• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Aya Drevis fights a Sentient Flower

Jackythejack

They/Them
Yeah you thought it would be Flowey but hell no it's actually some dude from D&D.

Speed equalized.
Aya has all her optional equipment and is in her second key
Both combatants start ten meters apart

Amidor:
Aya Drevis:

Amidor is 8 megajoules while Aya is probably a bit above 18, btw.

Hm
Amidor is probably far more skilled and can probably resist stuff like the poison and sound hax (D&D resistances)
Buuuuut his stats are very not in his favor

Yeah it's basically skill advantage when compared to like, all the other things lol.

He's got a range advantage so that's cool. basically this is David and Goliath lol

So... Flowey just kills Drevis? He's got the infinite retries and Drevis lacks the required hax so...

Bro, I have never seen a D&D match where this list gets brought up. The page does mention that a character of a higher tier can more easily bypass the resistances of a lower tier. Would that affect this fight since the girl is obviously stronger?
No, that just means that there's layers upon layers upon layers with D&D *******

While I disagree with many things on dnd on this site, I find it kinda hilarious that dnd characters resisting everything under the sun is absolutely definitely true. The Eldritch knight class specifically states that stats grant resistances to effects throughout dnd (since you are stated to cleave through these resistances to let your magic work better). So the flower resist all of Aya’s non physicals attacks with no difficulty at all.

Anyways, Aya has greater ap, but the flower is both smarter and possesses more skill. Plus they have sword so the Aya’s durability advantage is less important from the slashing and piercing. I think the flower just wins the melee fight and stabs her, so voting it for now.

Edit: Forgot this is adult Aya. She’s actually way smarter, but the flower has greater combat intelligence.

Funnily enough, it seems he’s like one of the few plant monster that can’t. Anything with a con save can resist cloudkill which instantly kills in most editions. But this flower doesn’t actually have con resistance. How fast can Aya deploy the poison and how does it work in execution (been a while since I played the game). I honestly am surprised it doesn’t have higher Con, 5th edition loves giving monsters ridiculously high Con.

I’ll watch a play through of mad father later then. Also I’ll check out some more poisons throughout dnd and see if any instant death ones could be resisted through different methods. I know fifth edition has a few death spells revolving around plants. The flower being magical may offer resistance in and of itself. Which won’t be surprising because magic items have a crap ton of resistances through sheerly being magical alone.

Actually I found what I was looking for extremely quickly. The flower being magical inherently grants it resistance. The blight spell instantly kills any nonmagical plant, while magical plant monsters get to try and resist. Rip the poison working.

It is the corrosion and withering of plants in the description. But I will look up more clearly poison ones tomorrow. It’s late for now unfortunately.

It is the corrosion and withering of plants in the description. But I will look up more clearly poison ones tomorrow. It’s late for now unfortunately.
Corrosio is closer to acid manipulation then poison, but depends on how it work in a biological way, It corrodes by just touchig? It affect the biology forcing the cells to die? Need more explanation to see where It fall

“Necromantic energy washes over a creature of your choice that you can see within range, draining moisture and vitality from it. If you target a nonmagical plant that isn’t a creature, such as a tree or shrub, it doesn’t make a saving throw; it simply withers and dies.”

I was kinda thinking about how this spell causes death onto the plant and they can innately resist from being magical. But thinking about it, I’ll try to see one that is more specifically poison. There is a lot of instant death poisons, I’m just curious if any have a resistance that isn’t Con.

“Necromantic energy washes over a creature of your choice that you can see within range, draining moisture and vitality from it. If you target a nonmagical plant that isn’t a creature, such as a tree or shrub, it doesn’t make a saving throw; it simply withers and dies.”
I think this is just death manipulation

Back