• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

BAN-KAI! Bleach General Discussion

Best character is yhwach imo. I like how he trolls plp

Tricked ichigo into cutting the soul king.

Trash talked aizen for losing to ichigo.

Waited on everyone to get to the soul palace just so he can neg them even left a portal so ichigo can come after him.

Gave his sternritters false promises

Best character is yhwach imo. I like how he trolls plp

Tricked ichigo into cutting the soul king.

Trash talked aizen for losing to ichigo.

Waited on everyone to get to the soul palace just so he can neg them even left a portal so ichigo can come after him.

Gave his sternritters false promises
Nit gonna lie, Yhwach really has/had potential, and he is badass so I can see him as a choice

Make an average of everything let’s say, you can also write 2 or 3 of them.
Mayuri it is.
  1. There isn't a dull panel he appears in
  2. Best and most varied designs in all of Bleach
  3. Went from "****** up lunatic who should be in Arkham" to "not as ****** up over protective dad"
  4. Every scene has him talking shit to someone, trolling someone or flexing on someone
  5. Nemu is standard equipment and while she doesn't have the biggest rack, she is hella thicc.

What's interesting in Bleach is that all big villains aren't actually villains - they're only antagonists. Aizen wants to create a better world, Azashiro wants to rid the world of all hollows, which he believes to be the right thing to do. Even refuses to fight the Soul Society. Yhwach wants to rid the world of the concept of death so that people wouldn't fear it no more (possibly has something to do with Hell as well). Sure, Aizen and Yhwach are ready to kill, but I'd still consider them antagonists.

The only actual villain is Tokinada - the sadistic f*ck who has a self-serving goal, enjoys breaking the bones of his foes with a vile smile on for several hours and pretends to understand Tosen only to reveal that he murdered his best friend for telling him to stop murdering others...

The only actual villain is Tokinada - the sadistic f*ck who has a self-serving goal, enjoys breaking the bones of his foes with a vile smile on for several hours and pretends to understand Tosen only to reveal that he murdered his best friend for telling him to stop murdering others...
Even then, Tokinada does what he does because he believes everyone in SS a villain due to SS’s history. In his own mind his actions are justified by the actions of his ancestors, believing he is just because his ancestors were just in similar evils.

Tosen. The way his sense of justice is warped and what he told Aizen... I can proudly puff out my chest and say Tosen>=Ulquiorra
as an ulquiorratard I gotta try to prove that he is better tousen is a very good character, imo he can make it into the top 10 but not above ulquiorra, both performed their roles very well but the theme of stagnation and fear are more cruicial to bleach's narrative and ichigo than that of justice, and tite kubo stated the story to be about ichigo rather than soul society and the world (which is why he decided to not dig deeper into the west branch as he said it would delay the storys main focus) so if you want to be as objective as possible you gotta value whats more important to the story. And ulquiorra was literally the embodiment of what the story was trying to tell us not to be(there are others too tho like yhwach id argue embodied it better but didnt push ichigo as well as ulquiorra ), we all know aizens famous speech at the end and now compare ulquiorra to that

ulquiorra was in a state of stagnation in terms of his emotions because of his fear, this can be seen once you read his backstory the entire reason as to why he was the way he was is because of his fear of emotions he concluded that if he didnt have emotions he would no longer feel the pain that he felt thus he got rid of them and appeared as though he no longer feared anything, so instead of using fear to evolve to better himself (what bleach was teaching) he fell into it and stayed stagnated and lost his emotions + he was the perfect antithesis to ichigo in that arc and pushed him more than anyone before, not to mention how he is the reason for orihime's change (and how amazingly they contrasted each other)
so he is responsible for 2 main characters growth and pushed the narrative very very well

tousen is still very very good imo ulquiorra just has more value thus better

Aura traversed the garganta to an area beyond myuris map by manipulating the reshi in it. Would that count as a travel speed feat?

What's interesting in Bleach is that all big villains aren't actually villains - they're only antagonists. Aizen wants to create a better world, Azashiro wants to rid the world of all hollows, which he believes to be the right thing to do. Even refuses to fight the Soul Society. Yhwach wants to rid the world of the concept of death so that people wouldn't fear it no more (possibly has something to do with Hell as well). Sure, Aizen and Yhwach are ready to kill, but I'd still consider them antagonists.

Yhwach never attacks someone who doesn't attack him first or disobey his kingdom's rules. Go watch all of his appearances.

Yhwach even tells Jugram to spare the lives of the Shinigami cowering in fear if he wanted to make that choice during the first invasion.

what about gerard and the sternritter who fought shunsui at the first invasion? I dont remember them disobeying
Gerard was the only exception so far, because "he didn't needed the Quincy anymore" but that could be blame on Kubo for not letting that man die. The other Sternritter were killed by Jugram. Even after Yhwach killing Gerard, he destroyed the chair and waited for Renji and Ichigo to attack him from behind. He attacked Aizen after he rushed at him.

Maybe Yhwach killed Gerard because he didn't let him sleep and had that nightmare because of his tremors... :p

Gerard was the only exception so far, because "he didn't needed the Quincy anymore" but that could be blame on Kubo for not letting that man die. The other Sternritter were killed by Jugram. Even after Yhwach killing Gerard, he destroyed the chair and waited for Renji and Ichigo to attack him from behind. He attacked Aizen after he rushed at him.

Maybe Yhwach killed Gerard because he didn't let him sleep and had that nightmare because of his tremors... :p
hmm, I dont think I buy that interpretation based on this yhwach also kills people he deems unnecessary(like gerard too) further supported by this

so I dont think that was kubos fault for keeping gerard alive, its just that interpretation was wrong and yhwach also kills people who no longer have any use

We dont have statements of the realms being infinite. But we have of garganta being infinite
Ss and the wol are infinite. The muken is stated to be a infinite expanse in the databooks and infinite in the manga and it's just a prison in ss. Also the valley of screams is stated to be infinite in the novels and movie. It's made from souls from ss and wol

Ss and the wol are infinite. The muken is stated to be a infinite expanse in the databooks and infinite in the manga and it's just a prison in ss. Also the valley of screams is stated to be infinite in the novels and movie. It's made from souls from ss and wol
Both valley of screams and the muken are kinda their own dimension separated from the other realms

Muken can just be assessed via SS

Both valley of screams and the muken are kinda their own dimension separated from the other realms

Muken can just be assessed via SS

It's never stated to be a dimension it's just a underground prison. Tightly sealed off. It's not like the senkimon or the garganta where u open a portal. You Literal just unlock a giant door and walk in

Back