• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

A single but big addition for Korra

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back with yet another Avatar crt.

So I discovered this quote from Mike and Bryan a while back, which takes place during the sequence when Korra’s past lives were being destroyed. It’s interesting to note that they state that the camera is moving through not just space, but time as well. This is further backed up by the Book 2 art book, where the background of the scene is referred to as the outer reaches of space and time.

During several parts in Avatar, where Aang is trying to master the avatar state for the first time, the avatar spirit is represented by a purple version of himself in space. The series finale shows that the essences/personalities of all the avatars are part of the celestial avatar spirit. Reminder that the avatar’s power in the avatar state doesn’t necessarily come from Raava, but from Raava acting as a conduit for cosmic energy. Going back to Book 2 finale of Korra, Korra has to connect to the cosmic version of herself as an individual, rather then as a collective spirit. To do this, she meditates inside a tree that’s literally called the tree of time. Connecting with the universe, she creates a spirit version of herself. The creators have called both the celestial and blue Korras “spirit Korra”, and that she has simultaneously connected to and become a cosmic version of herself.

Wouldn’t this make Cosmic Korra eligible for some form of acausality, most likely acausality type 2? All of the context seems to point to her body being made of spacetime.

Though it doesn’t pertain directly to cosmic Korra, there are additional references in the canon regarding the concept of time and its relation to the tree of time:

• Bryke has stated that Raava and Vaatu were born from the energy of the tree of time. Both of these spirits are often referred to as primordial spirits in various avatar material.
  • In the video game, Korra says that her powers have been growing “since time began.” The Avatar Generations video game has an item in it called the book of time, which is said to “describe the origin of temporal events through the clashing of celestial forces”. Both of these seem to heavily imply that Raava and Vaatu being born from the tree of time marked the beginning of time itself.
  • Avatar Generations also has the map of time, an item that is “rumored to depict locations in the world where spiritual forces influence the flow of time”.
  • The Banyan Grove Tree, which is pretty much the physical world’s counterpart to the tree of time in the spirit world, is able to show people visions of the future.
Tl;DR : Spirit Korra most likely has Acausality type 2.

Last edited:
Isn't type 2 existing in only one set point in time? Them being at the at the start wouldn't give them that unless they only exist at that point in time, I think.

Isn't type 2 existing in only one set point in time? Them being at the at the start wouldn't give them that unless they only exist at that point in time, I think.
I asked on the discord whether having/being composed of spacetime would grant you acausality and they said yes. Type 2 is the only one that makes sense in this scenario, since the blue cosmic Korra didn't exist prior to the HC event, and disappears by the end of it.

Neutral for now, I don’t think she fully qualifies for it. It sounds like a space time related ability. I would put her somewhere in between type 1 and 2 but not definitively type 2. I would need proof she acts independently of cause and effect.

I would need proof she acts independently of cause and effect.
Unfortunately there is no showing of her withstanding any time-based abilities. Which is why I wasn't entirely sure what form of acausality it was; like you pointed out it feels like it's more then type 1, but doesn't fully meet the criteria of 2.

This doesn't remotely sound like type 2 Acausality. Type 2 acausality is you lack a past and a future, existing as a singularity in time.

This doesn't remotely sound like type 2 Acausality. Type 2 acausality is you lack a past and a future, existing as a singularity in time.
I see. I wasn't entirely certain of how the specifics of it worked.

So, assuming that CK's form is made out of spacetime, what would that grant her in terms of resistances?

I see. I wasn't entirely certain of how the specifics of it worked.

So, assuming that CK's form is made out of spacetime, what would that grant her in terms of resistances?
She'd have Incorporeality which would mean she would be unaffected by things like biological manipulation (things revolving around internal organs or blood).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back