• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

BAN-KAI! Bleach General Discussion

Im talking ocular genjustu. Plp think it works on anyone regardless of their physiology and that it affects regardless of their power level. For example sasuke knock out sakura for a hour with his genjustu would that do they same to someone like ichigo?
Sakura > Kaguya > Ichigo

That’s their logic.

Also would Genjutsu work on BG9? For some reason they think BG9 needs to show feats of resisting Genjutsu first.

Do you think KS would have work on BG9?

Genjutsu has worked on a ton of different things with varied physiology but most are Organic or spiritual in nature, depending on verse equalization and stuff Genjutsu shouldnt work on Inorganic beings unless there's some mental mind shenanigans thats tied to the power system that can be interacted with somehow, like how the Edo Tensei's souls and minds are tied to corpses. ( a good example of it not working on inorganic beings is when Sarada was unable to put someone under a genjutsu until it was revealed that they were a puppet, Sasori also coincidentally has some of the best resistance to Genjutsu via his databook stats) but thats only for internal genjutsu, external genjutsu that exists in physical world on surfaces and stuff idk, i cant really think of an example of how they would interact.

unless you count the anime, Itachi used genjutsu on mecha naruto

Sister I’ve been waiting for a comprehensive TYBW databook for 7-8 years and we still don’t have one.
Don't worry, my child. The wait is almost over.
Screenshot_20220906-183335-364.png

What power do y’all want Ichigo’s true Tensa Zangetsu to have vs what power do you think makes most sense for it to have?

What power do y’all want Ichigo’s true Tensa Zangetsu to have vs what power do you think makes most sense for it to have?
I always thought it would make sense for Ichigo's true Zanpakuto to have the ability to literally cut through fate which would give him the edge over Yhwach's future alteration powers.

Not saying that Ichigo's sword would be an instant-win but I picture it working that if Ichigo is about to be hit by an attack that will absolutely kill him, then he could swing his Zanpakuto and cut the attack apart - negating his fate. At first glance it would just look on the surface that Ichigo is deflecting and overpowering attacks like always but then Yhwach would realize that there is no way that Ichigo could be powerful enough to take his attacks head-on. What Ichigo is really doing is slicing not through the attack, but through the future that Yhwach creates for him.

I always thought it would make sense for Ichigo's true Zanpakuto to have the ability to literally cut through fate which would give him the edge over Yhwach's future alteration powers.

Not saying that Ichigo's sword would be an instant-win but I picture it working that if Ichigo is about to be hit by an attack that will absolutely kill him, then he could swing his Zanpakuto and cut the attack apart - negating his fate. At first glance it would just look on the surface that Ichigo is deflecting and overpowering attacks like always but then Yhwach would realize that there is no way that Ichigo could be powerful enough to take his attacks head-on. What Ichigo is really doing is slicing not through the attack, but through the future that Yhwach creates for him.
That would be so raw, especially if we watch Yhwach’s reaction when he discovers he could never win

Luck is interesting, why
Weren't all the events that happened to Ichigo a kind of luck? Also, Yhwach's speech when he fails to break the blade for the 2nd time, saying that Ichigo has impressive luck. It can be both things in fact, so-called luck is just a manifestation of destiny acting.

Weren't all the events that happened to Ichigo a kind of luck? Also, Yhwach's speech when he fails to break the blade for the 2nd time, saying that Ichigo has impressive luck. It can be both things in fact, so-called luck is just a manifestation of destiny acting.
So less of luck as pure probability and more so tying it back to fate?

So less of luck as pure probability and more so tying it back to fate?
If you bring up that point it really is that, but I think of luck more as a manifestation of Ichigo's breaking of destiny, just an aspect of the future altered by his bankai

it would be a
way for them to explain all the "cutting through fate" or "shattering fate" metaphorical statements they make, like at the end of chapter 0

It will definitely be something in relation to him "cutting through fate". There are so many implications that it's insane. You have one of the first, major speeches given to us by Ichigo, about his desire to "have a sword strong enough to shatter fate itself", to protect those around him. He's battling the complete antithesis of this notion in the form of Yhwach. He's fighting someone who manipulates fate to cause carnage, destruction and despair to those Ichigo desires to protect, his world, his friends, his loved ones. All are threatened by this changing destiny. It wouldn't make sense for his sword, which is born and shaped by the emotions and ideals of himself, to not embody that desire of shattering fate to protect those dear.

It's such amazing writing by Kubo, I know he will tie all of this together in the anime.

To end with this quote by Ichigo as it just completely encapsulates his main character motive simply and beautifully.

""If fate is a milestone, then we are the grist. There is nothing we can do. So I wish for strength. If I cannot protect them from the wheel, then give me a strong blade, and enough strength... to shatter fate." "

Back