• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

AVALANCHE Battle For The #2 Spot in FFVII

DFFNT Cloud PSN Render-removebg-Belt
"I pity you. You just don't get it at all. There's not a thing I don't cherish!"

Vincent Chaos Form
"When a person has someone they care about that much, giving their life is sometimes the least they can do. And maybe that's what makes us human."

Rules: Both Combatants at 4-B
Speed Equalized

Who Wins and Why?

Avalanche's Swordsme: 1

Avalanche's Gunslinger: 0

Inconclusive
: 0

Note: End of Advent Children Cloud and End of Dirge of Cerberus Vincent are being used; Thought this would be a fun battle since thier aren't alot of people for the FFVII cast to fight due to how strong they are in 4-B.

Is Sephy supposed to be stronger than Omega? Cloud was useless in DoC but Vinc as well was worthless in AC.

Also, if they fight over #2 spot who is supposed to be #1? lol

Well Cloud should have the edge then considering he was about to take out Sephy and fought on par with him more or less.

There are a couple of interviews that mention how Sephy is VII's top dog, but I haven't been able to track the exact source of them, but yeah.

Turns out the reason Omega didn't show up in the meteor crisis was because Omega pops up when the Planet is about to die to grab all the Lifestream it can save and take off. If Meteor had impacted Omega would have appeared. (

This is kinda my head canon but those intrviews hype up Sephy too much. He was helpless once Cloud went Onimusha 6 on his ass lol.

Also, worth mentioning, Sephy plays around with Cloud too much in the original movie however in the complete version he destroys Cloud on nearly every chance so take this however you will.

Either way I am giving this to Clod for now.

That's one of the reason's why I am kinda iffy unless I got the source as well, though the AC commentary is more reliable.

To be fair, Sephy did mess around with Cloud ACC as well, difference is that in the last leg he actually tried to defeat Cloud and things got bloody for our spiky. On the Way to a Smile at least gives a reason on Sephy's PIS, with all the memory messing shaeningans.

Honestly... I'd agree with you on this one, but Cloud's Limit Breaks had gotten pretty insane by the time of AC, so kinda comes as less of Sephy not living to his hype and more of Cloud having OP Limit Breaks and Sephy paying dearly for letting his guard down. Also remember the Bahamut SIN fight:

-Bahamut: Imma wreck your s***, yo!

-AVALANCHE: Charge! (Attacks Bahamut)

-Bahamut: lol, nope.

-Barret: Mind Blow!

-Bahamut: Nope.

-Nanaki: Sled Fang! (Charges at Bahamut and knocks it over)

-Bahamut: Ungh! That actually- Wait, lol nope.

-Cloud: Let's mosey. (Attacks Bahamut)

-Bahamut: Aaaand nop- (Gets hit with Braver and his face and eye is slashed open) F*** it, you're all getting atomized. (Shoot Petaflare)

-Cloud: lol nope (Swims through the fireball and one-shots Bahamut with Climhazzard)

Avalanche are bunch of b!tches in AC lol. The movie make it seemes it will be group efforts but then Cloud solo SIN's ass, they acted as stepping stone for Cloud "quite literally"

Choas Vince would have raped SIN as well thought.

@Zero: In a more writting sense, that's a big issue with the compilation in general, just the focus character is allowed to do anything and the writers don't balance well their supporting cast with them, making them all look useless. Kazuhige Nojima in particular (On the Way to a Smile, Kids are Alright: A Turks Side Story) can get pretty bad with just forgetting the FFVII cast is a superpowered bunch and treats them as simple action movie heroes: people in good condition but who can barely handle gunfire, and even that is inconsistent because at moments they do pop out the superhuman abilities.

IMO, end of DoC Vincent even without the Chaos transformation could easily destroy Bahamut SIN

Well Bahamut SIN is a fodder in grand scheme of things consdering he got basically one shoutted by Geotigma Cloud after he No-sell his biggest attack.

Indeed Base Vince would probably be enough.

Bahamut SIN is a strong foe by itself, but it came at a time where everyone had already become freakishly powerful, or at least all the top tiers did.

Amusingly if we go by the names, the Petaflare is a weaker variant of Bahamut Fury's Exaflare

Back