• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

BAN-KAI! Bleach General Discussion

Yeah I just rewatched the episode to gather scans. And relistening to Ichibe's conversation with Ichigo, this really sounds like it's going to be about transcendence. Ichibe specifically states that no amount of training will enable Ichigo to reach the level he's taking him to. And to me that screams transcendence, especially when the point of transcendence was to take you beyond the limits of what you could achieve with training. Given the direction the anime is going with Ichigo's training, I'm sure before the season ends, we will just have a blatant statement to confirm or deny this tbh.
Yeah Aizen referred to transcendence in the same way, hesaid no matter how or what u will do, u will hit a wall of power that you can't get past, and the breaking of that wall is what you can call "transcendence" which Aizen and Kisuke thought the only way to do so is by using the hogyoku, however Ichibe knew another way apparently

Why do Adult ichigo don't have his Dual Zanpakuto?
I’ll leave this here for you. If Ichigo wants he make his sword dual wield it’s just up to him.

A277:
Although this hasn't been touched upon in detail and since I don't plan on expanding upon this topic any further I'm going to answer your question here. The dual Zangetsu is made up of "the blade" and "the scabbard". The correct form of a Zanpakuto is one that includes a scabbard and there are only two blades without one: Sayafushi and Zangetsu. The dual blade state fixes Zangetsu into its "correct form" while its Bankai state provides the scabbard, and what was seen after it shattered is the "True Zangetsu". The shattered scabbard was absorbed by Ichigo so if he wanted to he could split it back into two, but I guess that depends on Ichigo himself.

I’ll leave this here for you. If Ichigo wants he make his sword dual wield it’s just up to him.

A277:
Although this hasn't been touched upon in detail and since I don't plan on expanding upon this topic any further I'm going to answer your question here. The dual Zangetsu is made up of "the blade" and "the scabbard". The correct form of a Zanpakuto is one that includes a scabbard and there are only two blades without one: Sayafushi and Zangetsu. The dual blade state fixes Zangetsu into its "correct form" while its Bankai state provides the scabbard, and what was seen after it shattered is the "True Zangetsu". The shattered scabbard was absorbed by Ichigo so if he wanted to he could split it back into two, but I guess that depends on Ichigo himself.
That answered my question. Am glad he can still go Dual.

That answered my question. Am glad he can still go Dual.
Ichigo's shikai and unsheated bankai look different but similar. His shikai is thing with a shorter hilt, the unsheated bankai is thick with a long hilt.

vtuywsxen6b81.png

In a short answer, Ichigo decided to nerf his true power chaning the blade to its old form in the same way "Old Man Zangetsu/Yhwach" was only allowing him to use but a fragment of his power. The Blade is Me, meaning he can control his powers now. In this state he wouldn't be able to affect the world of the living with his true power like Shunsui told his school friends.

Some very curious new info in this new episode:

We see a lot sperms cell, and a mother-like figure holding Yhwach at his birth, this means Yhwach is the son of Reio, there should be a Japanese myth similar to this about a child from Inazami and Izanagi, leading to the death of Izanagi.
Definitely Kubo need to give us more detail, because it can heavily impact our perception of the lore of the verse.

Ichibei talking about surpassing again the shinigami realm and reach a state you can’t reach no matter how much you train, that’s seems thing Aizen and Ichigo obtained in the Deicide arc, also Ichigo training in that room, seems like Kubo is doing some reference to Ichigo meditating within Dangai.

Could also just be random phrase we never see again too, so it is not worth thinking about it too much. At the end, the scaling of the god tier will not change anyway Given it is based simply on people who are stated to be above the husk of the Reio, so transcendence shenanigans are just secondary infos.

But I do believe that true shikai Ichigo when he unleash his true Reiastu against Yhwahc, so after Ichibei training, should be somehow similar to Dangai Ichigo in terms of strength.

We see a lot sperms cell, and a mother-like figure holding Yhwach at his birth, this means Yhwach is the son of Reio, there should be a Japanese myth similar to this about a child from Inazami and Izanagi, leading to the death of Izanagi.
Definitely Kubo need to give us more detail, because it can heavily impact our perception of the lore of the verse.
Ngl at the first of the episode I thought I opened a biology PowerPoint by a mistake

Well now Tokinada put 2 possibilities, he said either Reio had a son before he died, or his power later manifested in the form of Yhwach, this episode kinda support the first possibility

Ichibei talking about surpassing again the shinigami realm and reach a state you can’t reach no matter how much you train, that’s seems thing Aizen and Ichigo obtained in the Deicide arc, also Ichigo training in that room, seems like Kubo is doing some reference to Ichigo meditating within Dangai.
Kubo saw the fullbring scaling and screamed "I'm gonna burn you all"

Shit when Uryu talked to yhwach about why did he survive I thought we are about to discover it but we didn't, I think it will be touched later in the last cour when Ryuken gives the arrow to Uryu and says "this arrow should be only fired by you" or when Haschwalth faces Uryu (hopefully we see some fullsterndich)

Shit when Uryu talked to yhwach about why did he survive I thought we are about to discover it but we didn't, I think it will be touched later in the last cour when Ryuken gives the arrow to Uryu and says "this arrow should be only fired by you" or when Haschwalth faces Uryu (hopefully we see some fullsterndich)
Uryu has one of the sperms from SK that's why

About that Ichigo CA thread that was rejected, it was supposedly artistic choice but iirc grimmjow used pesquisa when he arrived in karakura town and his sensing abilities was shown the exact same way Ichigo sensed souls in soul society even the OG anime depicted it the same way the tybw did. Did anyone bring this up?
Mods left me out to dry.

Ngl at the first of the episode I thought I opened a biology PowerPoint by a mistake

Well now Tokinada put 2 possibilities, he said either Reio had a son before he died, or his power later manifested in the form of Yhwach, this episode kinda support the first possibility

Kubo saw the fullbring scaling and screamed "I'm gonna burn you all"
Yep, he remove the whole Renji is on Kenpachi level as a rival too. Lmao

Back