• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

BAN-KAI! Bleach General Discussion

Actual media illiteracy ^
This is 100% factual information that Kubo told me.
Christianity: Jesus

Lily of the Valley:
Aizen's squad 5 flower is the Lily of the Valley, sometimes called the "Ladder to Heaven." The flower is closely associated within Christian tradition with the second coming of Jesus.

Symbolism and Resurrection:

Sosuke Aizen:

In the "Return of the God" chapter, Aizen's reappearance draws parallels with resurrection, mirroring the concept of the Second Coming of Christ. Aizen's transformation and return signify a rebirth, similar to the Messianic theme of Christ's return.

Second Coming of Christ:

The Second Coming in Christianity refers to the prophesied return of Jesus Christ. Aizen's return echoes the anticipation and significance attached to the Second Coming, both involving the return of a powerful figure.

Messianic Elements:

Sosuke Aizen:

Aizen's role as a charismatic and powerful figure aligns with Messianic qualities. His initial fall and subsequent return in the "Return of the God" chapter parallel the Messianic narrative.

Second Coming of Christ:

The Second Coming is associated with the arrival of the Messiah in Christian theology. Aizen's reappearance can be interpreted as a Messianic event within the Bleach narrative, akin to the awaited return of Christ.

Transformation and Redemption:

Sosuke Aizen:

Aizen's character undergoes transformative experiences, suggesting redemption or a new purpose. The "Return of the God" chapter implies a potential shift in Aizen's role, aligning with themes of redemption and transformation.

Second Coming of Christ:

The Second Coming is often linked to the idea of redemption and the fulfillment of divine purposes. Aizen's return might signify a transformative journey, paralleling the redemptive aspects associated with the Second Coming.

Soul King, The Devil, and Yhwach, and the Antichrist:

Tokinada's famous quote referring to the Soul King as "both a devil and a savior." Yhwach being the son of the Soul King is a counterpart to the Antichrist who disguises himself as a holy being and tricks people into thinking he is the Messiah.

Why is this relevant? Aizen's return to fight Yhwach is similar to Jesus's second coming to fight the Antichrist.

What does that make Ichigo? Longinus?
Ichigo has Antichrist symbolism. During Rapture (TYBW) the Antichrist (Ichigo) and Satan (Aizen) will join to fight God (Jesus/God). The Horn of Salvation is also a direct reference to Christ, but for Ichigo it comes from his more demonic powers (Hollow powers).

Aizen is a Lucifer/Devil analog (his ascended form is called the Devil in the databooks) and Yhwach is a Jesus analog 🗿 Yhwach is the literal son of god (Soul King)
The Soul King is referred to as a devil, and Aizen's character arc can be seen as a negative character arc of Jesus (or positive? as he starts bad and becomes better person) or a fusion of both Jesus and Dante's Inferno Lucifer.

No he isn’t 🗿 Reio is the literal creator deity of the verse
'For false christs and false prophets will arise and perform great signs and wonders, so as to lead astray, if possible, even the elect.'
The Soul King was created by the primordial universe or the "true God." He then began killing the poor Hollows, who are akin to animals operating on instinct. By the way, Quincy's EE is considered a sin.

'For false christs and false prophets will arise and perform great signs and wonders, so as to lead astray, if possible, even the elect.'
The Soul King was created by the primordial universe or the "true God." He then began killing the poor Hollows, who are akin to animals operating on instinct. By the way, Quincy's EE is considered a sin.
there is no "true god" before him, soul king just appeared knowing what and who he was (I AM THAT I AM) as well as his purpose

No one created Reio goober
According to Ichibē Hyōsube, over a million years prior to the Soul King's ultimate demise, all of existence was a single, chaotic, primordial world overrun by Hollows that preyed upon the world's denizens. When said Hollows started to evolve into the first Menos, the being that became known as the Soul King first emerged, "born" as if the world itself rejected the Menos. To protect the inhabitants of that world, the Soul King proceeded to annihilate all the Hollows that preyed upon them, temporarily stabilizing the world's decline. [2]
Bleach is subtle in that way; these little details carry significant meaning and are not present without purpose.

“Born” is in quotations as in it’s not meant to be taken literally.
Just consider it similar to Lucifer in Vertigo Comics. He was not "born" through any biological process, but the universe rejected the hollows, leading to his existence. This implies a level of sentience for the universe, akin to the universe in the Constantine animated movie.

Just consider it similar to Lucifer in Vertigo Comics. He was not "born" through any biological process, but the universe rejected the hollows, leading to his existence. This implies a level of sentience for the universe,
What

I am not saying it is; I'm not Christian either, but Kubo uses Christian themes in his writing, and it is also not pro-Christian hate or something.
I know he does 🗿 the very fact I presented arguments for Christian symbolism in Bleach acknowledges that. What I’m refuting is the interpretation that from what we know rn your interpretation is correct. Regardless, there is potential for the Hell arc to actually support your interpretation depending on what new lore we get.

I know he does 🗿 the very fact I presented arguments for Christian symbolism in Bleach acknowledges that. What I’m refuting is the interpretation that from what we know rn your interpretation is correct. Regardless, there is potential for the Hell arc to actually support your interpretation depending on what new lore we get.
Just wait for when the hell arc says these things are angels.
fwpjvjufvtn91.jpg

That's what I'm saying. Imagine if they fell because they were toppled (coup d'état)
I’m not agreeing with you, I’m just saying that demons in Christianity are literally angels, so calling them as such wouldn’t be “subverting expectations” or whatever

I’m not agreeing with you, I’m just saying that demons in Christianity are literally angels, so calling them as such wouldn’t be “subverting expectations” or whatever
It is, though, because most people don't associate demons with angels. Even Christians, believe me, I know a lot of Christians who don't even know that. Them being angels would subvert the expectations of the average viewers while still making a plot twist possible and foreshadowed enough.

Aizen is a Lucifer/Devil analog (his ascended form is called the Devil in the databooks) and Yhwach is a Jesus analog 🗿 Yhwach is the literal son of god (Soul King)
I know you are probably tired of this, but I need to get this out of my mind.
Yhwach's power disappeared 10 years after the war if I'm not misremembering, and the number 10 in the bible means
The Passover lamb was selected on day 10 of the 1st month (Exodus 12:3), as was Jesus, the Lamb that takes away the sins of the world (John 12:28 - 29; 1Corinthians 5:7). Day 10 of the 7th month is also the Holy Day known as the Day of Atonement. This unique day of fasting pictures the removal of Satan, the author of sin, before the millennial reign of Jesus begins (Revelation 20:1 - 2).
Yhwach is a satanic figure, and Aizen or Ichigo, or Kazuki, or whatever hell is, is a messianic figure.
In my interpretation, I don't hold the objective truth. Literature is an art of interpretation, after all.

Back