• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Avatar and Lightning Redirection

Status
Not open for further replies.
LordAizenSama said:
I cannot recall perfectly if he did so I may be wrong,to be on the safeside At least Subsonic+ is probably better unless anyone has a calc for aang
I don't get anything higher than Subsonic on other forums (even using a different feat). Subsonic seems consistent with the results

https://forums.spacebattles.com/threads/avatar-tla-lok-calc-thread.290497/

"Now I shouldn't need to say this, but the gap between each frame represents 1/23rd of a second.
That means that between the first and second frame, he's moving at 73.6 m/s, and between the second and third frames he was moving at 85 m/s (or 76.4 m/s if you go by the top of his head rather than the red line, which might actually be more appropriate).
Now just to compare, 73.6 m/s is about 165 mph.
This isn't actually accounting for the distance he travels away from the camera (and he is jumping away from the camera), just his two dimensional distance. For that matter, neither does the calc about the rock, and it is noticeably getting closer to the viewer, so that's definitely faster too.
There you have it folks. Aang is actually as fast a Twilight Vamp.
But just in case, let's measure one of Ozai's showings.
The following is a combined image of two consecutive frames.
About 11.115m in 1/23rd of a second, so about 255.6 m/s, or around 572 mph.
Again I'm reasonably sure he goes faster when he's running for his life from Avatar Aang, but luckily unlike the jump, this one is flat movement, so I can say with certainty not higher than I measured in this instance.
This had better put any notion of Edward blitzing to rest; he's not actually any faster.
This is the time for concessions.
EDIT: I just noticed I think I lowballed Ozai's speed. I'm pretty sure only one of his legs is bent, or neither. Which means 1.8 meters is represented by less than 36.6 pixels, which means 226 pixels is more than 11.1 meters.
If that's the case, it might be up to 282 m/s (631 mph), and maaaaybe a little bit more. Probably not though."

I checked, and it appears that they do not have any ATLA/LOK profiles, so I suppose that we have to make do with "At least Subsonic+".

Are there any other characters in the franchise that are currently rated as supersonic?

Okay. Can you fox those profiles as well please?

Thanks. I will close this thread then.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back