• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Banjo-Kazooie major revisions + discussion

GyroNutz

VS Battles
Administrator
So I kinda feel like I have to make this now, since there's a few changes that have been made to the Banjo & Kazooie page without a proper CRT. I wanna cover abilities, AP + durability in this thread.

Abilities
Banjo & Kazooie: Out of the changes made on the profile, I agree with Summoning (Kazooie Clockwork Eggs are basically minature explosive robots, can summon vehicles with the magic wrench), Body Control (Reasons already stated), Healing (Through sleeping in his backpack and the HONEYBACK cheat which btw is a canon upgrade), Toon Force (Mainly for the reasons he has dimensional storage and pocket reality manipulation).

I disagree with dimensional storage + pocket reality manipulation, since they seem to be extrapolating Banjo's toon force, along with Shapeshifting (Banjo & Kazooie can only shapeshift via Mumbo Jumbo's magic. This is outside help, not an ability).

Gruntilda: Curse Manipulation (Cursed Mumbo Jumbo to wear a skull on his head for as long as she is alive), Clairvoyance (Knew that King Jingaling gave Banjo a jiggy even when she was kilometers away from them), Healing (Cheato, the sentient spell book that gave Banjo the HONEYBACK cheat, belonged to Gruntilda originally. She should have access to HONEYBACK, which gives her access to Healing)

Lord of Games: Forcefield Creation (self explanatory), Data Manipulation (Via pixellation), Mind Manipulation (After Gruntilda lost the game, LOG made Piddles the Cat no longer subservient to Gruntilda, along with several mindless Gruntbots )

Existence Erasure for Gruntilda. Her plot manipulation makes it so that you are deleted from the plot if you cheat (cheats are canon), shown by the game over screen following this (which also appears if you die) and the lack of save file (theres no save file to go back to since you no longer exist). I believe Lord of Games should get this as well as his plot manipulation is logically superior to Grunty's.

Mumbo Jumbo: Age Manipulation (His magic can change Baby T-rexes to grown up T-rexes)

Possible Telepathy for the aforementioned three characters (They can 'speak' to you when they are nowhere near you).

Attack Potency
I believe the main cast should be Large Building level+ for several reasons. Firstly, they fight and defeat enemies the size of large buildings (like Terry ), keep in mind that Banjo himself is larger than most humans. Secondly, there was a calculation that put Gruntilda at Large Building level+ (found here ). Thirdly, the HAG-1 created an earthquake strong enough to shake Banjo's house from quite the distance away, which should qualify for Magnitude 3.5 (which is Large Building level). There's also quite a few support feats at Building level

Gruntilda + Banjo & Kazooie should have a City Block level key with vehicles. Someone calced the [1] spiral mountain bust to be 8-B. This should scale to all vehicles, and perhaps Nuts & Bolts Gruntilda too for taking direct hits from Banjo's vehicles which are comparable.

EDIT: Mr. Bambu has redone the calculation here, and once it is accepted, it yields Multi-City Block level.

LOG is obviously unaffected.

Speed
I haven't got any better feats for speed yet, but their current speed feats aren't really justified. Thoughts?

Agreed, very well formulated.

EDIT: Terry is masive, it even looks like his peck-peak is bigger than Banjo.

The abilities look great for sure. I'd prefer to see the calcs and/or video clips for the AP upgrade though. Also, Magnitude 3.5 Earth is Large Building level no "+" sign going to point out. But if there's another calc that high to show, than post it and it could be fair enough.

DarkDragonMedeus said:
The abilities look great for sure. I'd prefer to see the calcs and/or video clips for the AP upgrade though. Also, Magnitude 3.5 Earth is Large Building level no "+" sign going to point out. But if there's another calc that high to show, than post it and it could be fair enough.
I see. Mb about the earthquake bit, I'm hoping to get the Large Building+ calculation from Nevermind by tomorrow, fingers crossed

The OP has been updated, the yield from the Gruntilda calculation was 7.155 tons. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe that's Large Building level+

I'm not a B&K fan, but it's good to see such an iconic franchise NOT be stuck with a ridiculously generic 8-C for a tier.

For sure. Also nice to see a 90s platformer with abilities other than basic ones like invulnerability, martial arts etc.

Absolutely awesome. Agree with it all. Along with Bond, Banjo-Kazooie has been apart of my life all my life. Literally just finished 100% completing Banjo-Kazooie as well.

But even with personal bias aside this is terrific. Agreed 100%

Saikou The Lewd King said:
I'm not a B&K fan, but it's good to see such an iconic franchise NOT be stuck with a ridiculously generic 8-C for a tier.
>forgets there is a 2-C.

I see, then these upgrades seem reasonable then. Also, I really loved the Classic Banjo Kazooie, and Banjo Tooie; but Nuts & Bolts I agree that that was a bad sequel. The Subtitle is pretty true to how Balls to the Wall it was. Also a bit of a reminder how Microsoft killed Rare, but thankfully, Rare has been getting more respect since 2013 as their more recent games are good; but still pales in comparison to how great Rare was when Nintendo owned them.

Anyway, back to the main point. I agree with these upgrades.

So we got 4 supporters for this and no objectors. Is it alright if I add this now?

Alright then. Five supporters should be enough to have this added, so I'll change the profiles now

I've done all the upgrades that I could so far, the only ones left are the vehicle downgrades (Mr Bambu's calc needs evaluating) and Lord of Games' upgrades (profile's locked)

@gyro just one thing.

At the end of BK, Gruntilda gets trapped under a small boulder and literally can't move it herself. It's not like her powers were limited because she gets up after being freed, chases down mumbo and destroys Banjo and Kazooie's house.

Are we considering this to be PIS because she should of been able to destroy the boulder

Yeah, I think it's PIS that she couldn't destroy the boulder. The durability needed to survive the fall + boulder crush is far higher than the AP needed to pulverise the boulder, and Grunty tanked the former quite fine.

Along with this, Klungo tried to remove the boulder for 2 years straight. He should have the AP to smack it into small pieces, but the rock is unharmed after 2 years.

So yeah, PIS. She had so many outs from that situation, imo it's just an excuse for a 2 year timeskip.

Even then, she was fine with travelling through the rock as a soul in Grunty's Revenge, where she still should have had access to her abilities

Yeah

I calced the rock being destroyed. If it was pulverised like Grunty's sisters did in the intro cutscene, it would just about be Large Building Level iirc. Simple fragmentation would just be Small Building Level most likely.

It's a nice support feat ig, PIS aside

@Gyro

Thats quite consistent then, also bosses like Terry can have his KE calcd wich could yield good results.

Back