• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
That's still calc stacking. You're taking a calc from another scene and putting it elsewhere. Any numbers you/a fan gets cannot be applied to another calculation unless they happen in the same scene.
Check the OP. The speed of sound doesn't actually come from any calcs, it's stated in the manga itself. Mach 6 is 100% calc stacking though

Peak human? Are you serious? Weak characters are already able to dodge bullets as it was nothing, in Baki Kid they were already FTE, etc.

I used Katsumi as example cuz he broke the sound barrier in the Maximus Saga, just like baki did. Maximus Saga is an old saga where characters were much weaker and slower than in the Pickle saga, so I believe it is evident that Pickle has at least the speed of sound. Also vsbattle considers him High Hypersonic.
I know, i know, i'm just saying that i don't think that's allowed here, i've seen how they use peak human perception when someone blitz MHS characters and up

I know, i know, i'm just saying that i don't think that's allowed here, i've seen how they use peak human perception when someone blitz MHS characters and up
If there's an in-universe statement of speed of sound, then the speed of sound can be used

If there's an in-universe statement of speed of sound, then the speed of sound can be used
This can probably be used then, BUT, i don't think Baki is supposed to be 3000x faster than Pickle (Which the calc suggests)

The problem here is that he assumes that Baki moved at least 30cm, but seeing the scans it seems like he barely moves a few centimeters at best.

Last edited:
This can probably be used then, BUT, i don't think Baki is supposed to be 3000x faster than Pickle (Which the calc suggests)

The problem here is that he assumes that Baki moved at least 30cm, but seeing the scans it seems like he barely moves a few centimeters at best.
I don't think I agree with that either, yeah. Both the distance moved and the distance the fist was from Baki are iffy imo

I don't think I agree with that either, yeah. Both the distance moved and the distance the fist was from Baki are iffy imo
I just re-did this calc three times, in the first one i assumed the distance between Baki and Pickle was 1 milimiter and Baki moved 1 centimeter.
Mach 10

In the second one, 1 milimiter and 5 centimeters.
Mach 50

I decided to use 1 centimeter and the distance used in this thread (0.0001cm)
Mach 100

Mach 3000 sounds way too exagerated.

For me Hypersonic+ to High Hypersonic sounds more logical.
And i still thinking is weird to assume Baki is 10 times or even 50 times faster than Pickle, but if we assume this is a speed amp and Base Baki is not that fast (Which is logical since previously he wasn't able to react to a kick from Pickle) then it's possible.

Last edited:
There is no error regarding the distance of a hair, this is something that the manga itself gives us as information, in addition, Retsu implies that the distance was being decreased with each blow, and he only mentions that Baki dodges in the distance of a hair a panel after we see your hair being hit. We also have to think that baki's hair getting hit is in no way a problem, it actually just decreases the distance at which he dodges, as he could move his head downwards to avoid a blow to the head, but the Pickle's hand would still touch part of his hair

Guys, you're just trying to jack off at great speed.

Bucky can't be 3000 times faster than Pickle. It cannot be even 100 times faster.

The fact that the strands of Bucky's hair were damaged just shows that even though he began to dodge at the last moment, he simply did not have time to overcome the required distance.

Their speeds are comparable

Bucky can't be 3000 times faster than Pickle. It cannot be even 100 times faster.

The fact that the strands of Bucky's hair were damaged just shows that even though he began to dodge at the last moment, he simply did not have time to overcome the required distance.

That would fall in line with how actually pixel scaling this would go, because both Baki and Pickle move a very short distance in that instance

Pixel scaling it would yield somewhere from Subsonic+ to Transonic results, I don't think it'd pass Transonic based on how similarly small Baki and Pickle's movements are

They are not comparable in speed, it is explicit that Baki is faster during the final part of the fight, it is said that Pickle has never witnessed someone so fast, and it is said that his speed "exceeded the concept of speed"

Baki is getting hit because he lets Pickle get closer and closer with each blow, until he gets to a hair's breadth, but he's not fast enough to cross a distance that allows him to dodge them completely, we can use the pixel scale to know how much exactly it moves

Yeah like to actually comment on this thread finally if you actually read the fight Baki in the end is absolutely faster and with his skill is straight up dogging on Pickle. But Baki in the end “loses” because he’s wants to beat pickle in a contest of strength

Nah, baki is really muuuch faster than pickle, read their fight. Baki created clones of himself in Pickle perception, managed to do 3-hit combos without Pickle noticing, etc.

Nah, baki is really muuuch faster than pickle, read their fight. Baki created clones of himself in Pickle perception, managed to do 3-hit combos without Pickle noticing, etc.
You’d be surprised how much people on vs wiki don’t do this lol

I think this might confirm that he is indeed dodging a hair's breadth

The scene shows that Pickle punch came so close that it missed Baki skin by millimeters.
Okey then, my main problem with this calc is that you used 30cm for no reason at all, it is very arbitrary.
I read the entire manga (3 times), and just reread the figth to be sure, now i pretty much agree that Pickle being 3000x slower than Base Baki from Pickle's arc is extremely questionable, right after Baki urinated on the arena, Pickle got really mad, and Baki was barely able to react to Pickle's attacks.

In fact, he couldn't even dodge them he just blocked them.

This was right before Baki got into a trance and start dodging his attacks, just like you showed.

That's why i'm saying this is likely a Speed Amp, or maybe just some kind of power up like the one against Retsu's in the Maximum Tournament.
(This is relevant for the scaling)

Now, what i think?
I think this was a technique, right after he completely surpass Pickle, proving that techniques are superior to prehistoric strength, he decided to go on a 1v1 no technique (Just like he did with Oliva), but this time not only wasn't that big difference in speed (if any real difference), but Pickle knocked him out with a few blows.

So what I think is that this is a Speed Amp by technique, and if anyone thinks that technique can't give you such a powerful buff, remember that Retsu knocked Pickle down (and made him bleed) using techniques, but using brute force Pickle tanked all his blows.

So i think this scale to characters like Yujiro (End of Son Of Ogre), Musashi and Baki from Dou I and II

Last edited:
I think we are going about this the wrong way.
He doesn't Dodge Pickle's attacks FROM a hair's breadth away.
He dodge's the minimum distance needed in order for him to avoid the attack.
It'd be like me dodging a bullet but the bullet passes my face at a distance of 1mm.
I didn't dodge the bullet from 1mm away I just dodged the minimum distance needed to avoid it.

It's clear that's what Baki is doing in this fight, he is trying to doge at the very last moment in order to conserve as much movement as possible.
It's also clear that pickle isn't the one getting faster

This entire fight is Baki is using Pickle for training for his upcoming fight with his father

Last edited:
Hence, the feat realistically wouldn't come out to anywhere near the level of what the OP is suggesting. Both Pickle and Baki move a very small distance in that same instant.

I think we are going about this the wrong way.
He doesn't Dodge Pickle's attacks FROM a hair's breadth away.
He dodge's the minimum distance needed in order for him to avoid the attack.
It'd be like me dodging a bullet but the bullet passes my face at a distance of 1mm.
I didn't dodge the bullet from 1mm away I just dodged the minimum distance needed to avoid it.

It's clear that's what Baki is doing in this fight, he is trying to doge at the very last moment in order to conserve as much movement as possible.
It's also clear that pickle isn't the one getting faster

This entire fight is Baki is using Pickle for training for his upcoming fight with his father
We all know that, but we still need to figure out the distance between Pickle and Baki to calculate it properly, and "the minimum distance" is pretty vague.

Also yeah Baki is becoming faster but i don't think it is for the same reasons that you think, firstly because becoming 3000x faster while training sounds very questionable, and second, well, i already explained it in my comment.

We all know that, but we still need to figure out the distance between Pickle and Baki to calculate it properly, and "the minimum distance" is pretty vague.

Also yeah Baki is becoming faster but i don't think it is for the same reasons that you think, firstly because becoming 3000x faster while training sounds very questionable, and second, well, i already explained it in my comment.
I am refuting OP's argument not arguing for it. I know he didn't get 3000 times faster in that fight.
Also he doesn't even really become faster he just learns to dodge the minimum distance needed

I am refuting OP's argument not arguing for it. I know he didn't get 3000 times faster in that fight.
Also he doesn't even really become faster he just learns to dodge the minimum distance needed
Okay so he didn't become faster, he went from barely being able to react to Pickle's attacks to seeing Pickle in slow motion, but his speed still the same?

This is a speed amp based on technique, not a power up based on sheer training.

Okay so he didn't become faster, he went from barely being able to react to Pickle's attacks to seeing Pickle in slow motion, but his speed still the same?

This is a speed amp based on technique, not a power up based on sheer training.
His perception increasing doesn't necessarily mean his speed increased.
And even if it did that's not the point I'm trying to make.
He chose to dodge by the minimum amount he needed to, as the fight went on he got better and better at doing that to the point that it infuriated Pickle.
He DID NOT dodge from a hair's breadth away or even 30cm away, he dodged from however far away pickle was from him but only to the degree that the attack barely missed him. Once again for practice for Yujiro.

Baki was far stronger than base pickle the entire fight.
The very first hit that Baki throws straight up knocks Pickle out.
Pickle also didn't land a single hit unless Baki wanted to.
The only reason Baki even Got hurt that fight is because he held onto Pickle when he jumped really high and then again when he jumped really high just to show he was tough for Pickle.
When he was dodging Pickle's attacks he actually SLOWED DOWN in order to dodge at the last moment.

Don't believe me? Go read the fight. Starts at chapter 157

Ehhh tbh I really don’t see the point in this crt lol. I think there are way better shit to calc for the Baki verse
Actually based af, like, i remember Retsu dodging a ******* explosion in the death row inmate saga, that's at least hypersonic and characters like Dorian should scale.

Actually based af, like, i remember Retsu dodging a ******* explosion in the death row inmate saga, that's at least hypersonic and characters like Dorian should scale.
Yeah that shit got like high hypersonic lol I got a friend to calc that shit

Back