• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

BAN-KAI! Bleach General Discussion

Mach 1 is over 6 times greater than TV for a human so it should still be Low 5-B afaik. Not sure why it would be a mess unless the size of Seireitei is gonna be recalced again.

Depends. If you use SoS for Ichigo arriving in 9h 15m, then the distance would be significantly lower than it was in the original calc, and, by the looks of it, that's the route Damage's calc went to.

Edit: IMO, SoS should have been used for the 7 days timeframe, as that what it would have normally took Ichigo. It took him 9h because he was hurrying the hell up as the invasion already had started.

Depends. If you use SoS for Ichigo arriving in 9h 15m, then the distance would be significantly lower than it was in the original calc, and, by the looks of it, that's the route Damage's calc went to.

Edit: IMO, SoS should have been used for the 7 days timeframe, as that what it would have normally took Ichigo. It took him 9h because he was hurrying the hell up as the invasion already had started.
That's another good point, the normal time frame even using shunpo would take 7 days and ichigo arrived at 9 hours cus he was in a hurry

Using speed of sound (343 m/s) for the 7 days (604,800s) would give a distance of 207,446,400‬ m or 207,446.4 km.

Result from the old calc is the lowest low ball you can come up because that was under the assumption that Ichigo won't do anything and just let himself freefall 7 days straight into soul society, anything lower than that would assume that sometimes Ichigo will stop mid air to take smoke breaks or smt like that.

If Ichigo, was going at the speed of sound (which is completely ridiculous) that would mean that the shunpo reffered from the zero squad member is likely 30m/s.

when basic hollow have supersonic feats

see how dumb and completely nonsensical it sound?

the speed of sound need to be used as a basic value for the 7 days since that is the lowest low end in feats, if you do not want to use the speed of lightning for Ichigo.

If Ichigo, was going at the speed of sound (which is completely ridiculous) that would mean that the shunpo reffered from the zero squad member is likely 30m/s.

when basic hollow have supersonic feats

see how dumb and completely nonsensical it sound?

the speed of sound need to be used as a basic value for the 7 days since that is the lowest low end in feats, if you do not want to use the speed of lightning for Ichigo.

The whole feat is nonsensical since the counterpoint to that if you'd be arguing for Ichigo's max speed to be around Mach 14 if a typical Shunpo down there is just Mach 1.

I've been told that the best low end version is to assume Ichigo was travelling at least Mach 1 since he visually did so on the panel, and we know what his timeframe is.

That's what I've calced.

The whole feat is nonsensical since the counterpoint to that if you'd be arguing for Ichigo's max speed to be around Mach 14 if a typical Shunpo down there is just Mach 1.

I've been told that the best low end version is to assume Ichigo was travelling at least Mach 1 since he visually did so on the panel, and we know what his timeframe is.

That's what I've calced.

We know the timeframe for the other feat too, it is the exact same feat.

Ichigo literally travelled from the Start Barrier to the ground in some seconds, and given the radious of seiretei, speed of sound is too slow and it is contradicted by anything.

what you are implying with that calc is that an human with a bike is faster that what The zero squad member thought Ichigo or any relevant shinigami can do with the shunpo.
That calc is even wrong that the previous one.

There is no reason To do not use the speed of sound on the 7 days feat, given the fact is the most basic thing in the verse, I don’t see any reason do not apply it Beside do not upgrade the verse.

Last edited:
Thinking that Ichigo travel speed is somehow around X times faster than the sounds is for sure more accurate and a fully reasonable low-end than thinking that the shunpo speed used by the zero squad member is around 30 m/s. Which is just wrong.

you know that better than me, and you also said speed of sound is reasonable for the 7 days feat, you Just do not want to apply it.

Sure, we even talked on discord about that, but you forgot.

Another flaw, on your calc is that the speed used by regular shunpo is slower than the falling speed! so a normal shinigami should have slow down his speed instead of going faster by using shunpo! it make sense right? this is even beyond the logic of low ball, since you are forcing a logic to make the result not at the minimun, but the exact opposite of accuarte.

Before making a calc, you should check the logical implication your calc imply; You know that you removed a calc via wrong logical reasoning and made a new one which via logical reasoning is even more wrong...?

Using speed of sound for the 7 days feats, does not have any kind of flaw, since it is faster than the falling speed, it is coherent with the logic that they have to go fast to reach the Seiretei, and is the most basic speed feat of the verse, when we are talking for travel speed of high tier.

Yes, that would mean that Ichigo travel speed is X times faster than the speed of sound, which is a logical low end that do not lead any kind of flaw or paradox like shinigami need to slow down instead of accelerating, since you do not want to use speed of lightning.

@Tyri456; that's why my preference is just not to have any calc at all for this. I created this one because a member of staff asked me to.

Perhaps finding how fast Ichigo travelled from the last barrier to the building he crashed into and using that speed for the 9 hours would be more accurate?

People can make their own versions. I'm just putting this one there based on the suggestion from AppleLord, AnonymousBlank and AKM.

So let’s list a few stuff.
  • Mach 1 is the bare minimum Ichigo could have gone and is shown in the feat but it doesn’t limit Ichigo’s speed in any shape or form (11,421.9 km).
  • Just falling for a week gives a greater distance than Mach 1 Ichigo does (32,054.4 km).
  • Every use of Shunpo is bare minimum FTE to people > human so that is an alternative method if we apply it to the week timeframe (20,744.64 km).
  • TS > or = Dangai who transcends the limits of Hollow and Shinigami so the speeds of such characters (if actually listed) should be viable numbers for the week timeframe eg Mach 500/1000 Kamishini no Yari (yes this number is contentious but it’s an example. Said example gives us 103,723,200 km/207,446,400 km). Zero Squad knows what Dangai can do and were watching Aizen smack everything from the Gotei 13. Now if only we had more of these numbers.
  • Ichigo vs Candice for being blatantly FTE to lightning for the 9:15 hour timeframe (14,779,938.6 km). This is what I would consider the highest number we can have unless some absolute mad lad manages to convince people that SoL is acceptable for either timeframe.
  • Said numbers are 9,983,088,851.4 km (9:15) and 181,314,478,598.4 km (week) for light speed.
@TOAAPRESENCE1
Its lower than what the bare minimum should be but I wouldn’t say it’s more inaccurate than the last one which had Ichigo taking breaks mid air iirc. Number is further off but the method is perfectly fine.

The radious is around 500km.

Dind't Ichigo travel it in just one panel?

Using 5 seconds is 100,000 m/s

Therefore the total distance would be around 3.240.000.000 m
My question: is that calc stacking? I think no, because it is the same feat! I found the speed of Ichigo when he was travelling the feat itself! So it should not be calc stacking, I guess.

I recall the calc was saying his final speed was crossing said distance and it gradually increased from Mach 1 which was the bare minimum starting speed but it got rejected or something.

The radious is around 500km.

Dind't Ichigo travel it in just one panel?

Using 5 seconds is 100,000 m/s

Therefore the total distance would be around 3.240.000.000 m
This sounds very reasonable considering he was fast enough where the femritters weren't quite too sure what just fell. I also agree with the sentiment that the speed Ichigo travels from the last barrier to the building would be him slowing down since he's trying to land, so it's a fair value to assign him. Lastly, there's no reason to assume he took any breaks in the 9 hours when he's demonstrated the ability to run for a week and fight for 3 months.

This sounds very reasonable considering he was fast enough where the femritters weren't quite too sure what just fell. I also agree with the sentiment that the speed Ichigo travels from the last barrier to the building would be him slowing down since he's trying to land, so it's a fair value to assign him. Lastly, there's no reason to assume he took any breaks in the 9 hours when he's demonstrated the ability to run for a week and fight for 3 months.
Yeah.

But what were the reasons why it was not accepted? if it was used.

@AnonymousBlank @Arc7Kuroi

@Tyri456; it'd still be calc stacking in the end. You'd be using the calc speed of a character as the basis to try and calc the speed of other characters.

The funniest thing about it is that my calculation that I did a while ago, finding its final speed (which is Mach 499), would still fit with the speed of lightning and that would be consistent with Ichigo's achievements right after, but the argument against it was '' He may have rested during the journey '', and NOTHING indicates that, as Ichigo was in a hurry and had Plenty of stamina to support such a trip. But you know, do what, sometimes they just don't want to accept something.

Not to mention that Ichigo literally after landing blitzed candice.

Going just by statments and on panel feats, that casual blitz is > natural lighting, without even calcing.
If we want an accurate calc, we should use speed of lighting for Ichigo, and directly find the distance.

That speed is also supported by the fact he travelled instantly the radious of the Seiretei, which is still around speed of lighning.

Note that the size of Seiretei is also by statements, so no calc.

The funniest thing about it is that my calculation that I did a while ago, finding its final speed (which is Mach 499), would still fit with the speed of lightning and that would be consistent with Ichigo's achievements right after, but the argument against it was '' He may have rested during the journey '', and NOTHING indicates that, as Ichigo was in a hurry and had Plenty of stamina to support such a trip. But you know, do what, sometimes they just don't want to accept something.
Yea, I always found ridiculous the whole "he need to take a rest"

If we have a final velocity (Barrier to ground), a objective start velocity (Speed of Sound), and a clear time-frame why not just assume a constant acceleration and use that to get the distance?

Lmao a weaker Ichigo was able to run with the Vizards for 5-7 days no rest, a weaker Ichigo fought Tensa Zangetsu/White for a whole 3 months no breaks. Ichigo was in a rush to save SS, saying he took a break is a weak counter argument if you could even call it a counter.

Back