• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

AtLA Revisions (Korra too)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, some proof of that it behaves normally then.

wait a second. does Sting have light speed attacks then? does erza have lightspeed attacks with morningstar armor? (she can produce real light tho)

okay, on topic then, i can say one thing about speed/reactions.

toph is like hight/top tier in reactions in avatarverse, but we know for certain that her reactions litterally cant be faster than transonic, since she depends on echolocation, which is based on sound, which also has to reach the target first and then get back to toph for toph to process the information, so her echolocation is capped at around half the speed of sound - fact.

she could also depend on hearing, which cannot be faster than sound.

now are we actually considering that there is a number of people in the avatarverse that have over a 100 times faster reactions, despite them still being hit by bending attacks, which are slower than bullets?

people sometimes manage to do things that they could never consistently do.

Ragazz said:
toph is like hight/top tier in reactions in avatarverse, but we know for certain that her reactions litterally cant be faster than transonic, since she depends on echolocation, which is based on sound, which also has to reach the target first and then get back to toph for toph to process the information, so her echolocation is capped at around half the speed of sound - fact.
Not entirely true. The speed of sound in materials differs greatly from material to material. In iron it travels at 5130 m/s. That's Mach 15, Hypersonic+.

So, do the rest of you think that we should consider the lightning-related speed feats as outliers or aim-dodging?

Depends on who fired first. If the lightning was fired first before the character in question moved/attempted to dodge, it's safe to say that he/she reacted to it after it was fired.

But then, don't we have specific rules about lightning speed and stuff?

Well, I think that our only rule is that there must be proof that it behaves like real lightning, to be considered as such, but there may be further information in the following page: Lightning Dodging Feats

well, the sound has to go back and forth, so more like mach 7.5 what about sound traveling through the ground/earth/rocks?

Lina Shields said:
Depends on who fired first. If the lightning was fired first before the character in question moved/attempted to dodge, it's safe to say that he/she reacted to it after it was fired.

But then, don't we have specific rules about lightning speed and stuff?
I've watched the scene several times since making this thread to see if it's aim dodging or not. It is not.

Okay. It seems to be a legitimate feat then, just standard inconsistency, much like we rate the Crystal Gems from their highest feats, not their everyday showings.

The real cal howard said:
Also, DT, could you please humor me and calc Zuko saving Katara from Azula's lightning? I'd love to do it, but I have no earthly idea where to start. Sorry if that's asking too much of you.
I won't even have time to read to this thread properly today and tomorrow, but I would calc that on thursday if that isn't too late. There was something regarding that feat I wanted to have a look at either way.

I just remembered to bring up something I recently realized (this doesnt mean I don't agree with anything Its just something I thought I should bring up and talk to you guys about so don't come at me with pitch forks lol) regarding Iroh's statement on the lightning.

Now, I am fully aware that in his claim, Iroh mentions that in the process of generating lighting, you must separate the energies of yin and yang, in other words, positive and negative energy. And for real lightning, its a similar principle only interpreted as separating positive and negative electrons.

Now, if we are accepting chi lightning as real lightning in Avatar, then that is liklely proposing we also consider "positive and negative energy" as electrons. But the thing is.....is there any evidence that Iroh's statement on Positive/Negative energies is literally and completely refering to electrons? In his statement he is refering to both energies as being forces of Yin/Yang, spiritual forces, which could hardly mean anything close to that of literal electrons or anything scientific. And as @Dontalk quoted above:

"Iroh doesn't talk about electrons and protons. He talks about the energies around them, yes, but those energies can, in the given mythological believe of the verse, be the energies of nature, specifically they are yin and yang. The energies of the moon (yin) and the ocean (yang) are for example actively represented of such energies shown in the verse, which can power bending. (in this case they power water bending)"

In addition to this, we must not forget that ATLA is set in a more modern unindustralized time period (I mean even in LoK, which IIRC takes place 75 yrs after TLA, they barely have grasped the concept of technology in general such as with their cyborgs and machinery) so I think its extremely doubtful that anyone in that time would know anything about Electrons or even any scientific concept , so it might be incredibly unbelieveable that Iroh is refering to properities, such as electrons, that are in the process of generating real lightning.

Again, this doesnt mean im completely disagreeing with the proposals. I dont even think this might be usuable. This was just something that popped up in my head while I was in school today (more specifically Chemistry Class xD) and I thought I should have at least shared my thought with you guys, even if its incorret.

I think we should start acknowledging the (canon) Korra video game from 2014 too. We should create a page for Hundun (the villain) and calc these:

Korra (in Avatar state) creates an elemental burst

Her ultimate move in the game . Considering the area it covers, it could be her best elemental avatar state feat. Maybe this video doesn't have the best angle but there's other videos of it online.

Hundun raises a huge chunk of land

Korra stands up to this guy in her base form and later stomps him in avatar state so her base form would scale to him. Before their fight he does this.

Korra (in Avatar state) brings down a huge boulder

Korra finishes him off with this impressive avatar state feat.

^This game was scripted by a writer of TLOK in collab with the series creators. I dunno if it can be considered canon though.

Yes but that doesnt make it canon. IIRC Akira was involved with Xenoverse. Doesnt make it canon now either or doesnt mean we can make profiles for Xenoverse Goku, vegeta, etc.

However this is a diff topic and probably should be mentioned in another thread (the avatar game i mean).

I'm always unclear on what should be considered canon, it's all pretty vague, but yeah, this is a topic for another discussion.

@Kukui

Toriyama had no involvement in Xenoverse besides designing the characters. That's different from the LoK video game being written by one of the show's writers and collaborated on with the series' creators. I'm almost positive the LoK game is canon.

I feel like I've wasted my time reading this thread, still nothing that can convince me that lightning bending move as fast as real life lightning.

If anyone can download a clip of Zuko vs Azula during their final battle, and send the link to the file to my message wall, that would be appreciated. Apparently I can't download the clip for some reason.

Edit: Downloaded the relevant clip in question. Calc should be done soon.

Well, I suppose that we could make the LoK profiles composite from both the cartoon and the game, if the latter is supposed to be canon, and does not contradict the main show.

I haven't played the game but IIRC it takes place between "Spirits" and "Change", seasons 2 and 3 respectively. After Korra decided to open the Spirit Portals in the end of season 2, the main villain of the game is a spirit that was previously trapped there and now is unleashed.

Going by the general synopsis of the game, it doesn't contradict anything from the show, although the input of someone who has played the game would be appreciated.

well, first it contradicts the plot.

also, korra cant make water out of nowhere.

also, doesnt that game enable to enter giant korra form without its requirements/prep?

i mean, you COULD take SOME of the stuff from the game (which doesnt change anything rly) that doesnt contradict with common sense and the avatar series rules - like she cant spam waterbending with no water, unless she learns ninjutsu...

^^ it never happened, it doesnt fit in between the seasons and it was never mentioned in the slightest. it looks like its in season 1, but at the same time between season 1 and 2. and at the same time like between season 2 and 3.

it just doesnt fit in with the actual story.

also, beware, if u want to go into this territory... then this applies even much more so for the Ultimate Ninja Storm series, since they follow the story, actually. (most of the time).

not to mention how many more series this applies to...

this would lead into a big mess and this wiki would contradict with itself and logic even more than it already does.

I already mentioned it takes place between Books 2 and 3.

also, beware, if u want to go into this territory... then this applies even much more so for the Ultimate Ninja Storm series, since they follow the story, actually. (most of the time).
This doesn't apply to NUNS. The game isn't written by Kishimoto at all.

Okay. Never mind then. Ragazz does make a good point in that it likely sets a very bad precedent for other series within this wiki.

Let's stick to the feats from the main LoK and AtLA cartoons.

Lennystewart said:
@The great ZZ Explain.
>there was a calc on azula's "Lightning" Bending that was Mach 12

>Also the feat that was calced should have mentioned that feat was during Sozin's Comet, An event that boosts fire bending

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back