• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

I hope we see Zuko lightning bend in the film. All the cards are there (peace of mind, technique), it's just that we never got to see him do it. He even got to do some rainbow fire. Just throw him a bone.

I don't recall there being an island near Cranefish Town, so having Aang pull up some Earth to form Airbender Island would be wicked.

Buma still has the strongest showing of Earth bending with his liberation of Omashu. It would be neat if Toph got a crazy showing as well.

I'm hoping Azula came around and dropped the wanting to twist Zuko into being a tyrant. Maybe have her be the fire bending teacher at an academy or someone else like that. Have her be the one that enabled the proliferation of lightning generation, revealing how she developed quick fire lightning.

Mai is most likely Izumi's mother, but I think it would be kind of interesting if he actually formed a relationship with Suki that is kind of, not really implied in the book. Real suspicious with the following him.

Unless I'm losing it, I believe the Red Lotus broke away from the White Lotus, so seeing Zaheer and his comrades would be cool.

I hope we see Zuko lightning bend in the film. All the cards are there (peace of mind, technique), it's just that we never got to see him do it. He even got to do some rainbow fire. Just throw him a bone.
Isn't he only able to just redirect lightning? Not necessarily being able to generate it for himself?

Why is ozai tanking the redirected lightning a justification for his durability? Zuko never actually hit ozai with it.

A film focusing on how the Fire Nation got to where it is would be interesting, with a greater focus on wars and the politics between nations.

Isn't he only able to just redirect lightning? Not necessarily being able to generate it for himself?
Zuko's ability to generate lightning is ambitious to put it lightly. We saw Iroh teach him the technique, and we were told why he couldn't do it at the time. Since then, his body literally fought his changing character, he reaffirmed who he was and in doing so lost his source of fire vending, then tears a new form of fire bending and now draws his power from himself. He should be capable, but he just hasn't done it. He was taught lightning is deadly, and it did kill Aang. As we're shown with Aaang and at least implied by Zuko himself, lightning redirecting stuff has an effect on you. So, you could assume that when he redirects Azula's lightning at her, and then later her doing the same to him, it's lessened. Azula's quick fire technique and LoK does throw a wrench into this, but we can still believably assume charge up determines lethality. All of that is to say Zuko would only use it to kill someone, and has simply not found a need to do just that. Fightning Ghazan would've been a good time to use it, but it seems he wasn't built to fight at 85, unlike other old masters, so it's negligible. The Red Lotus were imprisoned as well, and that was the goal even after they escaped, with their deaths just being spur of the moment things.

If not 18 year old Zuko, then the mid 20s Zuko we'll see in the films should be, unless he didn't attempt it for some reason. Aang wouldn't use it to kill, but if Zuko did finalize the technique, and get to Azula's level with it (possible given rainbow fire), Aang could use the non lethal moves.

But fr though, wouldn't the fact that Ozai reacted to the sun's energy coming out mean that this is an impressive feat? Yeah, he's not dodging sunlight cause he can't see it, but we see the brightness of the sun peeking out from behind the moon and he reacts in two seconds. Wheras it takes light 1.2 seconds to travel from the Earth to the moon.

0:35; 0:58; 1:12; 1:18; 1:21; 1:32;

Btw, the reason why I stopped focusing on the spirit beam and on the Ozai feat instead is because of the spirit beam "wobbling" at 20 seconds. Pretty sure that discounts it from being a laser. I do think there's actual light in it due to it causing the aurora, but I think mods would have a hard time accepting it with that anti-feat.

Btw, the reason why I stopped focusing on the spirit beam and on the Ozai feat instead is because of the spirit beam "wobbling" at 20 seconds. Pretty sure that discounts it from being a laser. I do think there's actual light in it due to it causing the aurora, but I think mods would have a hard time accepting it with that anti-feat.
This happened because they used earthbending to try to stop it during this shot, and that was the only time it happened.
The next day, the cannon was presented to all the soldiers and crew present at the factory. When Baatar Jr. fired up the weapon on Kuvira's orders, the machine malfunctioned once more. As he opened up the smoking engine, he quickly deduced that the trouble was caused by a missing distributor pin. After Kuvira discovered Zhu Li had stolen it to sabotage the machine, hoping it would explode, Baatar Jr. put it in place again to resume the test. Just as the cannon was about to fire, Lin, Suyin, Wei, and Wing disrupted its aim by rattling its sides with their earthbending, causing it to blast a hole through a hill as opposed to blowing up an abandoned town and Zhu Li, as intended.[1]

This happened because they used earthbending to try to stop it during this shot, and that was the only time it happened.

I meant the part when it comes out of the train.

hlP2Fsv.png

I meant the part when it comes out of the train.

hlP2Fsv.png
I'm also talking about this moment.
The next day, the cannon was presented to all the soldiers and crew present at the factory. When Baatar Jr. fired up the weapon on Kuvira's orders, the machine malfunctioned once more. As he opened up the smoking engine, he quickly deduced that the trouble was caused by a missing distributor pin.

After Kuvira discovered Zhu Li had stolen it to sabotage the machine, hoping it would explode, Baatar Jr. put it in place again to resume the test. Just as the cannon was about to fire, Lin, Suyin, Wei, and Wing disrupted its aim by rattling its sides with their earthbending, causing it to blast a hole through a hill as opposed to blowing up an abandoned town and Zhu Li, as intended.[1]

That cannon moment is from "Operation Beifong". The train scene is from "Enemy at the Gates".

I guess it could be hand-waved away cause beforehand, Varrick is subjecting the energy under different effects.

axEHPKD.png
In "Enemy at the Gates" the Spirit Energy Cannon was already on the Colossus, not on the train?

In "Enemy at the Gates" the Spirit Energy Cannon was already on the Colossus, not on the train?
The Colossus didn't show up until "Kuvira's Gambit", where it had the cannon on its arm.

Enemy at the Gates - Kuvira finds out spirit energy can be used as a weapon. The train scene takes place here
Operation Beifong - They use it as a cannon
Kuvira's Gambit - The cannon is put on the robot

Last edited:
The Colossus didn't show up until "Kuvira's Gambit", where it had the cannon on its arm.

Enemy at the Gates - Kuvira finds out spirit energy can be used as a weapon. The train scene takes place here
Operation Beifong - They use it as a cannon
Kuvira's Gambit - The cannon is put on the robot
The cannon failed three times, the first time was because of a cracked channeling ring.[Enemy at the Gates]
In 174 AG, the weapon was assembled at a factory not far from Zaofu. The day before its official test run in the presence of Kuvira, Baatar Jr. wanted to test the cannon's power core out in private to make sure everything would run smoothly. After Zhu Li initiated phase one, the condenser backed up and he ordered the weapon to be shut down. When the override failed, the cannon was at risk of blowing up, though Baatar Jr. prevented that from happening by manually dismantling part of its circuitry and discovered the malfunction had been caused by a cracked channeling ring. Not taking any chances, he ordered his crew to disassemble the machine in order to check everything for the official test the following day.
The second time was because of a missing part.[Operation Beifong]
The next day, the cannon was presented to all the soldiers and crew present at the factory. When Baatar Jr. fired up the weapon on Kuvira's orders, the machine malfunctioned once more. As he opened up the smoking engine, he quickly deduced that the trouble was caused by a missing distributor pin. After Kuvira discovered Zhu Li had stolen it to sabotage the machine, hoping it would explode,
And the third time was because of earthbending.[Operation Beifong]
Baatar Jr. put it in place again to resume the test. Just as the cannon was about to fire, Lin, Suyin, Wei, and Wing disrupted its aim by rattling its sides with their earthbending, causing it to blast a hole through a hill as opposed to blowing up an abandoned town and Zhu Li, as intended.[1]

Interesting, I wonder if they will publish everything that has already come out.

Any calc members on here? I'd like the speed of the lightning at 3:22 compared to the light beams that come a second later. At least, it should be lightning, given Mako just spammed a bunch of it.

Last edited:
wqLfiSf.png

🔥 Tier 0 avatar confirmed.🔥
This is not ironically supporting evidence for the Mother of Faces, since originally everything was one until she gave individuality and separated everything that exists into what it is today.
Since the dawn of time, the Mother of Faces has crafted faces for both living and non-living beings, placing a piece of herself in each face she created. It was because of her actions that separateness and identity came into the world. During this time, the Mother of Faces became estranged from her son, who later became known as Koh, the Face Stealer.

Mother of Faces is probably 2-C and with good hax like type 1 conceptual manipulation, acausuality and maybe Infinite/immeasurable speed?

Mother of Faces is probably 2-C and with good hax like type 1 conceptual manipulation, acausuality and maybe Infinite/immeasurable speed?
Spirits' relation to time needs to be clarified more in official material first. It looks like the new mobile game (Realms Collide) will be exploring different eras of avatar characters interacting with each other, so maybe that will give us some more info if it turns out to be canon.

Last edited:
Everything was one thing before Mother of Faces was born, when she was born she separated and gave meaning to everything, which would include all concepts and universes[2].

Nobody scales to her, she would be the only one in that tier.

Last edited:
They should be.

But at the same time, if Vaatu had won the Harmonic Convergence, I'm not sure how his influence would affect the Mother of Faces. Everything losing their identity feels like something that would have been brought up.

Back