• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

BAN-KAI! Bleach General Discussion

As far as I can tell Unohana's voice actor says verbatim what the manga does, meaning if the manga's rejected, there's no reason for the anime to be accepted.
She refers to Avici and how it’s name means « incessant/infinite » but it’s not even about size it’s about it being an eternal place of suffering
Zaraki even back this up saying it’s an eternal hell

Bare minimum, information that isn't inherently contradictory should be A-okay. But afaik the anime hasn't contradicted the manga

"But Arc they say Muken is infinite when the databooks say it only deludes one into thinking it's infinite"

Infinite =/= mathematical infinite inherently, so Unohana could just be using the "extremely large" definition, in which case it is in suit with the databook.

There hasn't been "new info" perse but more like clarifying information. Like we knew Blut was supposed to enable Quincy to fight a Bankai, now we know that this is because it amps them comparably to a Bankai level amp, the groundwork for Yhwach = Bankai Yama existed now the anime makes the argument stronger, the groundwork for FB Ichigo ~ Yhwach existed now the anime makes it clearer, we knew ZnT could destroy Soul Society now the anime tells us it would destroy the entire SS (let's call it a planet) in several hours. There is also a Shinigami, Quincy, and Hollows are significantly amped in HM statement too, so a lot of Arrancar arc in verse scaling might need to change, but I'll cross that path when I get there.

But the TLDR "changes" from the anime are: Blut Vene = 5-10x dura, Blut Arterie = 5-10x AP, base Yhwach probably = Bankai Yama, enraged fatigued FB Bankai Ichigo ~ base Yhwach.

She refers to Avici and how it’s name means « incessant/infinite » but it’s not even about size it’s about it being an eternal place of suffering
Zaraki even back this up saying it’s an eternal hell
Does she say that in Japanese raw? It's a prison so it can really have that double meaning, I don't see it negating the size

Unless the anime decides to drag it out and have it fall at a snail's pace 💀
The entire first invasion happened in 5 minutes due to the shadow time limit. Namek exploding all over again. Is call anime characters moving so fast everything else is slow down.

By the way, as for the TYBW anime canonicity. In the official interview below it is stated that Kubo not only supervises but also edits/rewrites the script for the anime clearly intending to make it as close to what he envisions as possible:
unknown.png
image.png

Pretty sure I also saw a statement about Kubo supervising the storyboard. I'll try and look for it.

Does she say that in Japanese raw? It's a prison so it can really have that double meaning, I don't see it negating the size
Yeah she does

Avici Is called infinite due to the fact that people suffer for eternity

Which is why she said « as it’s name suggest » it is made to draw a parallel

Which is confirmed by Zaraki’s statement

By the way, as for the TYBW anime canonicity. In the official interview below it is stated that Kubo not only supervises but also edits/rewrites the script for the anime clearly intending to make it as close to what he envisions as possible:
unknown.png
image.png

Pretty sure I also saw a statement about Kubo supervising the storyboard. I'll try and look for it.
I think everything included should be canon He said that he Would add the missing fights from the manga etc…

Planetary / several hours = multi continental
Is it specified that he would destroy the Planet entirely?

So what will be the upgrades there apart of the multipliers things.

Also someone told me the Bankai multipliers were gonna get revised cause they don’t really follow the multiplier rules iirc when Is it for ?

The anime will almost undoubtedly be canon, there's too much evidence of Kubo's involvement for it not to be.

But the important thing is the level of canon, as some people want it to supersede the manga. I personally think it should only be canon when it doesn't directly contradict the manga.
There's no way he can replace the manga, because Kubo won't change the story drastically or anything like that, the beginning/middle and end of Tybw was the way Kubo wanted it, he'll just brush the work so that the events occur in the same way. better way, at least that's what I understood from watching some interviews.

There's no way he can replace the manga, because Kubo won't change the story drastically or anything like that, the beginning/middle and end of Tybw was the way Kubo wanted it, he'll just brush the work so that the events occur in the same way. better way, at least that's what I understood from watching some interviews.
But there's no guarantee of that, they could make drastic changes, and it's better to decide before they happen than backpedal when they do.

But there's no guarantee of that, they could make drastic changes, and it's better to decide before they happen than backpedal when they do.
I think this separation should only occur if there is any sudden change, otherwise the anime serves as material to confirm something that was not clear in the manga

The one problem I have with gremmy's galaxy room feat being an outlier is the dude can imagine what he wants, he could consistently replicate the feat if allowed to in the story, also the ap of the meteor, his next strongest feat is never confirmed, only it's dc, which was the entire sereitei
Dude it's funny how it's considered as outliers when Yhwach was literally trying to nuke the verse and recreate something new. I like it how people just brush off bleach characters feats by words like outliers. Anyway If it doens't scale to others it should have scaled fo Yhwach, Ichigo and Aizen who objectively has statement to be on Soul King level.

Kubo stated he's been checking the anime script since the beginning of the arrancar arc,but with the tybw he's even more involved

@Marshadow29 Seireitei is the country sized city in Soul Society, Soul Society is the realm of the Soul Reapers (whether it is a planet, multi-solar space, multi-galaxy space, or a universe is up for debate)
Soul society Is the Planet the dimensions have no name iirc every source say the SS Is the Planet

CFYOW
Manga diagrams
Memories of nobody
Databook

Back