• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Back Channel

It was stated Acacia NEO was able to create a back channel where 1 second outside is 1 month inside. Would this effect his speed a bring it up to MFTL or MFTL+?

Plus back channels can be used in layers demonstrated by starju

@OP if you want an upgrade: use Acacia reacting while inside Sky Deer's back channel (which... was... thousands of years per second?) he was capable of moving through it and react to the attacks of other monsters.

@PaChi2 Can you find a scan of this? We still preferably need calculations however.

http://www.***********.net/toriko/377/12

Acacia CAN calculate at what speed time is sped up, which means he can perceive it.

http://www.***********.net/toriko/377/13

http://www.***********.net/toriko/377/14

Acacia fighting enemies there (which means that he CAN move in a sped up environment, he is not rendered in a statue-like state). This should be calculated, I guess.

1 second --> 1000 years.

Edit: http://www.***********.net/toriko/377/11

Almost forgot, this is the scan calling that a back channel, just to clarify its not special hax.

RadicalMrR said:
I dont think so since its basically a mini version of the Hyperbolic Time Chamber.

Actually increase speed via entering back channel is normal thing to do since ANOTHER use back channel in order to increase his speed to FTL so he can escape the whale king moon black hole, or when the deer king use his back channel to help Derous charge his laser to full power in an instant(although it still too slow for acacia)

Well, I would appreciate if you message some calculation group members to make a speed estimation for the 1000 years in a second feat, but it certainly sounds like it qualifies for MFTL+.

No, it's not a speed upgrade. It's like saying someone with a time stop has infinite speed.

To be fair this is more akin of the perception of time itself being slow when using the back channel and as a result it will not count as a speed upgrade since we are using a hax that people can use after all. I do suspect it might be simply slowing down time when using a back channel will be more akin on how perception of time being manipulated in this case and that one instance when time was stopped as well.

No, its not the same case:

a)Acacia wasnt using the back channel himself yet, and this is time acceleration, not time stop/decreasing (in which case is debatable if there is resistance to it or not), in this case, acacia didnt show any resistance at all (his size decreased almost instantly and didnt know what was happening), which means that he could move on his own without any special ability. Later on he uses back channels to survive.

b)Back channels are produced by gourmet cells' acceleration that warps space-time. Acacia needed to accelerate his own cells in order to keep up with the back channel's speed.

Actually back channel can be use slow and speed up time, and sky deer can use the speed up time to kill his opponent by making 1 second equal to thousands of year and makes his enemy died by age, btw did ren fuji(which also can slow down and speed up time for himself and others) has his speed base on his ability?

I not so sure on that as it has been awhile since I read the entire Toriko manga so I not in support for this. Also we are using assumpations here as well as I not so sure on how it will work in this case.

Not Jim Sterling said:
Actually back channel can be use slow and speed up time, and sky deer can use the speed up time to kill his opponent by making 1 second equal to thousands of year and makes his enemy died by age, btw did ren fuji(which also can slow down and speed up time for himself and others) has his speed base on his ability?
No, only in his Atziluth which is beyond space and time anyways.

The deer can increase its speed of time to millions of years. 1000 years is to begin. I say this because when Neo was about to die Sky deer accelerated the speed of his backchannel. Also when Neo evolves he says that thanks to sky deer increase the process of evolution that lasts millions of years he was able to adapt.

Btw it's acacia still use his back channel to fight with deer king fodders? and he survive the initial nonsense due to neo durability? I mean he even wondering how long neo can survive in that space.

To showcase this better:

Remember mayuri vs Espada...8? The one who got drugged into having a speed up perception of the world but unable to make his body move? Well, this case is the contrary, accelerating the body (until dead by starvation/old age) and the mind not being able to keep up, which happened to NEO's fragment who died without knowing what was happening (which, Acacia, can).

Actually it kinda sounds like acacia durability save him just a little 0,1 sec(which in toriko you can have the entire dialogue and do millions of attack) for him to react and use his back channel to keep up

what im referring to is the last scan I posted, the one in which its explained its a back channel, prior to Acacia using back channel in order to survive, the point is he could react to having time sped up before dying (he could even calculate the acceleration the back channel had).

Almost every character in toriko can access a back channel as long if they have eaten news which is which is crazy

Tivanenk said:
No, it's not a speed upgrade. It's like saying someone with a time stop has infinite speed.
But at the same time characters like Starjun and Neo have been able to augment their movements with layered back channels to become faster

ManlySpirit said:
Tivanenk said:
But at the same time characters like Starjun and Neo have been able to augment their movements with layered back channels to become faster
It's hax, not speed.

@Tiv Using hax in order to speed up yourself/others should be calculated if possible (because it gives as information about the characters' powers).

In this case we see acacia reacting while time was passing at 1 seg = 1000 years. It wasnt a case of resistance to hax (moving, that is, his reaction wasnt altered by any hax). If Acacia couldnt react to this velocity, he wouldnt be able to tell if 100 or 1000 years had passed.

We still need a calculation...

PaChi2 said:
@Tiv Using hax in order to speed up yourself/others should be calculated if possible (because it gives as information about the characters' powers).
In this case we see acacia reacting while time was passing at 1 seg = 1000 years. It wasnt a case of resistance to hax (moving, that is, his reaction wasnt altered by any hax). If Acacia couldnt react to this velocity, he wouldnt be able to tell if 100 or 1000 years had passed.

We still need a calculation...
No, it's just hax to make time flow slower to him. His reaction speed or overall speed doesn't get boosted.

Its more than that: Sky deer uses it to make time accelerate incredibly, Acacia after evolving almost timestoped the Eight Kings. The application you are referring to is the one Acacia uses to survive in Sky deers back channel.

No, literally all the back channel does is stretch out the users time in relation to the others. It doesn't boost reactions or speed.

Well, tho, there is the fact that Starjun could blitz joa thanks to te use of back channels.note that this is blitzing, so the back channels had to give him a speed boost even if his reactions were amped thanks to the clairvoyance, because precognition alone doesnt make you blitz if you dont have the speed and star needed the clairvoyance to keep up (which means he didnt have the reactions or the speed on his own). Anyway, I drop the subject.

Back