• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

BAN-KAI! Bleach General Discussion

Yeah but wasn’t Szayel and his brother combined as one originally so perhaps Cien was the VL and then split into two adjucas.

Lmao I really got pack @ed with the don’t forget Ulq and Baraggan, I feel bad now.

If they had a Gillian as the Espada, I highly doubt all the rest of them are VL, without any Adjuchas there, especially since VL are considered super rare.

Also, wasn't Grimmjow an Adjuchas, I think I remember him specifically failing to become a VL as a source of contention with his pride.

I am pretty sure only 4 and up were VL before they became Arrancars

If they had a Gillian as the Espada, I highly doubt all the rest of them are VL, without any Adjuchas there, especially since VL are considered super rare.

Also, wasn't Grimmjow an Adjuchas, I think I remember him specifically failing to become a VL as a source of contention with his pride.

I am pretty sure only 4 and up were VL before they became Arrancars
na, he was evolving still as shown in his backstory, the ones that did not were his "friends"

I could believe all the Espada save Szayel and Aaroniero were VL prior to becoming Arrancar. I mean they’re all very impressive. Zommari survived hits from Byakuya, Byakuya put down Yammy, Grimmjow fought hollow Ichigo, Ulquiorra fought hollower Ichigo, Nnoitra heavily damaged Kenny, Starrk killed everything around him by existing in his backstory, Baraggan is haxed out the wazoo, Tier bullied Toshiro and is a beast in CFYOW, and Yammy eclipsed Espada 6 5 and 4 with his angry Res.

Yea when Szayelaporro and his brother were one as a hollow they had reach the evolutionary stage of a Vasto Lorde and launched an attack on soul society

but he and his brother eventually split from one another and Szayelaporro regressed back into an adjuchas

I think it was stated Ulquiorra and up where Vasto Lorde, the others are Adjuchas and Aaroniero a Gillian.

Also is funny how is not Hollows gaining shinigami powers but shinigami powers being somewhat derived from Hollows...

Question: what do y’all think about Ichigo’s character development? Do you like or not like that he never overcame his despair? (Like how he still despaired before Yhwach)

Yeah I find Ichigo very relatable (even more so being ginger lol). I like how different Ichigo is from the other protagonists.

Except making him oblivious to Orihime just to milk out the shipping because the higher ups at Shounen Jump know rabid fans will eat that much more. I've always said to my friends on Discord that if I was writing Bleach or well when we talked about the writing and the arcs that I would have had Ichigo and Orihime already dating in the Fullbring Arc so that the betrayal and the psychological torment Ichigo is forced in by Tsukishima would gain another layer along with being able to also further his development. If you plan on having the character to do or have or gain or be something or someone or with someone it also needs development for it, romance shouldn't be seen as simple "Love Story" it can be used to also develop the character as a person since love can change people. It's just that writers seem to overblown it to unneeded proportions.

Yeah I mean I feel like 9/10 times tho shounen authors don’t really write with “love” in mind. So I never really take the romantic interests all too seriously, but I agree it kind felt a little shoe horned in the last arc where he had Ichigo blush or sumn.

Not wanting to focus on relationships and parings in a battle Shonen manga is not a bad thing.

People need to learn this.

@Damage I asked if I should make the thread and you didn't answer so I assumed it was OK.

Anyway we must discuss the calc so waiting is pointless.

It has to be done.

@Hasch; we already discussed it. Drop the topic already.

Why?

It's not against any rule AFAIK and them agreeing to a calc doesn't mean a diferent method can't be proposed after, because there's tons of examples of this very thing.

A valid reason must be given, tell me when we can discuse this and why we must wait.

@Hasch; I've spoken to Antvasima and it is now a Discussion Rule. This topic has literally been done to death over the years, and the last Calc Group thread was the one was sorting it out, at least until the anime adaptation reaches that point. Please, drop it.

If topics keep going around and around and around, and staff members are sick of having to deal with the same topics that come up over years, then eventually that topic is going to be closed, at least for a time.

Ah yes we staff are tired of discussing such things so it must mean there’s no reason to discuss such.

Dude this website is for discussing whatever regarding scaling fiction, people are going to come in here all the time with new ideas or maybe are unaware of arguments used already.

Silencing people for the reason of “I don’t feel like talking about it” is scummy.

Yeah and you quite literally just said “I made it a new discussion rule” solely because you don’t want to talk about it.

Ah yes we staff are tired of discussing such things so it must mean there’s no reason to discuss such.

Dude this website is for discussing whatever regarding scaling fiction, people are going to come in here all the time with new ideas or maybe are unaware of arguments used already.

Silencing people for the reason of “I don’t feel like talking about it” is scummy.
100%

@Hasch; I've spoken to Antvasima and it is now a Discussion Rule. This topic has literally been done to death over the years, and the last Calc Group thread was the one was sorting it out, at least until the anime adaptation reaches that point. Please, drop it.

If topics keep going around and around and around, and staff members are sick of having to deal with the same topics that come up over years, then eventually that topic is going to be closed, at least for a time.

Well it doesn't matter, makes no sense and there's no rule that allows to ban a new method to be discussed.

Nobody is forcing calc members to do anything, they are here because they supposedly have fun discusing fictional things.

@Antvasima

@Hasch; we had a calc group member's thread specifically to determine what the best method should be to solve this issue. We came to a conclusion.

Just because you don't like that conclusion doesn't mean you can then create a brand new thread to try and overturn it.

@Hasch; we had a calc group member's thread specifically to determine what the best method should be to solve this issue. We came to a conclusion.

Just because you don't like that conclusion doesn't mean you can then create a brand new thread to try and overturn it.

That goes against the purpose of the wiki and my thread isn't covered in the new rule either.

"We do have to consider that the staff only have limited time and energy to handle a massive number of tasks, and the regular members should accept their decisions and not repeat the same arguments over and over.

If that is not possible, we sometimes have to enforce new discussion rules"

It's not the same argument, it's the same feat with a new method.

Is that not the purpose of creating new threads?

You did the same thing with Bleach’s Speed. We spent the whole summer making it, you didn’t like it, you created new threads to overturn it.

If this is becoming a chore to you maybe take a break instead of silencing him.

And another one bites the dust. I need to enter the lottery game since my vision of the future is too perfect.
iwo.gif

Back