• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Barney & Threads

Status
Not open for further replies.
Barney isn't allowed in Versus Threads because he has never been shown fighting. I think this is ridiculous.

Basically, my points are:

A: "He can't fight because he hasn't been shown fighting" is like saying "Saitama can't lose because he's never been shown losing". It's like a reverse No Limits Fallacy. I can agree that he has no combat experience, but if he is bloodlusted or willing to kill he can certainly put up a fight. There are also other kid's TV show characters like Thomas the Tank Engine and Clifford the Big Red Dog in this exact situation who are allowed in VS Threads.

B: Although many of his abilities haven't shown offensive capabilities, we have plenty of characters with abilities that aren't combat applicable. Some of Barney's abilities can be used in combat even if they normally wouldn't (such as Empathic Manipulation).

C: Let's say everything I've said on Point B is wrong. Let's say Barney doesn't even have any abilities. Well, that doesn't matter because physical strength alone should allow him on VS Threads and put him above over 9000 characters on the wiki.

Overall, Barney can fight if he's willing to kill or bloodlusted, many of his abilities aren't combat applicable but we can just dismiss those as, unsurprisingly, not combat applicable, and even without his abilities Barney is stronger than thousands of characters here.

I am not well-informed about this issue, but we also had a problem with our members spamming Barney threads as a joke, which turned into a problem after a while.

If they are made for borderline trolling purposes, yes.

There´s also how Barney has no character to speak of in matches to begin with, leading into any move he may do being very dubious at best.

Like, a 1-A match would likely be more easy to determine than anything involving Barney without downplaying.

I suppose so.

Anyway, this seems like a pointless discussion. Is it fine if I close it?

Bobsican said:
There´s also how Barney has no character to speak of in matches to begin with, leading into any move he may do being very dubious at best.
...so we make a rule to bloodlust him for battles.

I would still prefer to close this thread. It will not lead anywhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back