• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Azur Lane Revision

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vietthai96

He/Him
Oh man, i have been neglecting the verse for a really long time despite being the strongest supporter of the verse. Time to increases the verse quality before dive back to the deep of the ocean again
I. Fix some power & abilities

1. Siren (which still not have any profile yet) & META Shipgirl like Hiryuu META, Souryuu META, have their Conceptual Manipulation approved in this thread, well it is stay, but the type of concept should be clear, which is type 3 - local concept due to Mirror Sea is just pocket dimension
2. Change Shipgirl's Stamina to the new Stamina standard and format, which they should have Peak Human, possibly Superhuman due to be able to fight for a very long period of time, and constantly endure warship level of attack, META shipgirl should have Superhuman due to those two scans, in scan a fellow META ship Gneisenau capable of fighting continuously even her world was destroyed, the word "forever" is too figurative to be taken seriously, but at least it did illustrated the vast amount of time those shipgirl fought. Normal Shipgirl also lightly downscale from META ship stamina, they all the same being, META ship is just more steel minded

II. Rating fix
1. It is time to get rid of Speed: Athletic Human on land, Superhuman on water. The reason for this rating was because Shipgirl lack land fight feat and they all fight on water (well obviously they are ship and then girl). But now

we can clearly see that they capable of moving with the speed even out of the water, like Zuikaku running on the surface of a warship, or Shimakaze dodging shells midair. So it is time to remove the Athletic Human on land speed, replace it with the whole Superhuman. Not only that but also they was being created from Wisdom Cube energy, using rigging amp them to Superhuman Physical Characteristics, it is very weird that they can't perform Superhuman speed on land as well

2. More evidences for current Shipgirl AP and Durability rating via this scan, as it said shipgirl's power greatly exceed that of normal warship, at least WWII era to Cold War Era

III. Major Ability
Immunity
to Soul Manipulation

Three of these scans suggest that Shipgirl, by all mean is similar to Artificial Intelligence, Android, Robot rather than actual human being, despite they are still organism, they was created from Wisdom Cube, which is an energy cube, rearrange itself into the form of Shipgirl. Thus Shipgirl by default should not have soul due to not actually born like normal human, a warship in form of a girl.

Oke that all, thank you all for participating my revision thread ^^

The OP suggestion seems fine at least for me.

1. It is time to get rid of Speed: Athletic Human on land, Superhuman on water. The reason for this rating was because Shipgirl lack land fight feat and they all fight on water (well obviously they are ship and then girl). But now
you might wanna get this calced first. could be higher than superhuman.
2. More evidences for current Shipgirl AP and Durability rating via this scan, as it said shipgirl's power greatly exceed that of normal warship, at least WWII era to Cold War Era
what are you suggesting here? Amp their dura? Or...?

Three of these scans suggest that Shipgirl, by all mean is similar to Artificial Intelligence, Android, Robot rather than actual human being, despite they are still organism, they was created from Wisdom Cube, which is an energy cube, rearrange itself into the form of Shipgirl. Thus Shipgirl by default should not have soul due to not actually born like normal human, a warship in form of a girl.
Wouldn't this simply be inorganic physiology?

Also can I get better quality scans? It's really really hard to read as it is now. might be just my eyes.

1. Siren (which still not have any profile yet) & META Shipgirl like Hiryuu META, Souryuu META, have their Conceptual Manipulation approved in this thread, well it is stay, but the type of concept should be clear, which is type 3 - local concept due to Mirror Sea is just pocket dimension
Would you mind simplifying the reasons for type 3 please?

you might wanna get this calced first. could be higher than superhuman.

Wouldn't this simply be inorganic physiology?

Also can I get better quality scans? It's really really hard to read as it is now. might be just my eyes.

Would you mind simplifying the reasons for type 3 please?
1. Well, calc can be later, the purpose of the thread is to remove the Althetic Human onland speed rating.
2. No, the scan say that they have organism body like a normal human, the Immunity to Soul Hax is because they born from a energy cube and the scientist say they are like AI, Android, thus they should not have soul by default. Those are the best scan though
3. Because they can only manipulating the "concept" of Mirror Sea, which is pocket dimension employed on a region of ocean, thus type 3

No, the scan say that they have organism body like a normal human, the Immunity to Soul Hax is because they born from a energy cube and the scientist say they are like AI, Android, thus they should not have soul by default. Those are the best scan though
Actually re-reading the scan, Dr.Anzeel's word poses some doubt if the shipgirl were actual organic life. The process of shipgirl being created from assembling matter from various material which heavily implied that their body is possibly inorganic in nature. So likely inorganic physiology (type 2)?
The scan is supplement evidence to shipgirl general power. In-game, shipgirl can easily annihilated warship and likes with ease.

I know but what are you guys suggesting with it? Upgrade their current AP/durability? Add more scans to the justification?

Actually re-reading the scan, Dr.Anzeel's word poses some doubt if the shipgirl were actual organic life. The process of shipgirl being created from assembling matter from various material which heavily implied that their body is possibly inorganic in nature. So likely inorganic physiology (type 2)?
Nah, Anzeel word is guessing though, so i play it safe, until further confirmation that Shipgirl are indeed inorganic

I have to disagree with the soul immunity as Shipgirls has indeed a soul. Stated in the new event:

First here:
Best of luck to you all.
Wait! Before I start tinkering with the sub... Does she have a name?
Ah, she does. Apologies, I forgot to tell you.
Her name is Suliko.
It reflects her purpose – to record data, analyze technology, and discover the source of our "souls" as shipgirls.
A nice name, wouldn't you agree?
And here:
Ugghh... Why do I have the mother of all hangovers when I've not had a drop to drink...
Getting drunk is the fun part, and I've skipped straight to the horrible day after part...
What the hell happened? Last thing I remember, I was in the Suliko... Where am I now, and how did I get here?
I can smell the sea and feel sunlight on my skin. What is this, a tropical island?
I can move my body freely, but there's no weight to it. Did my soul get teleported to this place...?

So no they actually has souls. The issue however is that it's clearly not the same type of soul as the one of a human.

In fact, the souls in AL are basically quantum data (Well shit I can't find the statement... but it exists, trust me)

So I would instead propose not immunity, but resistance to Soul Manipulation.

I have to disagree with the soul immunity as Shipgirls has indeed a soul. Stated in the new event:

First here:

And here:

So no they actually has souls. The issue however is that it's clearly not the same type of soul as the one of a human.

In fact, the souls in AL are basically quantum data (Well shit I can't find the statement... but it exists, trust me)

So I would instead propose not immunity, but resistance to Soul Manipulation.
Your argument literally claim that shipgirl souls are unlike traditional one. If their "soul" are quantum data then it's not soul in spiritual sense but computer data.

Likewise, the CN and JP text doesn't mention anything about "soul" in their sentence so EN text are kinda ****** up.

Huh, they doesn't even know anything, that why they want to find out their true nature. The scan taken from OpSi which record from two scientist who actually created these shipgirls. They literally said the Cube itself rearrange the materials and shape into the shipgirl, which they also said:" like AI"

Huh, sources: trust me bro??, we don't do this here
And even then if we ignore the fact that there is no scan, and take your word literally, quantum data still data, not soul

Huh, they doesn't even know anything, that why they want to find out their true nature. The scan taken from OpSi which record from two scientist who actually created these shipgirls. They literally said the Cube itself rearrange the materials and shape into the shipgirl, which they also said:" like AI"
@Vietthai96 Not to be rude but i feel like you are dismissing shipgirls word just because "they don't know anything about themselves" which i'm disagree with.

While it's true that shipgirl true nature is unknown to most of them, they has managed to make a big progress in cracking the iceberg. I'd refuse to take anything they said to face value if it too vague or contradictory, but i do think we should consider their statement if it were made in sedate situation.

@Vietthai96 Not to be rude but i feel like you are dismissing shipgirls word just because "they don't know anything about themselves" which i'm disagree with.

While it's true that shipgirl true nature is unknown to most of them, they has managed to make a big progress in cracking the iceberg. I'd refuse to take anything they said to face value if it too vague or contradictory, but i do think we should consider their statement if it were made in sedate situation.
if they know they don't even need to risk their life to find out. The "soul" they always talk about is a metaphor. In the event you already saw that. META is degradation progress which turn shipgirl back to their origin, a weapon of destruction which have no emotion. And in Visitor Dyed in Red, with the Sanctuary experiment, the shipgirl is just emotionless machine, until further development, their cognitive function kick in which allow them to have emotion like the original. So no, they doesn't have a soul (at least in EN script), unless future reveal more things to us

Your argument literally claim that shipgirl souls are unlike traditional one. If their "soul" are quantum data then it's not soul in spiritual sense but computer data.
Well that was my main point. I didn't opposed totally to the proposal, but I think it's safer to just leave it as resistance instead of immunity, because they still have something that can be called a soul (and I think that the immunity should be for those who are explicitly stated to lack of anything regarding a soul), but it's not the same as the one we have.

Likewise, the CN and JP text doesn't mention anything about "soul" in their sentence so EN text are kinda ****** up.
Well that could be a problem, but I wouldn't say it's totally an issue.
Because, regardless how accurate can be the translation, it's not the only instance in which a soul is mentioned.

While I was searching for that quantic stuff, I found other statements that talks about the existence of a soul.

For example in Visitors Dyed in Red (and this is the chinese version):

Zuikaku
What tricks are you playing in the AF battle! ?

Akagi
As you can see, here is the "sanctuary" given to us by the gods, where we can obtain endless power

Akagi
As long as you continue to dedicate more high-quality souls...

Zuikaku
She believes in the power gained by betraying her compatriots in this crooked way, and she cannot defeat her or that ghost.

Akagi
To shut up! ! ! Don't mention that guy in front of me! !

Zuikaku
There is no way to find the future by just escaping like this! Trust me, it's too late to look back now...

Akagi
You always talk about that guy ghost, ghost! ! How could I possibly be given to that kind of guy... ah ah ah ah!

Kaga
! ! ! It is useless to say more, whether it is strong or weak, let us identify it!

That basically talks about the whole clash between the Sakura Empire at the moment, so it would clearly be about the Shipgirls fighting right now.

But something more direct is this:

Akagi
Ahhh... Lord God, have you seen it... The brilliance sparked by the collision of souls... Is this the "awakening" you were expecting?

Akagi
Beautiful and fragile...I can't help but want to crush it...hehe...hehehe...

Kaga
Sigh... I'm still stuck in this state... Anyway, this time the performance is almost over.

Akagi
Is that so... I'm sorry~ If that's the case, then get ready... Hee hee... Go to... the new "sanctuary"—

Zuikaku
Ugh...don't, don't even think about leaving...I still have something to say—

Something else to consider is the japanese version of Tower of Transcendence, in which at the very end this it's stated:

observer
I will ask you a question

observer
What happens if the "branch", the world that was the subject of the experiment of the natural arithmetic unit, is destroyed?

compiler
I have never seen related materials. The "branch" material is an observer, isn't it transmitted to the main engine on your network?

observer
Yes, all the data is transmitted to "zero". What I want to ask is what happens to "I"-

observer
In other words, siren observations, experiments, constructions, battles, etc. on the discarded "branches" ... any terminal.

observer
Will the soul return to the eternal sea, or will it be something else, like the Teseus ship? Is it "I"? Or is it a "prime field"?

compiler
Only you, the observer, are connected to the main engine. What you don't know, the compiler can't know

compiler
Besides, it's a hassle to look up

I think that should be all for now. I will try searching for the other stuff regarding this.

You know, I always look funny how you dismiss most of the statements just because certain character "doesn't know" anything. The problem here, my friend, is that your claims are based solely in emptiness. And in this case, is way more ridiculous to assume that if we are talking about one of the leaders of the Northern Parliament, which, in fact, created complexes systems of data analysis, and managed to control Siren Technology to empower her faction. Saying that someone like she doesn't know anything it's, well, a pretty lame excuse. As I said (maybe, I don't remember honestly ._.XD) time ago, that they don't know more about the subject they are researching doesn't invalidate what they already know and what they state.
And I don't want to put a metaargument in a discussion, but, don't you think that, if the developers are continuing adding things about souls and stuff like that, it's because of something?

Huh, sources: trust me bro??, we don't do this here
And even then if we ignore the fact that there is no scan, and take your word literally, quantum data still data, not soul
Well I think I have to be even more evident with my jokes and ironic comments 🗿.
I mean, I never went against that. My issue however is that, the quantum data it's treated as a soul, something that shipgirls has and it's repeatedly stated throughout the game. And well, from what I know, here you don't give immunity to soul manip to a character whose soul is different from the normal one. That's why I think that a resistance could work better here.

You know, I always look funny how you dismiss most of the statements just because certain character "doesn't know" anything. The problem here, my friend, is that your claims are based solely in emptiness. And in this case, is way more ridiculous to assume that if we are talking about one of the leaders of the Northern Parliament, which, in fact, created complexes systems of data analysis, and managed to control Siren Technology to empower her faction. Saying that someone like she doesn't know anything it's, well, a pretty lame excuse. As I said (maybe, I don't remember honestly ._.XD) time ago, that they don't know more about the subject they are researching doesn't invalidate what they already know and what they state.
And I don't want to put a metaargument in a discussion, but, don't you think that, if the developers are continuing adding things about souls and stuff like that, it's because of something?
The context of the entire event dialogue already suggest that, cherrypicking some certain words can't do anything. The entire event they trying to find our their true nature

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back