• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Attack speed Atomic Samurai

So this was supposed to be done a long time ago, as no one else did, now that I'm back I'm doing it.

The subject is this calculation: https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/User_blog:USklaverei/Atomic_Samurai_swings_his_sword_quickly

Uragik rejected and DMUA accepted, so we should debate it here.

I will leave here my answer to this comment from Uragik:

Anyway, the calc is very wrong because AS could have made a few perpendicular slashes from 3 sides in order to dice AS while the calc suggests he cut all these particles one by one even though they share common sides.

The correct solution:

Vody volume of an average 1.7 m tall person to approximately 0.070 m^3.

BS' is 1.1 m tall, therefore his body volume is:

0.070/(1.7/1.1)^3 = 0.01896 m^3

Cubic root: 0.2667 m

Each particle is 6e-5 m wide, therefore the number of slashes per each side:

0.2667/6e-5 = 4445

AS needs to cut BS from 3 directions in order to dice him so the total number of slashes:

4445*3 = 13335

Distance moved

13335*0.2667 = 3556.4445 m

Using 3.23 sec timeframe:

3556.4445/3.23 = 1101.0664 or Mach 3.2 (Supersonic+)

July 21 by Ugarik

This makes no sense, as it would be inferior to your Atomic Slash which is a casual attack by Atomic Samurai. Focused Atomic Slash is a completely different level, where even Atomic needs to be careful to use, as it forces your wrist a lot (it says it increases the speed of your cuts).
The point is that Uragik himself calculated the Atomic Slash himself and this is MUCH higher than the one he calculated for the Focused Atomic Slash, which is in huge contradiction.

I get his point though. Its not like AS just slashed every micrometer of their bodies, he just slashed length wise enough to cover everything. Basically micrometer long strips rather than micrometer sized cubes.

Also the comparision isn't really a thing, since its two completely different methods being used. Its like saying someone is wrong for using E = MC^2 because they used A^2 + B^2 = C^2 another time.

It is not a compelling argument to say that the high end should be used because it logically and canonically should be higher than another calced feat. It simply means the actual calcuable substance of said feats are disproportionate to one another, and the lesser feat yielded better results. Such a thing is very common in fiction, and Ugarik is not "contradicting" himself by making both calcs, he is simply reporting what either feat would logically yield given everything presented.

If a character casually shatters a mountain with a casual attack but only makes a small crater when going all out, you don't use incorrect assumptions to calc the latter feat to somehow be higher than the former just because it logically should be.

Just saying, the logic of canon is secondary when making a calc, what's of upmost importance is that the calc is logical and concrete by itself. If you want to argue against Ugarik's calc, you'll need to do so by the content and context of the feat itself, not because it logically should be higher than another calced feat.

It's not as if AS had cut every micrometer out of their bodies, it just cut the length wisely enough to cover everything. Basically long micrometer strips instead of micrometer-sized cubes.

But nothing indicates long micrometer strips, since if so, it would not become sparks as it happened, BS would simply stay as quoted and not completely scrap.

I get your point, the question is if he had done as you are implying, it would be thin bars, but no, it literally crumbles in all directions

I believe that since this is the same technique of the Atomic Samurai, but with a much larger number of strokes, you can use the same time frame as in MHS calc.

T = 0.00058 seconds
The length of 1 stroke = 5.01 meters in the previous calc, but since the space here is narrower, it is fair to reduce the length to 2 meters.

Number of strokes per 1 BS = 13 335

Path passed by the sword = 13335 * 2 = 26 670 m
Speed = 26 670/0.00058= 45 982 758 m/sec = 138 920 Mach = 0.15% of the speed of light = Relativistic

Looks more acceptable

But he doesn't attack BS in a omni-directional fashion. He slashes in a singular direction that pierces BS and continues forward. He may hit the entire volume of BS, but he's not targeting every square meter with a singular slash. Which was the purpose of the red bar example, that he just needs to cover BS's frontal surface area with enough slashes.

Your current method just contradicts what we're visually shown in my view.

Yeah I was feeling very "I'm tired, please kill me" when I accepted this and all I did to confirm was look at the original method

So I can agree with Ugarik and others here

Wait, the argument here is "You calced a weaker slash being faster thana stronger one, this make no sense", really? Have you ever figured out your method is wrong?

Or that the timeframe could totally be way lower, it's just not a reasonable assumption

M3X said:
Wait, the argument here is "You calced a weaker slash being faster thana stronger one, this make no sense", really? Have you ever figured out your method is wrong?
It's explicit that the stronger slash is faster in order to negate regen. That's said multiple times iirc

Cool, but this doesnt change the fact that the method is wrong. It is like an weaker attack being more powerful than a stronger attack, using calculations. Of course the stronger one should scale higher than the weaker.

But even though it is a long range attack it has to be omnidirectional no? Otherwise BS would turn yarn instead of dust.

Omnidirectional suggests he is firing from all directions around him, but in this instance AS is only firing infront of him. Which at most is only semi-omnidirectional.

If not omnidirectional why BS does not turn into wires? I believe it is omnidirectional. Not a different logic than what happened with Claymore, which was accepted, was considered Omnidirectional for turning to dust. But if we use real logic it didn't attack from the enemy's back, so it wouldn't be omnidirectional. I believe that turning to dust is more relevant than being a long-range attack.

Sorry but I don't understand what you're getting at? How does being turned to dust prove its omnidirectional, I don't understand the connection.

Because the attack from just the front would turn BS into wires. The attack had to come from above (or from below) as well to turn to dust, which is impossible from where AS was.

For all we know BS was only reduced to wires, its just that said wires were apparantly so thin that the result was identical to being reduced to dust. I don't understand how that would require him to be shredded from every angle.

Back