• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Cap actually staggered Hyperion four times in the latter’s debut episode
  1. Bonk 1
  2. Bonk 2
  3. Bonk 3 (Cap literally knocks him on his ass in this one)
  4. Bonk 4
In the second occurrence Hyperion clearly recoils in pain, and in the fourth occurrence he tries to block Cap’s attack and fails. If Hyperion were billions-fold stronger he wouldn’t be so much as flinching from his attacks, much less grunting in pain.

Hyperion is undoubtedly stronger, but I don’t see Cap not scaling at all.

Captain America hurting heralds with his shield has been happening since he joined the Avengers in the comics lol, it's the same story as Wolverine's claws. Do you have any showings of him succeeding in hurting anyone of his level without it? Because from what I've seen, he's clearly pretty worthless without it.
He clearly punches him in the 3rd link. And his profile says that he sent Hyperion flying with a kick

Captain America hurting heralds with his shield has been happening since he joined the Avengers in the comics lol, it's the same story as Wolverine's claws. Do you have any showings of him succeeding in hurting anyone of his level without it?
There’s Thanos and Hyperion according to his profile, though I’ll have to find the latter clip.

Also I know how it works in the comics but AA Cap has endured hits from people wielding his own Shield so I don’t think it’d be accurate to list its AP as a gazillion times higher than his physicals in this continuity. Speaking of durability he’s taken hits from several characters on Hyperion’s level without, like, dying.
I don’t see how this proves much? Comparable characters can still catch punches from each other, and Cap got back up moments later so it’s not like he got one shot either. I guess this proves Hyperion is stronger but this doesn’t really prove Cap can’t be comparable.

Should we make a distinction between the feats from Thor level and Black Widow level characters? Because the Earths Mightiest Heroes show seems to function similarly to the original comic books in terms of everybody can fight everybody regardless of power level.

Should we make a distinction between the feats from Thor level and Black Widow level characters? Because the Earths Mightiest Heroes show seems to function similarly to the original comic books in terms of everybody can fight everybody regardless of power level.
Not really, it’s far more consistent here and in EMH than in the comics

I think the current scaling is fine despite being strange. For a split to happen Cap’s feats would have to be debunked or something, but none of Armor’s rebuttals were really substantial.

I can't really be the one to argue (and in fact have explicitly stated that I am not going to be), not having watched the show, but even then "protagonist doesn't get immediately turned into a pile of mush by attacks in a kids' cartoon" isn't particularly strong evidence.

I can't really argue not having watched the show, but even then "protagonist doesn't get immediately turned into a pile of mush by attacks in a kids' cartoon" isn't particularly strong evidence.
Why would characters taking hits from each other be weak evidence for durability scaling?

Why would characters taking hits from each other be weak evidence for durability scaling?
Because they're clearly shown to be inferior but clearly the writers can't just have them get vaporized lol, you can't take everything literally in battleboarding.

At the cost of comparing this to comics, shit happens all the time there too, it's just the only way to write big superhero team fights that aren't just two big dudes throwing hands and everyone else cheering on the sidelines.

Last edited:
Because they're clearly shown to be inferior but clearly the writers can't just have them get vaporized lol, you can't take everything literally in battleboarding.
That’s true but when the characters rack up numerous showings of being comparable throughout the entire series that can’t be chalked up to “it’s a kids cartoon ignore it”, it’s consistent scaling at that point.

If Cap took hits from Hulk-level characters like once or twice but was otherwise always portrayed as a gnat to him like in the MCU I’d totally agree with just saying outlier, but that isn’t the case.
At the cost of comparing this to comics, shit happens all the time there too
The comics have nearly a century of inconsistent powerscaling due to differing interpretations between hundreds of different writers, albeit with more explicitly defined power hierarchies.

I feel AA and EMH shouldn’t be held to their standards.

Well, it seems very exaggerated to scale the Black Widow to Galactus. Can't we at least try to scale the more street tier characters from their own feats instead?

stop debating with me about a verse i don't know, do not perceive me, as far as you are concerned i do not provably exist on this material plane nor any other

I’m not sure if Widow’s scaling is as consistent as Cap’s. I’d be fine with listing a Low-end and listing her High-end powerscaling feats with a “possibly” (if her feats are legit).

Though I’d personally just delete Widow’s profile because it has a massive Tier but no citations or scans for anything

I’m not sure if Widow’s scaling is as consistent as Cap’s. I’d be fine with listing a Low-end and listing her High-end powerscaling feats with a “possibly” (if her feats are legit).

Though I’d personally just delete Widow’s profile because it has a massive Tier but no citations or scans for anything
Well, I just made a suggestion, as the statistics for this verse partially seem strange, but I am also not familiar with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back