• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Azur Lane Revision

Status
Not open for further replies.
But... the context is Soyuz explaining how the Suliko works and how it can recollect and analyze data... ._.XD.
Anyway. I don't want to keep discussing about that example, because it seems that we already established how it was like a mistranslation.

If Hecatia's proposal are agreed then immunity would be replaced with Unconventional Resistance to Soul Manipulation instead.
No, if staff agree with what Hecatia propose mean nothing, no resistance at all due to we accepted the Shipgirl have soul while at the same time can't prove that the soul are quantum data or something like that, no resistance, nothing will be granted

No, if staff agree with what Hecatia propose mean nothing, no resistance at all due to we accepted the Shipgirl have soul while at the same time can't prove that the soul are quantum data or something like that, no resistance, nothing will be granted
Soul in Azur Lane are heavily implied to not be in spiritual sense but something else entirely. We shall wait for Hecatia bringing the evidence up first.

Well I found it.

In Ink-Stained Steel Sakura it's said the following:
NagatoMutsu, it's over! Battleships have no place in this world anymore! ... It's unfortunate, but think of it this way: now that I'm no longer the flagship, I can focus my energy on trying to solve the problem we're facing.
NagatoEvery day since the war's outbreak, the Spirits... or, what the Sirens called "quantum data," of our fallen people have been trying to tell me something... I know this is all my fault, but...
MutsuNo, it's not your fault! Those people have been trying to use your powers for their own gain this whole time!
NagatoI know they have! But it matters not... There is only one thing I can do to atone for my wrongdoings.
NagatoMutsu, I want you to seal me inside the Sacred Sakura. That way, I will be able to see the Spirits, and I may be able to learn something.
NagatoIt is for the sake of the Sakura Empire.
MutsuNagato...

So yeah, seems like Shipgirls' soul are basically quantum data. Should be noted that since the Sacred Sakura is basically a place were spirits reunite and such this makes even more sense to be this way.

Also we have this, that maybe could help to contextualize more:

Mikasa
For being your first real battle, that was spectacular. How does it feel to be victorious?

Nagato
Gasp... I didn't think a battle would be this tiring, but... to fight and be victorious, as an actual combatant, feels terrific.

Zuikaku
So, will you team up with us and help fight the baddies?

Nagato
Yes. By the way, Mikasa, there is something the Siren said that I'm worried about...

Nagato
She mentioned "soul transmigration." There is a legend that says the Sacred Sakura is a catalyst for God to hear our prayers...

Nagato
But it's also said that it offers peace and salvation to the souls of the deceased.

Nagato
If the Spirits I saw in my slumber are the "souls" the Siren spoke of, then they aren't gathering here, but in a far-off, distant place.

Nagato
Whether the Sirens are behind this, or a being beyond my comprehension, I can't say. But I do know that somewhere in this world, there is a force trying to cause great change.

Well I found it.

NagatoMutsu, it's over! Battleships have no place in this world anymore! ... It's unfortunate, but think of it this way: now that I'm no longer the flagship, I can focus my energy on trying to solve the problem we're facing.
NagatoEvery day since the war's outbreak, the Spirits... or, what the Sirens called "quantum data," of our fallen people have been trying to tell me something... I know this is all my fault, but...
MutsuNo, it's not your fault! Those people have been trying to use your powers for their own gain this whole time!
NagatoI know they have! But it matters not... There is only one thing I can do to atone for my wrongdoings.
NagatoMutsu, I want you to seal me inside the Sacred Sakura. That way, I will be able to see the Spirits, and I may be able to learn something.
MutsuNagato...

So yeah, seems like Shipgirls' soul are basically quantum data. Should be noted that since the Sacred Sakura is basically a place were spirits reunite and such this makes even more sense to be this way.

Mikasa
For being your first real battle, that was spectacular. How does it feel to be victorious?

Nagato
Gasp... I didn't think a battle would be this tiring, but... to fight and be victorious, as an actual combatant, feels terrific.

Zuikaku

Nagato
Yes. By the way, Mikasa, there is something the Siren said that I'm worried about...

Nagato
She mentioned "soul transmigration." There is a legend that says the Sacred Sakura is a catalyst for God to hear our prayers...

Nagato
But it's also said that it offers peace and salvation to the souls of the deceased.

Nagato
If the Spirits I saw in my slumber are the "souls" the Siren spoke of, then they aren't gathering here, but in a far-off, distant place.

Nagato
Whether the Sirens are behind this, or a being beyond my comprehension, I can't say. But I do know that somewhere in this world, there is a force trying to cause great change.
So i've checked the CN and JP text, the former talked about how Nagato seeing lost spirits coming back haunting her while the latter are actually the same as EN text.

@Vietthai96 What do you think about this?

What do you think about this?
I also know this after the dreadful revelation on AL reddit about how different JP script compare to CN is, due to Yostar love changing script for some reason (possibly they want to do this to attract JP customers but idk), and EN is just translating from JP (except New Jersey's personality, i already said that to you).

At first i think about we separating into two continuities due to the huge different between JP/EN and CN, the climax of this shit happen in Tower of Transcendence, the intro in EN said about an attack of IB on Scapa Flow, however in original CN script it said that IB didn't perform any attack, they only made some diversion so they could sneak through RN line which make more sense due to they already "sign" temporary ceasefire so us Commander can run Operation Siren, attacking mean they blast that temporary ceasefire. So i intend to separate CN and EN/JP, which we will using EN/JP scripr due it easier than using CN script which sometime we don't have access to.

However, i checked many, not all CN script was changed. Some events was entirely accurate to CN script. And especially the Operation Siren files, they are very accurate and faithful to the CN scripts. So i think we can using both scripts, we still using EN scripts if it accurate and faithful to CN scripts and when EN/JP script conflict with CN scripts we will using CN one due to it being the original scripts. This is also the reason i made this thread, because i checked that Operation Siren files has accurate translation and faithful to the original CN scripts

I also know this after the dreadful revelation on AL reddit about how different JP script compare to CN is, due to Yostar love changing script for some reason (possibly they want to do this to attract JP customers but idk), and EN is just translating from JP (except New Jersey's personality, i already said that to you).

At first i think about we separating into two continuities due to the huge different between JP/EN and CN, the climax of this shit happen in Tower of Transcendence, the intro in EN said about an attack of IB on Scapa Flow, however in original CN script it said that IB didn't perform any attack, they only made some diversion so they could sneak through RN line which make more sense due to they already "sign" temporary ceasefire so us Commander can run Operation Siren, attacking mean they blast that temporary ceasefire. So i intend to separate CN and EN/JP, which we will using EN/JP scripr due it easier than using CN script which sometime we don't have access to.

However, i checked many, not all CN script was changed. Some events was entirely accurate to CN script. And especially the Operation Siren files, they are very accurate and faithful to the CN scripts. So i think we can using both scripts, we still using EN scripts if it accurate and faithful to CN scripts and when EN/JP script conflict with CN scripts we will using CN one due to it being the original scripts. This is also the reason i made this thread, because i checked that Operation Siren files has accurate translation and faithful to the original CN scripts
I strongly agree with this.

Also, Ink-Stained Steel Sakura dialogue above is partically the same of Nagato being haunted by the lost spirits, CN text just doesn't mention quantum stuff. What should we do in this case?

I strongly agree with this.

Also, Ink-Stained Steel Sakura dialogue above is partically the same of Nagato being haunted by the lost spirits, CN text just doesn't mention quantum stuff. What should we do in this case?
hmmm, due to another JP doing. We stick to CN. And with this thread we continue to use Operation Siren File for reasons bellow:
1. It is accurate translation and faithful material to CN and Ink-Stained Steel Sakura dialogue is another JP localization
2. Operation Siren's lore is sure newer compare to Ink-Stained Steel Sakura, thus it well contain newer informations and could well retcon Ink-Stained Steel Sakura's lore

So now i think i we slightly change something: it will be Possibly Immunity to Soul Manipulation. The soul stuff still vague and hanged in the air due to the story, and Operation Siren file is not even complete

hmmm, due to another JP doing. We stick to CN. And with this thread we continue to use Operation Siren File for reasons bellow:
1. It is accurate translation and faithful material to CN and Ink-Stained Steel Sakura dialogue is another JP localization
2. Operation Siren's lore is sure newer compare to Ink-Stained Steel Sakura, thus it well contain newer informations and could well retcon Ink-Stained Steel Sakura's lore

So now i think i we slightly change something: it will be Possibly Immunity to Soul Manipulation. The soul stuff still vague and hanged in the air due to the story, and Operation Siren file is not even complete
Alright then it's Possibly Immunity to Soul Manipulation, until we can get new information then this will be our best choice.

Nah, i think they will try to make it clear later. Recent events actually give us alot of information regarding time fuckery stuff and they were pretty straightforward unless i'm missing something.

Well I found it.

MutsuNagato...

Mikasa

Nagato

Zuikaku

Nagato

Nagato

Nagato

Nagato

Nagato
@LordGriffin1000 @Confluctor

What do you think of this.

Btw, maybe this is off-topic, but the META shipgirls couldn't have likely Soul Manipulation and Quantum/Data Manipulation (if we accept the premise)? I said so because in the last dialogue is heavily implied that the Mirror Seas are affecting the Soul Transmigration and collecting the spirits into a far distant place (a Mirror Sea)

Btw, maybe this is off-topic, but the META shipgirls couldn't have likely Soul Manipulation and Quantum/Data Manipulation (if we accept the premise)? I said so because in the last dialogue is heavily implied that the Mirror Seas are affecting the Soul Transmigration and collecting the spirits into a far distant place (a Mirror Sea)
Wait, where did it stated so?

WeLL in the very quotation that I cited before of Ink-Stained Steel Sakura. As I said, it's heavily implied that the spirits are being collected at the Mirror Seas.

The best we could get them is Possible Soul/Quantum Data Manipulation since the soul thingy is still ambiguous to us now.

In fact, the CN version is even more direct
NagatoBanner.png

Nagato
Mikasa-senpai, there is something in the password that the siren mentioned just now that I am very concerned about.
NagatoBanner.png

Nagato
In addition to being a medium for collecting beliefs and praying to the gods, it is also the home of our souls.
NagatoBanner.png

Nagato
All dead souls should return to Yushenmu to find the redemption and reincarnation of their souls
NagatoBanner.png

Nagato
However, during my slumber, I saw many souls who perished on the front lines, and they did not return here, but were drawn to a distant sea to gather...
NagatoBanner.png

Nagato
I have an ominous premonition that a siren or something is brewing a force that is terrifying and could upend the balance of the world...

In fact, the CN version is even more direct
NagatoBanner.png

Nagato
Mikasa-senpai, there is something in the password that the siren mentioned just now that I am very concerned about.
NagatoBanner.png

Nagato
In addition to being a medium for collecting beliefs and praying to the gods, it is also the home of our souls.
NagatoBanner.png

Nagato
All dead souls should return to Yushenmu to find the redemption and reincarnation of their souls
NagatoBanner.png

Nagato
However, during my slumber, I saw many souls who perished on the front lines, and they did not return here, but were drawn to a distant sea to gather...
NagatoBanner.png

Nagato
I have an ominous premonition that a siren or something is brewing a force that is terrifying and could upend the balance of the world...
How did you even conclude that she talk about mirror sea????

but were drawn to a distant sea to gather...
Like, if it's talking about Sirens and then it says that the spirits are being dragged to a distant sea the connections seems pretty obvious.
But for the sake of low-balling I say it will be just a likely rating instead of a direct ability.

Like, if it's talking about Sirens and then it says that the spirits are being dragged to a distant sea the connections seems pretty obvious.
But for the sake of low-balling I say it will be just a likely rating instead of a direct ability.
This is not how it work, you can't assume thing without solid evidence, no one going to accept it. I don't want myself to be painted as a wanker even though sone already thought me as such

Why? The "possibly" and "likely" ratings are for decoration then?
Well I don't think that really matters, and honestly me and perhaps some others saw you like the opposite of a wanker 🗿.

Why? The "possibly" and "likely" ratings are for decoration then?
Well I don't think that really matters, and honestly me and perhaps some others saw you like the opposite of a wanker 🗿.
No, the dialogue just said about the distant sea, so you can't even assume it is Mirror Sea and slap a Possibly rating
Well some people already thought i'm wanking Dragon Ball to the moon

I'm not assuming anything because of yolo. I already explained why that's a quite solid possibility being supported by the context of the dialogue itself. Like, I know it's still unknown, but the possibility is really high. Again, what other distant sea you know that has these properties that isn't a Mirror Sea? 🤔
DB is DB, and AL is AL. Both are different series so the comparation isn't totally right 🤌.

Honestly, Possibly Immunity to Soul Manipulation is the most reasonable choice we can get from these statement so i don't think we should assume thing further.

Two staff have agreed with this so no further derailment, just add it already.

Well, shit, pretty hard to find these files, lol, i think i will stop finding them for now

I just realized that you can read OS archives here.

Anyway, this can be closed now.
Larger weapons similarly proved ineffective against Code G. With a profile smaller than even an unmanned patrol boat, it is practically impossible to land a hit on her using naval cannons. When torpedoes were fired at Code G, she leapt over them, and when an attempt was made to hit her using a guided missile, she made a sharp turn and dodged it.
Well there it is, lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back