• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Baki Small Building level Downgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.

ByAsura

He/Him
VS Battles
Administrator
This is based entirely on New Grappler Baki and the Small Building level feats on the profiles. If there's any I've missed, talk about them here, but they should replace the other feats if my points are debunked, not act as justification. Also, the thread's going to be poorly formatted because it's fairly late where I live.

Firstly, in both the manga and anime adaptations, Spec didn't demolish the Statue of Liberty outright, the feat was portrayed as a chain reaction. The statue only crumbles when a cop removes the sheet that Spec left to cover the evidence of his attack. The exact spot of his attack is only deformed metal and some cracks, not the massive fault lines that can be seen later. Also, it's heavily implied that Spec used the Apnea Rush (the manga romanization is too long) in the manga, which is a massive hailstorm of attacks. The actual number of punches he used to demolish the Statue of Liberty is unknown.

Secondly, Kaio Retsu's feat of destroying a wall wasn't done in one punch, it was done in 19 if you count them in slow motion. Also, those kinds of walls aren't made of cement or natural rock. Cement is a binder that's used to adhere to building materials, binding them, and natural rock generally isn't cut that cleanly. This feat is not Small Building level, it's Wall level.

Lastly, these feats are probably outliers. Kaoru was extremely injured by chewing on six high-explosive bullets, although the explosion did occur in his mouth. Later, Doppo is almost killed by a small explosion.

There's two feats that may be Small Building level. Firstly, Doppo, Retsu, Baki, Kaoru, etc, may have withstood a grenade explosio powerful enough to heavily damage a dojo, but they weren't see after the blast, so it's unknown if they withstood it or just escaped the explosion. Also, the aftermath is doesn't match the initial damages seen in the previous chapter. Secondly, Katsumi survived this explosio with second degree burns. However, Hector Doyle tanked it with just a fireproof suit.

To answer all your questions and concerns.

Spec's feat was already adjusted as he needed around 20-25 punches to do it and he only split the statue in half which cause it to crumble. The yield you see is based off of breaking the statue in half with the punches.

You are correct it was done in 19 punches with Retsu. But this feat was also done with the air pressure of his punches alone. A fraction of what his full power would be. Also if you would like a re calc with a material of your choice you can do that as well.

Baki has multiple feats that would put even the god tiers at building level, but we have to look for consistency. And consistency means ignoring cases of PIS. It's like when Goku was harmed by a bullet, it doesn't make him wall level.

The two cases that you mentioned for why they would be outliers are cases of durability being negated and a surprise attack. Itagaki has made it very clear before that it's the muscles of the characters that are strong. The inside of Hanayama's mouth does not apply to this rule. Just like any other area of the body that has no muscle. This is shown again when Spec shoots out Hanayama's knees despite the latter being mostly bullet proof. He can do this because there is no muscle there. It's consistent. As for Doppo, he was caught off guard and the bomb was right on his face. We've seen also in Baki that when caught off guard even the god tiers can suffer injuries from those below them. Baki and Oliva are both guilty of this. Either way, the two feats you provided do not show anything that would debunk the two calced feats.

Lastly, it's confirmed by Tokugawa that one of the cast threw him outside the dojo. Meaning they couldn't escape themselves in time. Dorian caused that explosion with a typical grenade which is high wall level. A good supporting feat since they were all mostly unharmed by it. Thank you for bringing that up. There's nothing to note about Katsumi, the explosion burned him. Fire tends to ignore durability in many shows. Simple as that. It can't be used.

No it's not. It's based on fragmenting the entire statue of liberty in 20 punches. It's also still a chain reaction, regardless of how he destroyed it.

• Iron has a density of 7,874 KG/M^3, while copper has a density of 8,950 KG/M^3. This would mean the volume would be 16.5100330201 and 9.83240223464 meters cubed of copper, or for our purposes, 16510033.0201 and 9832402.23464 centimeters The shear strength of Copper is 150, so, that combined with the J/CC of 20 for Iron makes for... 1805060995.6 Joules, 0.43141993202 Tons, Building level.
That's irrelevant, we don't know how it would change the yield at all and can't assume it would increase it 19-fold. I don't need to, the original calc already has concrete values.

Like what? If there's multiple Building level feats in New Grappler Baki, then show me, don't tell me. This isn't like Dragon Ball where they use Ki to amplify their durability and can be harmed by opponents orders of magnitude weaker than themselves if they don't concentrate. Biscuit Oliva is the only one who's shown in the series and manga to have super hard muscles capable of stopping bullets, and the knees actually have a lot of muscles as does the mouth.

That doesn't mean they didn't escape. He says they threw him out just after the grenade pin was pulled. It only takes 4-5 seconds for a grenade to actually explode after the pin is pulled. I'm not exactly sure it's a regular grenade, here's a real grenade explosio for comparison. My argument about the fire thing is that it's mostly thermal-based.

I said it already, if you want to change the Retsu calc go ahead and calc it yourself. I calced it with stone and concrete versions and it was accepted. Simple as that. As for Spec's yield that calc was divided by his amount of punches required hence the small building rating and not building. If he destroyed the whole thing instantly it would be the building rating you see in the calc.

You misunderstood what I said. I was saying for your point of characters being harmed by wall level feats, and I commented saying that the top tiers of the verse have been harmed by things like small building level and building level despite being well into town level. Also your point saying that Oliva is the only one with hard muscles has just made me see you dont know much about how the series works. Yujiro, Hanayama and Baki are a few examples of characters with muscle durability comparable to or superior to Oliva. The knee is not the same as muscles like your quads or your abdominals my dude. I shouldn't have to tell you that.

Also for your dragon ball comment. Yes, Baki characters can be damaged by people far weaker than them when they aren't concentrating. I'll use Oliva as an example. During the events of NGB he is harmed and gets a nose bleed by a combo from Baki after being caught off guard, yet during SOO, a MUCH stronger Baki is unable to faze a prepared Oliva even with multiple hits. There's your proof.

I'm unfollowing this thread as I've made all the points that needed to be made.

I'm saying the concrete version is far more likely. That's all. Either way, it's Wall level given that the feat took 19 punches. You're completely missing the point, the feat was done via chain reaction. If Spec fragmented the Statue of Liberty in 20 punches, it would be Small Building level, but he didn't, he hit a portion of it so hard that it eventually cracked after a cop removed a sheet that was covering it.

I know people like Yujiro have it, so does Pickle, but Kaoru isn't shown to be one of them, and the people that do are generally vastly superior. Yeah, neither are a lot of muscles around the body, like back, pectorals and arm muscles, yet Oliva still takes shots to the bicepts and a stab to the pecs without much injury. I shouldn't have to be explaining this to you.

Ok, fine, I'll grant you this.

Yeah, i mostly agree with the characters being high-end wall level rather than straight small building level. It overall makes more sense and it's more consistent. If you need any calcs to be made, just ask me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back