• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Attack On Titan: Paths Realm + Attack Titan = Immeasurable Speed?

MAJOR SPOILERS FOR ATTACK ON TITAN ANIME/MANGA. You've been warned.

I've been studying the speed wiki, including the timeless void standards, and I believe that the Paths Realm is a true void.

Here is the link to my arguments so far:

https://attackontitan.fandom.com/wiki/Thread:69124 https://vsbattles.com/vsbattles/3792578

Quick summary of my thoughts. (Copied & pasted from what I posted in the staff thread)

The way time in the Paths Realm works is described by Zeke as years going by "in the blink of an eye," while on earth it's shown that no time has passed betwee Eren's contact with Zeke and his titan transformation.

That alone is enough to warrant infinite speed, but they were also able to freely move around through history in chapters 120-122, with Zeke's father hugging him physically at one point, despite being dead in the present. Zeke also states that Eren can send information back in time to affect the future. This should give Eren immeasurable speed, as Ymir has given him full access to the paths realm from now on, regardless of whether or not he is touching Zeke.

Not only are people allowed in, but objects too. In fact, it's shown consistently that inanimate objects can be transported in if they are held onto when going in the paths. That last man shown in the link has been walking around with the cane shown in the picture, but when he comes back to earth, it, along with his groceries are found missing. This isn't a mere mistake either, as the author decided to show him again the next chapter without it.

I think this is enough evidence to consider adding immeasurable speed to Eren & Ymir, and the Paths Realm listed as a timeless void. BFR hasn't been quite demonstrated in the series yet, but given that inanimate objects can be locked away there, don't be surprised if it ends up happening.

Thoughts?

I'm deleting what I originally had below, which is the same thing with older information.

The Paths Realm(PR) exists outside of earthly time. This is supported by a statement from Zeke Yeager, who is consistently knowledgeable about the AoT Universe, in which he says that he spent years in the PR, but in the earthly realm events happen "in the blink of an eye."

Eren then uses his Attack Titan powers(which transcends time) and Zeke's royal blood(gives authority over Ymir & enhances powers) to travel throughout history. He comes across his father, Grisha, and directly speaks to him, motivating him to kill most of the royal Reiss family. To hammer home the point they are physically there, Grisha hugs his firstborn son Zeke before they are taken back to the PR, where Ymir gives Eren full control of the PR despite not being of royal blood.

This is an immeasurable speed feat. In moving any distance where time in the overworld is zero, you have moved at an infinite speed. In this case, moving back and forth through time, time itself is undefined and therefore impossible to measure with the S = D/T formula.

Ciruno Fortes said:
I'm actually waiting for the part Eren can BFR someone into the past or such.
I'm also waiting for this. How cool would it be if upon touch, you could banish someone to the PR for eternity?

It is implied that when he sent his "message" out to all Eldians, that he had actually physically moved them to the Paths Realm. In chapter 124, Annie Leonhart's father was shown in the PR with his cane and groceries on the ground, but when he was brought back to the overworld, these items were found missing. Perhaps next time Eren does something like this, he won't bring them back to earth.

Update on the BFR theory, Mr. Leonhart was shown again without his cane in the latest chapter, so we can safely say that this isn't just an illustration mistake.

They are not really moving perse as their real bodies are in the real world is more their minds so I am not sure about immeasurable speed.

TOAAPRECENCE said:
They are not really moving perse as their real bodies are in the real world is more their minds so I am not sure about immeasurable speed.
There should be enough evidence to suggest the Paths Realm is a physical plane of existence, like the Grisha & Zeke hug and the disappearing cane. If it all just took place in their heads, these two feats should not be possible.

Not bad, but I'm pretty confident that they weren't actually physically moving in the Paths; their real bodies are in the "real" world. And also, in case I'm just misunderstanding things, isn't time travel one of the Regular powers of the Attack Titan?

I've heard that Time travel =/= immeasurable speed.

Ayewale said:
Not bad, but I'm pretty confident that they weren't actually physically moving in the Paths; their real bodies are in the "real" world. And also, in case I'm just misunderstanding things, isn't time travel one of the Regular powers of the Attack Titan?
I've heard that Time travel =/= immeasurable speed.
You're right. Time Travel and immeasurable speed are not one in the same, the difference is all in how it's achieved. In this instance, Eren uses a true void in order to access the past, making it immeasurable speed.

Of course, we'll have to wait until the end of the series to definitively analyze the events of the Paths realm, but one major hint/indicator that the PR is physical is the fact that inanimate objects can be transported there. Not just clothes, but food, bags and walking canes can be brought there and left there.

Back