• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Another thing i'd like to add is that if sans TK is soul based then he would have restrain both Banjo and Kazooie at the same time to prevent one of them from attacking him. Can sans grab two souls at the same time?

I was mostly taking about Sean and his "straight up ignoring things" comment.

Fair enough. Another win con for B&K.

True, but it's bound to catch them off guard. Especially once he starts launching them towards walls.

Fair. But, correct me if I'm wrong, doesn't SBA start them out in each other's range? Because, if so, then that goes back to me "what B&K start with" scenario and because they're video game characters, we don't have an answer to that. Hense the inconclusive. If I'm wrong, then B&K win. They can easily stay out of Sans range and hit him with a homing egg.

The Wright Way said:
I was mostly taking about Sean and his "straight up ignoring things" comment.
Fair enough. Another win con for B&K.

True, but it's bound to catch them off guard. Especially once he starts launching them towards walls.

Fair. But, correct me if I'm wrong, doesn't SBA start them out in each other's range? Because, if so, then that goes back to me "what B&K start with" scenario and because they're video game characters, we don't have an answer to that. Hense the inconclusive. If I'm wrong, then B&K win. They can easily stay out of Sans range and hit him with a homing egg.

I agree, but Kazooie would still be able to keep shooting sans even if he slams them in the walls. The only way i can see him causing trouble is doing the same thing he did with Frisk in the ending of the fight where he slams him constantly in the walls, but he got tired after that and this can't kill Frisk.

Yes, indeed, they are videogame characters. But i can see Kazooie starting with her grenade eggs or the Wrench. Since the grenade eggs are the most powerful and she kept using her wrench all the time in Nuts & Bolts.

Once they notice that sans can teleport, it's not too far of a stretch to assume that they would decide to lock him in place via freezing him or keeping distance while flying and shooting like they did with Mr.Patch.

Flying is really not a good idea against Sans. If they fly too much in one direction, Sans will teleport them so that they're flying stright into the ground. Or he'll slam them down with telekinesis. If they try to throw a grenade egg, Sans teleports it directly behind them, or teleports them directly in front of it. If they do nothing, Sans danmaku stomps. They lift him up into the air, and then what? Cause him to teleport to make it even harder on themselves? This really isn't hard.

I already adressed everything you just said. And why most fictional characters aren't skilled enough to handle sans danmaku?

You can dodge sans' attacks by having good reactions and versatility, Banjo and Kazooie have this and as i stated above Kazooie would keep spamming eggs at sans so he wouldn't be able to keep attacking with the same proficiency. sans only track record is fighting against Frisk, which isn't a small feat, but Frisk never kept shooting him constantly while he's attacking him.

And to be honest, in order to dodge most of sans' attacks you'll need to do some platforming and a lot of jumping and...y'know...that's kinda what Banjo and Kazooie do.

"But, correct me if I'm wrong, doesn't SBA start them out in each other's range?"

They start at whoever has the largest range's range, up to 4KM.

Yeah at that start Banjo can just stay out of Sans' range, see that he starts teleporting and moving around, and then use homing attacks to catch Sans off guard

Voting for Banjo and Kazooie if I hadn't already

What are the votes anyway?

I would like to also mention that this wouldn't be the first time where Banjo fights an enemy that can teleport, it isn't super important but it shows that someone with those powers isn't something new to them. I also vote for B&K.

B&K: 7 (TheArsenal212, Kriskirby, GyroNutz (I think), JiggyHunter11, The Wright Way, The Coolest Water Bottle, Niccokirby)

Sans: 2 (Sans2345, Super Ascended Sean Pazdera)

JiggyHunter11 said:
I would like to also mention that this wouldn't be the first time where Banjo fights an enemy that can teleport, it isn't super important but it shows that someone with those powers isn't something new to them. I also vote for B&K.
Yes, but it is the first time where they fight against someone who can teleport that fast, that amount of times, and where their teleportation counters everything they throw at him.

My argument wasn't built on the premise that Banjo would dodge everything sans can throw at him just because he's a platformer character, that was just a fun comment that i did at the end since sans attack pattern pretty much requires a lot of platforming.

This fight is pretty much two characters that have quick ways of killing each other, but the difference is clear:Banjo One-shots, sans would take a few seconds to kill them both for good if he lands his attacks.

Banjo has better range, wider arsenal, is more versatile, has better TK, has three ways of stun his foe and has better fighting experience.

I know, there are multiple people who have thought that.

Banjo has no way to land a hit on Sans, and Sans has every way to land a hit on him.

With his teleportation, range really doesn't matter against Sans. Nor any of the other stuff, because those would require hitting someone whose specialty is not being hit. Someone with better fighting experience than Banjo and Kazooie was stomped by Sans's first attack.

You keep saying that sans teleportation is so good that Banjo would never be able to harm sans without proving why. And again, the only reason to why Frisk never landed a fair hit on sans was because sans had better reactions and Frisk was using a Knife to attack him. Speed is equalized so no reaction advantage, and Kazooie's eggs can be spammed and have a better range than sans' attacks.

The game makes it pretty clear that Frisk kills sans with knife, the real knife is the last item that we found and sans dies with a knife cut.

Sans "instant" teleportation isn't passive, it depends on him reacting fast enough to use it, not only that but we are yet to see sans using it to dodge attacks.

There have been a few occasions in the game were certain attacks are scripted like that. And that doesn't mean the other attacks weren't what they were.

I'm aware of that. We've seen him teleport himself, so I'm pretty sure that if there was an attack he COULDN'T dodge, he'd teleport either it or himself.

Super Ascended Sean Pazdera said:
Banjo has no way to land a hit on Sans, and Sans has every way to land a hit on him.
Speed unequalized, Bear and Bird would relentlessly maul, But even with its equalization Teleportation could only get you so far though.

In the beggining of the genocide route we can see that Frisk/Chara were searching for knifes at Toriel's house, then right before we face sans we get a Real Knife and he dies with a knife cut, so saying that Frisk did kill sans with the real knife instead of another random attack item is the most plausible explanation. We don't even know if empty gun even works as a real gun and even if it did it wouldn't matter because the gun's range was never established and Frisk wasn't that far from sans during the fight.

I'll just quote what i said before:
But sans can just keep teleporting, right? sans only shows to teleport while Frisk isn't attacking, but let's say that he can, he would have to dodge several homing attacks of people who have the same attack speed and reactions as him. (which having a better reaction being a factor to why he was able to easily dodge Frisks attacks, which were done in hand-to-hand combat style with a knife.)
Another thing is that fact that they could just fly off and Kazooie can amplify her flying speed with the Beak Bomb technique, getting a good distance from sans in the sky and keep spamming him from there + They being able to fight Mingy Jongo who spams teleportation to attack them with homing shots.

Just because you use a knife as the final hit doesn't mean you never did anything else. And why the hell would the Empty Gun not work like a gun?

If Sans is skilled enough to dodge hits in hand to hand combat (which he did by choice, by the way), then he'll be more than enough able to handle attacks done from a range. Also I already debunked the flying thing with Sans's telekinesis and Gravity Manipulation.

That would just be an assumption, when it's far more likely to assume that Frisk used a real knife to fight sans for the reason i've stated above. Why would they keep using a different weapon during the fight but then suddenly out of the blue in the final attack they would use a knife? And again this hardly matters here, the gun itself doesn't fire real bullets and someone proposed scaling sans from this same gun months ago and it was rejected for being too wonky.

https://vsbattles.com/vsbattles/2932543

Not really, dodging hand to hand attacks from someone who has less reaction time than you and that doesn't attack you while you're attacking them is not the same thing as dodging several projectiles from people with better range and same reaction speed, and it's very likely that their aim is far better too since they had to fight enemies like Mr.Patch shooting him while flying among several challenges testing their aim.

You never debunked the flying, The Wright Way talked about how gravity would affect the fight and i responded why things would happen differently, but let's see this.

Flying is really not a good idea against Sans. If they fly too much in one direction, Sans will teleport them so that they're flying stright into the ground.

And what makes you think that they would just fly in one direction? Especially when they would know that the enemy knows how to teleport and can throw projectiles at them, heck, in the Gruntilda fight in the first game if you keep flying in the same direction she'll hit you with fireballs.

Or he'll slam them down with telekinesis. Kazooie would get out of his range fairly quickly, especially when she has a move that increases her flying speed and that can be used to fly to any direction she wants. This would also imply that sans would have enough force to slam them both in the ground with his TK while Kazooie is using her own strenght to fly upwards.

If they try to throw a grenade egg, Sans teleports it directly behind them, or teleports them directly in front of it. If they do nothing, Sans danmaku stomps.

That would imply that sans could teleport several projectiles coming to hit him when he never once used his teleportation to do such thing, even if somehow he manages to teleport one egg that hardly means anything when:

1. He would have to also teleport several eggs coming to get him.

2.Banjo can tank his own grenade eggs with minimal damage.

They lift him up into the air, and then what? Cause him to teleport to make it even harder on themselves? This really isn't hard.
They wouldn't just stand around in the middle of fight, Kazooie can just quickly tap him in the ground and that would be it, or just fire one egg at him with her mouth.

And about the gravity shift, the blue mode does change gravity but doesn't incap a character to the point where they can only walk around, that's why Frisk can still jump while in blue mode.

Heck, in the ending of the Papyrus fight Frisk can jump the giant bone while in blue mode without issue, now imagine the same scenario with a character that can actually fly and can increase it's speed to fly up, i really doubt that this would be a problem here.

Back