• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

BAN-KAI! Bleach General Discussion

it's an ocular GJ in the sense that it requires a Dojutsu(Eye-Based Kekkai Genkai) to cast.

but that's fair

there's never really a specific distinction made in the series on whether Ocular GJ are classified as GJ that requires mutual eye contact or GJ that comes from the user's eyes.

tho I'd personally go with the ladder.
It uses a Dojutsu to activate, and doesn't rely the target's sight to work, but it does affect the eyes pretty heavily.

it's an ocular GJ in the sense that it requires a Dojutsu(Eye-Based Kekkai Genkai) to cast.

but that's fair

there's never really a specific distinction made in the series on whether Ocular GJ are classified as GJ that requires mutual eye contact or GJ that comes from the user's eyes.

It's just a whatever distinction for this discussion. You've gotten your point across which I have no issue with.

Reishi isn’t a power system. Reishi is simple spiritual particles. It is not at a type of energy.
Genjutsu show a weakness to a different type of eye that wasn't organic. Is only fair to ask prove of evidence now for ocular Genjutsu working on eyes made of Reishi. Bijju's are made of spiritual energy aka Reiryoku, not spiritual matter aka Reishi.

CDN media

Genjutsu show a weakness to a different type of eye that wasn't organic. Is only fair to ask prove of evidence now for ocular Genjutsu working on eyes made of Reishi. Bijju's are made of spiritual energy aka Reiryoku, not spiritual matter aka Reishi.

CDN media
Biiju are made out of physcial and mental/spiritual energy since they are chakra.

but that's fair

Pretty sure ocular genjutsu are genjutsu that comes from dojutsu

Whether Genjutsu works on Reikaku or not is only really a discussion for Fullbringers and Quincy in their physical bodies. The strongest/most potent Genjutsu in the verse, the Infinite Tsukuyomi has been shown to not affect souls…the Edo Tensei. And iirc, we haven’t had any examples of Genjutsu working on souls to say that it’s a specific weakness of the IT that doesn’t apply to other Genjutsu. So Shinigami and Hollows are automatically safe from Genjutsu. Fullbringers and Quincy in their Reishi bodies should also be safe. It’s only FB and Quincy in their physical bodies that have the potential to be affected. And then that’s where Reikaku, limited power null and whatever other arguments come in

@Excellence616 @ReaperAndBlues @Hellscream I've actually brought this topic here before. There was not much response so I left it.

he should become immune to all abilities that he has theoretically seen from them[/URL]
If this justification is used, he should have resistance to all sternritter hax. He technically knows more about sternritter than shinigami.

I think he should have info hax. It just seems weird that he doesn’t have that.

There’s no reason to assume that like Espada Barragan should scale to 2000 years ago Barragan, when 1) we know people can get super rusty if they don’t train for 100 years much less 1000s, 2) Barragan quite literally sat on his ass bored for 1000s of years. Young Barragan just kinda scales in a vacuum. Also, it’s stated several times that Respira is what allowed Barragan to fight Iko, so it’s not even like a good stat thing for young Barragan.

There’s no reason to assume that like Espada Barragan should scale to 2000 years ago Barragan, when 1) we know people can get super rusty if they don’t train for 100 years much less 1000s, 2) Barragan quite literally sat on his ass bored for 1000s of years. Young Barragan just kinda scales in a vacuum. Also, it’s stated several times that Respira is what allowed Barragan to fight Iko, so it’s not even like a good stat thing for young Barragan.
Didn't Barragan state that his Espada self was the strongest he's ever been?

Not that it's too relevant since he wouldn't scale to Ikomikidomoe anyway, in my opinion.

Back