• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Bad Page Report Thread

The user asked if it was ok, the page itself is relatively alright it simply needs to have that its infinitely above characters who surpass all manner of dimensions and their concepts and its set for the most part.

This isn't exactly a bad page per se, but maybe this character is better suited off as a JBW character?

I mean, the character has as its purpose being made to be an ultimate OC, without a verse to go along with/hail from, and is literally named with "Versus Man". Some of its status are kinda jokey too (like the one with the Emprah) I'm getting mixed vibes now that Colonel said it.

Yeah, he needs to be copy and pasted elsewhere. Although, if he was truly "Versus Man", he should be High 1-A...smh... Either way, I'll give it some time to be copied and pasted.

FateAlbane said:
I mean, the character has as its purpose being made to be an ultimate OC, without a verse to go along with/hail from, and is literally named with "Versus Man". Some of its status are kinda jokey too (like the one with the Emprah) I'm getting mixed vibes now that Colonel said it.
Exactly why I thought it feels iffy. Some of the descriptions aren't even trying to be taken seriously, for example, if you take a look at its weaknesses it says:

"Will instantly die if anyone thinks of pineapple pizza in their vicinity, erasing themselves from All forms of existence, to the point that nothing short of Omnipotence can bring them back. | They will lose all their powers and will start coughing to death if there's tabbaco in their vicinity, unless they leave its proximity."

Here's the difference between Donald and a Joke character:

His stats are 100% serious, although they are posted in a jokish manner. He is meant for serious combat, to fight people with serious powers. After all, it's similar to a toonforce user or a 4th wall breaker. While they are jokish in manner, they still have serious fights, and fight in battles of Hax rather than memes.

I know it's walking a fine line. But still, please don't.

Try removing the most ridiculous stuff, like him and the Emperor having Mac and Cheese. That isn't even needed, it could just say "Matched The God Emperor of Mankind in a battle", maybe that could make him look less like a Joke character.

Toonforce/4th wall breakers usually still follow some verse logics of their own and or have some purpose within their respective settings other than simply "having matches" and "being an ultimate OC".

Colonel's point also stands nonetheless, and your argument backs it up: The status and reasonings for it are jokish.

I'm not convinced myself, even moreso when the origin of the character is a thread very much like the one where we got our Lady and Goddess Breinhard and she was moved to JBW as well nonetheless.

Paulo.junior.969 said:
Try removing the most ridiculous stuff, like him and the Emperor having Mac and Cheese. That isn't even needed, it could just say "Matched The God Emperor of Mankind in a battle", maybe that could make him look less like a Joke character.

Yeah, that should stay on the original.

Ultimate is merely a term used to exemplify this was suposed to be the end all be all of all user input in the wiki.

In fact, the very reason that the main purpose you have for the character is for him to be having matches, overpowered haxes, jokish stats and being some sort of ultimate OC tips even more the balance for JBW as far as I'm aware of the system...

I mean, the best part about it being on JBW is that then you're free to do the page exactly as you wish to do so (original description, caps, all the jokes, fun, games and everything). I don't see what's bad about it.

I would say main purpose is a very broad term. It's main purpose in the way your describing it would be simply the satisfaction of user input. We dislike the idea of movement simply because it demeans it in a sense. Most of what makes it Jokish is easily removed with the core still there. It's not quite like making someone above omnipotent.

Next thing you know we will have made 20 different OCs, which will all go to JBW, and "VSBW Ultimate OC Thread" will end up becoming an actual verse page in there.

I don't think it demeans anything. Breinhard was moved to JBW and is one of the most well known and loved memes on the wikia to this day as far as I'm aware.

My main point is that even the general idea for the character would be better explored and have more freedom on what he seems to be made to be at JBW: Fun and games.

I'm pretty sure people in that thread didn't make Donald having in mind a serious OC, just from the looks of its stats, story and profile as a whole.

I think the problem we have is that memetic status isn't inherently good. Yes, we intended to make it funny, but no, it isn't a joke. The idea that it's too ovepowered here doesnt fit either when there are characters in Vs Battles Wiki it can't beat.

Quick, someone write a 20,000 words long fanfic for Donald and post it somewhere so he would become an actual OC.

Alright, seriously tho, JBW allows serious characters that just aren't allowed anywhere else, that's even written in their main page, if you want him to be in serious Vs threads, maybe we could try make it on JBW and asking everyone to take it seriously. It might work.

This thread has some 1-A characters of questionable quality.

Some of the justifications for tier 1 tiers here are just rewritten versions of the requirements for them.

Is this even a proper tier 0 page? Zenia Vermillio

I'll contact their creator later.

I found one of his female characters. That page is even worse. Looks like all of his characters are of bad quality.

Well honestly speaking, the creators other pages are just as equally not of good quality overall if you look for others like that of theirs...

Back