts this scan right here, given the anime follows the manga, and thus has time to correct any artistic issues or problems that might have affected the manga, this gives us heavily implications that it's just an artistic screw up on Kishimioto's part, giving even more credence to the side arguing that this is just an artistic error from Kishimoto.

Later today i'll go more in-depth why i believe this is most likely an artistic error on Kishimoto's part.

I'll leave this piece of information though, Naruto's eyes are actually the SPSM eyes in the anime scene of the scans, which directly contradicts this scan right here, given the anime follows the manga, and thus has time to correct any artistic issues or problems that might have affected the manga, this gives us heavily implications that it's just an artistic screw up on Kishimioto's part, giving even more credence to the side arguing that this is just an artistic error from Kishimoto.
bro what?

you know in the previous pages he had the SPSM eyes as well right?

Last edited:
ohhhhh

you should've just sent the manga scan saying he wasn't in base
🗿

I haven't read the manga before, i didn't even know such a scan existed.

If it does exist then that's concrete proof it's just an artistic error on Kishimoto's part, not Naruto arriving while in SPSM, reverting back to base just to punch Madara, then reactivating SPSM to hit Madara with a lava rasenshuriken.

Quick question.
Do anime-only fight sequences count as canon as well? For example, Sasuke using Kirin on SPSM Naruto which was never in the manga. Is it still considered canon?

The anime is only really used as backup when a scene is unclear, like this one, or to get details that the manga literally can’t give (i.e. a timeframe for a calc).

The anime is only really used as backup when a scene is unclear, like this one, or to get details that the manga literally can’t give (i.e. a timeframe for a calc).
I know that. But what I mean right now is anime-only scenes canon? Are they like added canon content or just filler? Like the Sasuke example I gave above?

I know that. But what I mean right now is anime-only scenes canon? Are they like added canon content or just filler?
I thought my last reply would’ve made it clear, but no, anime-only scenes are not canon.

ohhhhh

you should've just sent the manga scan saying he wasn't in base
74GkJrX.png

Well, I guess it's no use trying to support that feat anymore...

But I'm not giving up just yet. I hope everyone still remembered the first CRT I made regarding base Naruto and Hinata upgrade that got rejected because everyone argued, that base Naruto barely received an impact from his BSM-level punch. For example,
Arc7Kuroi said:
Naruto’s arm, which had all his BSM chakra in it, would’ve tanked the vast majority of the blowback from the punch. This is no basis to scale his base relative to BSM.
I just read that part in the novel and it did confirm base Naruto did indeed receive an excess amount of impact from that punch. In fact, he had to brace himself for the impact using his feet.
paqzxdH.jpg

This exactly fits into the example I gave on why this correlated with base Naruto's AP in which I said;
It's like trying to push a truck forward by pressing your two legs against the ground for better balance and position while your two arms do the pushing. You have to have strong enough legs to halt your movements from moving back while your hands should equally be as strong to push forward.
What do you guys think about this now? It clearly shows Naruto in base had to brace for the impact by focusing his body strength on the moon surface and shattering it after tanking the impact of his BSM-level punch.

That has already been rejected. I'm still not convinced by that.

That has already been rejected.
I understand that it was rejected. But that was because I had no way of proving base Naruto received any amount of impact from the punch. Everyone claimed that Naruto's BSM arm received it instead. But the novel directly supports my claim.
I'm still not convinced by that.
The novel scan directly confirms how that situation was. It was base Naruto that receives that impact. He had to brace himself by the leg to receive the impact. How is that not convincing if it was stated already?

It wasn't about Naruto recieving zero impact from the punch. The issue is in assuming he withstood the entire impact of the punch when that is not the case. It even says there "excess impact".

It wasn't about Naruto recieving zero impact from the punch. The issue is in assuming he withstood the entire impact of the punch when that is not the case. It even says there "excess impact".
The novel says "he braced himself from THE excess impact" which means he took in the excess impact of the punch. The word "excess" was used as the amount of the overall AP which was "excess in amount." It was never about it being only part of the impact. It was all of the excess impacts. I don't know if you understand what I mean but the novel is saying Naruto did receive the entire impact which was in "excess amount"

The novel says "he braced himself from THE excess impact" which means he took in the excess impact of the punch. The word "excess" was used as the amount of the overall AP which was "excess in amount." It was never about it being only part of the impact. It was all of the excess impacts. I don't know if you understand what I mean but the novel is saying Naruto did receive the entire impact which was in "excess amount"
Do you know the definition of excess?

Do you know the definition of excess?
According to the Oxford dictionary;
Excess: an amount of something that is more than necessary, permitted, or desirable.
Does this invalidate my claim in any way? I personally don't see how it does to me. In fact, it supports my claim by the term "more than necessary"

According to the Oxford dictionary;

Does this invalidate my claim in any way? I personally don't see how it does to me. In fact, it supports my claim by the term "more than necessary"
The vast majority of the energy went to Toneri to hurt, send flying, and everything else

Everything that went through Naruto's body is a small portion of that energy, AKA it's nothing significant

The vast majority of the energy went to Toneri to hurt, send flying, and everything else

Everything that went through Naruto's body is a small portion of that energy, AKA it's nothing significant
You are directly going against what the novel scan said.
XFzaR0E.jpg

You said the energy that went through Naruto's body was only a small portion yet the novel says Naruto even had to brace himself from the excess impact after punching Toneri. Base Naruto's legs can tank the recoil/kickback of his punch. This is in no way a small portion of energy. The novel says something completely the opposite.

You are directly going against what the novel scan said.
XFzaR0E.jpg

You said the energy that went through Naruto's body was only a small portion yet the novel says Naruto even had to brace himself from the excess impact after punching Toneri. Base Naruto's legs can tank the recoil/kickback of his punch. This is in no way a small portion of energy. The novel says something completely the opposite.
THE EXCESS IS THE REMAINING FORCE which is A SMALL PORTION.

IN DEFINITION it's not gonna be that much compared to the BSM punch

THE EXCESS IS THE REMAINING FORCE which is A SMALL PORTION.

IN DEFINITION it's not gonna be that much compared to the BSM punch
Jesus Christ I'm losing my mind here🤯

The novel EXPLICITLY states that Naruto braced himself on his leg from THE EXCESS IMPACT his punch caused. How is that by definition something insignificant if the excess impact was directly from the BSM level punch that transversed back to his leg? This is legit from the novel itself. I can't in any way, shape or form see how you can conclude it was only a small portion when the visual feat, and novel feat shows and says something completely opposite.

Jesus Christ I'm losing my mind here🤯

The novel EXPLICITLY states that Naruto braced himself on his leg from THE EXCESS IMPACT his punch caused. How is that by definition something insignificant if the excess impact was directly from the BSM level punch that transversed back to his leg? This is legit from the novel itself. I can't in any way, shape or form see how you can conclude it was only a small portion when the visual feat, and novel feat shows and says something completely opposite.
Insignificant in comparison to the punch.

Shooting a strong gun will push you back from the excess force. Are you taking the force of the gun now that the recoil pushed you back?

Insignificant in comparison to the punch.

Shooting a strong gun will push you back from the excess force. Are you taking the force of the gun now that the recoil pushed you back?
No. This comparison doesn't work at all.
A gun is not connected to a human being's body to begin with. AP=Durability doesn't apply in this case because the force of the bullet's travel speed wasn't as a result of your own physical force to begin with. It was from the trigger's force. But in Naruto's case, Naruto's punch directly correlates to his base AP/durability because the recoil from the arm directly connects to the rest of his own body.

No. This comparison doesn't work at all.
A gun is not connected to a human being's body to begin with. AP=Durability doesn't apply in this case because the force of the bullet's travel speed wasn't as a result of your own physical force to begin with. It was from the trigger's force. But in Naruto's case, Naruto's punch directly correlates to his base AP/durability because the recoil from the arm directly connects to the rest of his own body.
His cloak is taking the vast majority of the recoil, you act as if Naruto's raw fist is the one that exerted the energy. With this logic it'd stretch out to all forms of KCM throughout the series.

This isn't the matter of AP ≠ durability or newton's laws alone, it's the matter of the "excess" not being significant in comparison to the big punch in itself.

His cloak is taking the vast majority of the recoil, you act as if Naruto's raw fist is the one that exerted the energy. With this logic it'd stretch out to all forms of KCM throughout the series.

This isn't the matter of AP ≠ durability or newton's laws alone, it's the matter of the "excess" not being significant in comparison to the big punch in itself.
There is a reason why the novel precisely claimed Naruto had to brace himself by the feet to tank the impact. It's because it's meant to be a feat for base Naruto. If Naruto's cloaked arm tanked the vast majority of the recoil, there would have been no reason for him to brace the remaining "little force" that was considered an "excess" in amount which as a lowball, means it was most of the total AP output. It's as simple as that. How can excess be insignificant if that "insignificance" led to Toneri getting blacked out? This is an argument I can give up my life for. There's no way you can claim base Naruto bracing himself through his leg is something insignificant if that was from the shock made by BSM-arm Naruto.

No interpretation is worth holding on that strongly to.
I'm exaggerating but I'm crazily serious about this. There is no way anyone can argue against what's canon. This is a legit feat performed by base Naruto. The novel scan directly says Naruto had to brace himself from the impact through his legs. Cmon man how does this not prove base Naruto scales at least low-end to that punch?

This interpretation seems pretty spot on. having trouble seeing the logical inconsistency
Thanks so much. I'm about to lose my braincells from the confusion of disagreement I'm seeing here despite the blatant proof in the novel scan.

Alright I asked a friend and he pointed something good out. Naruto punches and he doens't take all the force from it or even the excess as we see in movie and stated in novel that the ground around Naruto sunk meaning the excess energy/force that was released was really applied to the moon and not mainly naruto.
naruto-the.gif

Alright I asked a friend and he pointed something good out. Naruto punches and he doens't take all the force from it or even the excess as we see in movie and stated in novel that the ground around Naruto sunk meaning the excess energy/force that was released was really applied to the moon and not mainly naruto.
naruto-the.gif
The key point is that the novel says Naruto used his LEGS to brace himself. That means his leg took the brunt of the impact. It's the massive strain kept on the leg that shattered the moon. If it wasn't Naruto, the novel would have said something like; "The moon surface sunk deeply as Naruto punched Toneri." It wouldn't have mentioned Naruto's legs if it wasn't supposed to be an impact exerted on him.

Last edited:
Back