• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

BAN-KAI! Bleach General Discussion

Screenshot_20230612_154119_Chrome.jpg
It gonna be hilarious if the anime don't retcon this statement

About these Q&As from Kubo, where can i read them?
I just read them from here-

Wasn't that cross made up of blood? Or not? Does it even matter? Someone will need hax to do it. Byakuya and Toshiro combo destroyed that and Gerard evolved into a second form where he didn't even needed the core to regenerate. His second form doesn't have that weakness.
Toshiro froze gerard to core so logical the crosses abilities should have been nullified. So its probably immune to physical abilities and attacks. Kubo just didn't show the cross on panel when he eneterd his Last form

It's kinda underwhelming for me, I liked Gerard also because he was basically invincible. Well, he still got obliterated to dust and still came back so this weakness might as well be irrelevant

It's kinda underwhelming for me, I liked Gerard also because he was basically invincible. Well, he still got obliterated to dust and still came back so this weakness might as well be irrelevant
Well, by Kubos wording, it seems that not even Zaraki was able to destroy his core, so it is possible that only Soul King level characters may be able to destroy it.

I mean fodder for vs threads in general, of course in verse, only the god tiers are breaking it.
If you're putting Gerard against people massively stronger than Bankai Zaraki it's fodder. Otherwise it's still really good reliant immortality for his weight class.

I mean fodder for vs threads in general, of course in verse, only the god tiers are breaking it.
It's never stated it can be destroyed with raw power. Toshiros ice hax nulls durability and hax and it still couldn’t ve broken. I think you need a special type of hax

It's never stated it can be destroyed with raw power. Toshiros ice hax nulls durability and hax and it still couldn’t ve broken. I think you need a special type of hax
I can't see invulnerability being accepted for it here with such weak evidence, but if it does, whatever.

I can't see invulnerability being accepted for it here with such weak evidence, but if it does, whatever.
Invulnerability is likely the case seeing It's not affected by toshiros hax plus it would be odd that this medallion would scale massively above gerard himself.

If you're putting Gerard against people massively stronger than Bankai Zaraki it's called a mismatch. Powernull. Physical attacks. Spartial attacks. All of that is confirmed to not be able to destroyed the core. Yhwach's soul absorption did.

If you're putting Gerard against people massively stronger than Bankai Zaraki it's called a mismatch. Powernull. Physical attacks. Spartial attacks. All of that is confirmed to not be able to destroyed the core. Yhwach's soul absorption did.
Those are all assumptions, not confirmed like you claim, we never see any of those attacks connect with the core itself, and actually, you could argue the core formed after Kenpachi cut him in half given that we see Kenpachi between Gerard's head and the core isn't even there yet.

They wouldn't need to be massively stronger than Kenpachi though, they'd need decently higher AP than Kenpachi at most, a person or object is only as durable as it's best durability feats, and in this case, the cores best would be Kenpachi's AP, and even that is questionable for the reason I mentioned above.

Regardless, Gerard has gone from very good Mid-Godly, needing to erase both his mind and soul to put him down, to now only needing to destroy his core, that's a massive nerf lol.

how is the core being normally not in existence on the battlefield a bad thing
We don't know how it works really, I was just mentioning a possibility.

It's either not formed until he wants to use Vollstandig or hidden somewhere in his body at all times and he can manifest it outside.

We don't know how it works really, I was just mentioning a possibility.

It's either not formed until he wants to use Vollstandig or hidden somewhere in his body at all times and he can manifest it outside.
We don't need to be spoon fed Purgy, we can utilize deductive reasoning to infer properties of shit

We don't need to be spoon fed Purgy, we can utilize deductive reasoning to infer properties of shit
The people arguing against it can do the same 🤷‍♂️

I don't care if Gerard's core gets invulnerability or whatever, I'm just playing devil's advocate to see how strong of an argument you guys can make.

Those are all assumptions, not confirmed like you claim, we never see any of those attacks connect with the core itself, and actually, you could argue the core formed after Kenpachi cut him in half given that we see Kenpachi between Gerard's head and the core isn't even there yet.
Gerard's was destroyed with those types of attacks and the core wasn't destroyed. The place where the core is was completly affected and still Gerard was not defeated. Is confirmed. Not stated. Shown.
They wouldn't need to be massively stronger than Kenpachi though, they'd need decently higher AP than Kenpachi at most, a person or object is only as durable as it's best durability feats, and in this case, the cores best would be Kenpachi's AP, and even that is questionable for the reason I mentioned above.
Kenpachi in bankai himself is not even able to control his full power.
Regardless, Gerard has gone from very good Mid-Godly, needing to erase both his mind and soul to put him down, to now only needing to destroy his core, that's a massive nerf lol.
Good. It will end his NLF wank.

Q418:
On Wikipedia, the following is mentioned in regards to the Zangetsu wielded by EoS Ichigo: In Shikai, it can be used as both a single blade as well as a dual one (due to changes in reiatsu), and in its Bankai form Tensa Zangetsu can assume a Katana state (a mixture of the early Tensa Zangetsu and the one seen after the time skip) as well as a Great Sword state (after underdoing training with Kisuke Urahara and Squad Zero's Hyosube Ichibei).
Is this true?

A418:
You should consult the official material, not what is written on the wiki.

Bleach fans give middle finger to Bleach wiki for being ass, and now the creator of Bleach himself gives them the middle finger. Well deserved. lol

Q421:
Could you tell us in what area of the body the Saketsu and Hakusui (which are considered a Shinigami's heart) are located?
A421:
In terms of acupuncture points, the Saketsu is located in the solar plexus, while Hakusui is located around the navel area.

Chakra Reiatsu points confirmed.

Hell Arc tiny info:

Q447:
When did Ichigo cut his hair short? Was it Yuzu-chan that cut it for him?
A447:
I haven't decided on when it happened, but after graduating from high school Ichigo started going to a regular hair salon. Currently, he goes to the beauty salon where Yuzu works, as she has become a hairdresser and keeps pestering Ichigo to come to there.

Q421:
Could you tell us in what area of the body the Saketsu and Hakusui (which are considered a Shinigami's heart) are located?
A421:
In terms of acupuncture points, the Saketsu is located in the solar plexus, while Hakusui is located around the navel area.

Chakra Reiatsu points confirmed.
The Manga already confirmed this

Body manipulation for Riruka?

Q457:
In Chapter 477, Rukia jumps out to protect Ichigo from Tsukishima, but because of her surprised expression I figured that Riruka was manipulating her body. Who's intention was it actually, Riruka's or Rukia's?
A457:
It was Riruka's.

Q474:
I love the Lost Shinigami Agent arc! Could you tell us how old Ginjo is and how he came to be a Substitute Shinigami?
A474:
I'm afraid that how he became a Shinigami Substitute is secret, but his human age is 28 years old.

Back