• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Basically Baki manages to dodge Pickle's blows at point blank range, being able to dodge over a hair-width distance as told by Kaku Kaioh (Kaku also reinforces the fact that he dodges exactly at point blank range)

Baki dodging several times

The size of a human hair strand is about 0.12 mm, which is 0.0001m

Considering that Pickle is way above other Subsonic characters (which are considered slow to top-tier characters), and that he is way above Katsumi in the Maximus saga who were already capable of executing blows above the speed of sound and being a top-tier of verse, we can easily say that his blows are AT LEAST at the speed of sound. So, let's begin the calcs:

Speed of sound: 343m/s

Distance: 0.0001m

Speed = Distance/Time --> 343m/s = 0.0001m/t
Time = 2.9154519e-7

Baki dodged at least 30 cm

Results:

0,3/2.9154519e-7 = 1029000m/s

Mach 3.000 - Massively Hypersonic+

I'm not the best with calculations and I don't know if we can upgrade beyond that. Feel free to fix.

Last edited:
Oh right, that makes sense.
I also forgot that Katsumi could already exceed the speed of sound before delivering his final punch against Pickle (shown in a different scan from that presented in the op), so that could make sense.

Then I guess we need input from calc members, also to say if Retsu's statement can be used literally and not just to point out a generic very close distance eyeballed through seeing Baki's hair coming off.

Math looks fine at a glance. But if other Baki experts could weigh in to confirm if the hair width thing makes sense, I'm all in for accepting this.

The width of the hair does not work, because on the pages we see how the whole strand of hair was damaged by the blow.

If Baki moved his head before the blow traveled a hair's length, his hair would be intact.

Math looks fine at a glance. But if other Baki experts could weigh in to confirm if the hair width thing makes sense, I'm all in for accepting this.
Shouldn't the best way be to calculate would be starting with size of Baki's head and then find the size of his hair, then calculate the speed?

Shouldn't the best way be to calculate would be starting with size of Baki's head and then find the size of his hair, then calculate the speed?
Apparently NikHelton says using hair width is inaccurate as the hair got cut.

The width of the hair does not work, because on the pages we see how the whole strand of hair was damaged by the blow.

If Baki moved his head before the blow traveled a hair's length, his hair would be intact.
What does his hair have to do with it? lol? he didnt care about getting his hair hit, but his skin. Having the hair hit doesnt do any damage.
And considering that he was dodging at the distance of a hair's width, it's clear to know that his own hair would end up getting hit, since he's very hairy.

What does his hair have to do with it? lol? he didnt care about getting his hair hit, but his skin. Having the hair hit doesnt do any damage.
And considering that he was dodging at the distance of a hair's width, it's clear to know that his own hair would end up getting hit, since he's very hairy.
Using the thickness of the hair implies that Baki traveled 30cm while Pickle's fist traveled 1mm. However, given that a strand of hair was touched, using 1 millimeter would be wrong.

Don't you need to put this in a blog?
I already asked for evaluation in antvasima's thread, and I dont know if this can be accepted once I just guessed the distance that Baki dodged, the correct one would be a pixel calculation, but I don't know how to do it

I am very iffy on the use of hair width. Could you pixel scale the distance from the fist to Baki?

Isn't this calc stacking? i've seen that in this kind of calcs usually peak human levels are used

Isn't this calc stacking? i've seen that in this kind of calcs usually peak human levels are used
Peak human? Are you serious? Weak characters are already able to dodge bullets as it was nothing, in Baki Kid they were already FTE, etc.

I used Katsumi as example cuz he broke the sound barrier in the Maximus Saga, just like baki did. Maximus Saga is an old saga where characters were much weaker and slower than in the Pickle saga, so I believe it is evident that Pickle has at least the speed of sound. Also vsbattle considers him High Hypersonic.

we can easily say that his blows are AT LEAST at the speed of sound. So, let's begin the calcs:
Such a thing is calc stacking. You would need a canon speed for Pickle, which can be used for calcs. Otherwise you cannot use the speeds of other characters in different scenes to get a number.

Back