• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Athena (Trinity Kingdom) vs Leona (Hunter Blood)

Super warrior goddess fights a Hybrid

Speed equal

5-A Leona

They meet in an unknown universe. Athena finally wanting a good challenge challanges Leona to the death. Will her dream finally come true?

Athena43

Leona

It seems like it's going to be very hard to tag Athena. It says she defeats multiple master level fighters without being touch and reacts to ppl far above her speed with godly reactions. It also says she knows how to dodge any attack or block properly. However, It does say Leona can use explosives with her attacks, which would make things easier. Also she can use the probability stuff, which can probably make getting hits easier. The Aura thing Leona has looks like it will be nulled, there is also the paralysis she has, but it says Athena can't be manipulated or stopped because of her will. I don't know if Athena can null paralysis, I probably need to ask the OP. Athena can probably win with better regen, power level increase during battle, and far better fighting skills. I think it's going to be really hard to hit her, on top of better regen. Ima say Athena. Oh forgot Athena can reflect attack's with her eyes. Interesting

To be fair though Leona is on even terms with Celestia,which has been training from some of the best at a young age and she has thousand of years in age,also Wulfgar which was trained since young too by an old master in hand to hand combating,so Leona good most likely give Athena a good fight in up close combat

If Athena has nothing against Leona paralysing her there then thats gonna work,also saying she cant be manipulated or stopped cuz of will sounds kinda NLF to me

Also how is Athena regen better?Both are listed low-mid,although Leona regen is said how good it is by being compared to someone else,Athena doesnt have any of that there

That's the point of the indomitable will. You can't use telekinesis, RW, Gravity Manipulation etc through the indomitable will. You have to do damage simply put. Will you can get away with lots of things, and hers is supposed to be infallible. The point was to make an op warrior that can't be defeated easy by just hax. Not a main char just a teacher of unfathomable fighting skills to help heroes. She kinda supposed to be op. Even reacting to light speed opponent she is Rel+. The main issue is really hitting her, ppl dodge and block her attacks a lot even if they eventually lose and get overwhelmed because of fighting knowledge. The best fighters in the multiverse can probably last like a good 30 seconds, but only one has ever touched her tho that's because she let her to give her confidence. The will stuff, the attack reflection isn't guaranteed. That part is an AP thing. But the being manipulated part is, is why she is acasual type 1. Doesn't mean she can't be moved tho. With telekinesis yes, cause that is directly manipulating. Knocking her back with a wind blade isn't so direct so it counts.

@velvet if you react to light speed characters then her speed should be faster then relativistic,but it it doesnt matter here given speed equalized

@tetromino,im seeing only the skill as an edge and the resistances,she doesnt have any notable hax or anything to put her down and with equalized speed and nothing to boost her there,chances to get hit could are more big in this fight

That's because of vsb/Oc standards. The point is she has godlike reactions. So she can easily react to ppl far above her general speed. It kinda of varies depending on the target. Even a MFTL target would of gotten countered. The speed says she reacts to ppl with far higher speeds. That's why I said speed don't really matter unless they are slower than Athena. I didn't care so I equal speed anyway.

I don't think she needs hax to win. Also she has reactive power level on her profile. She engages in hand to hand or shield and spear fighting, all while using her aura and will as attacks to damage targets. The regen is the same, so I don't think she would need hax to win. Athena would just go straight in and start fighting her to wear her down

If you react to something that fast there is no way you are put lower then that,even with these godlike reaction,you react to lightning for example,you are lightning speed,you react to bullets,you are bullet speed,if she can react to these she just cant be put only relativistic,doesnt match

Both got godlike stamina,Leo will not tire too soon,so its a matter of damage dealt against each other and with speed equalized things go different,hand to hand and weapon fighting isnt gonna be enough to get a win

Lets go firstly with easy question. Has Leona hers second set of powers at hers arsenal in this figth?

Arigth, then is Athenas soul manipulation for herself or can she use it against her foes and which level acausality she has?

Why would fighting not be enough to win? It's not the speed why she is as good is the technique. Speed is equal but that doesn't take away from the technique. Master level hand to hand fighters that get defeated at the same time is because of skill. She has "vision" she can easily see openings in targets without trying. Just a look, and she is good at exploiting it. Even with ranged blasts, she knows how to defend it in a way to block it properly or dodge the right way. I disagree on fighting skills don't be enough. Especially when she has vision and is the best fighter in her multiverse.

Everyone in the verse that has aura has soul manipulation and non physical interaction. It's what they use to dmaage beings like angels, Demons, sprits, kitsune, Goddesses etc. that's why it's important to unlock your aura so you don't need divine weapons

I have been myself flipping coins too. Athenas has markable skill set and fame to be most skilled figthter in her multiverse, i won`t deny that. But in other hand i can`t take way Leonas exprience in fighting too. She has figth against Celestia and i am sure she has few tricks in hers sleeve being over thousands years old, not mentioned other characters too.

But i have to be that guy who will take that soul manipulaton to count and flip that coin favor for Athena as Leona don`t have resistance for in hers firts key.

Should her skill be then like precognition then. As myself i regard you could react faster than you can move, but question is can your body move as fast your reaction. But if you know with latter ability where attack will come and have time for react it, then it would be countered.

For precognition, i take refence for my character Athena who can predict with that way hers opponent move set for two days future.

So, vote for Athena

hard To explain. Her body is adjusted to deal with threats due to her intense training. So her speed varies depending on the target. I could write lightspeed for being rel+, but that's not the point of it. The speed wouldn't really matter unless it was infinite and above. Wanting to make a character that pretty much embodies fighting and willpower. Without being easily countered by just "Hax btw" "Mind Manipulation btw". Her will is supposed to prevent that. Her reactions are godlike, meaning she can react to stuff beyond her speed.

Let me give an example why. Let's say I make her like speed for countering light speed. But that would be innacurate, her reactions adjusted to the speed of whom she was fighting and got her out of harms way. Having her a light speed is inaccurate since that's not her general speed. There is a reason I put godlike reactions as enhanced senses, as well as hand to hand fighting. The attack reflection stuff is good, but not invincible. But not being manipulated by telekinesis or matter Manipulation Resistance or reality warping is true.

Basically, she is supposed to be a super warrior. That's why I put super warrior goddess at the top. She even defeated 3 clones of herself who can already stop top tier fighters. Without being touched. If you wanna hit her, Skill, and wits is how. But of course, she still has regen, and you know aura that prevents all trinity kingdom users from taking full damage.

It's really not easy to just hit her. If she fought someone of equal skill, the probably wouldn't touch each other or barely. Because nigh perfect level fighters know how to defend and dodge almost everything

Leona has resistances to soul manipulation,look at resistances again,also i say its not enough with just fighting up close cuz she is on even terms with Celestia which i said has thousand of years and was trained by some of the best around the cosmos when invading other worlds,before she even arrived to Earth and from a young age,as well as Wulfgar which trained from a very young age too under a guy which is old as well and that majority of the life was focused around hand to hand skill and such,you cant tell me Leo just gets easily outmaneuvered by her only cuz she is supposed to be the best h2h characrer in her world

Also Leo can see with her enhanced vision vital points of an opponent,i disagree with your argument that Athena skill being enough to deal with her to win here,also titles as "best fighter in the multiverse",they cant mean much when crossover battles happens,Batman in DC is one of the best h2h fighters,yet that doesnt mean in other franchises there aint characters with better skill then him,like Black Panther which gets knowledge from all the previous Black Panthers or Wolverine which lived over 100 years and fought around the globe most of its life,those two can very well put up a fight against him h2h,same with Leo against Athena

Ah, then i am sorry. I tough that her next abilities are like resistance are for her next key or abilities. If she has them then too then this turns more intersting as Leona can resist soul manipulation. Athena has reactive power level, but Leona has adaption. So both make them equal in abilities in my eyes then, even i take count that Athena has her skill, i think Leona can think something to go around it, as i stated before.

So as i take now that their abilities are almost even, i take my previous vote back and give it to Leona. Figth is not gonna be easy, but here i take note for that even Athena is expert at figth, she has only 150 years living and Leona has figth others who has longer life exprience.

So, i change vote for Leona, even it would not be easy figth for her.

I don't think experience is good enough to be a better fighter. She reached her peak of skill before that long. She pretty much knows all there is about fighting, that it may as well be her super power. I didn't put just "Master hand to hand combat" because then it would seem like she was the average master hand to hand combatant. She makes the master hand to hand combatants in her verse look like fodder, defeating then simultaneously and has never been touched by them. She's supposed to be the epitome of fighting skills. That's why it just says "Godlike Hand to hand combatant." Because she treats master level fighters in the verse how a master would treat a beginner. Her clones, which aren't as good as the real thing, are good enough to still stomp everyone else in the verse skill wise, and she didn't even get touched by 3 of them.

And her training as evolved to where she can easily react to faster opponents. She can also see weak points in attacks and people without trying. I put extraordinary genius in her profile due to fighting knowledge.

To me it still sounds like Athena is a better fighter

I told you before,reacting to things faster then light and such should classify her for that rating,not lower,makes no sense for a character with lower speed to deal with faster opponents unless the faster one gets predictable or the slower one knows where the other would be with something like precognition,godlike reactions seem more like better reactions in comparison to normal ones and thats it

Also experience can be good enough to be a better fighter,you can learn all martial arts and styles in the world you wish,someone that is more experienced in fighting has the edge still,knows more on how to fight,Batman learned many fighting styles,yet characters like Wonder Woman are better fighters then him,simply cuz she has more experience then Batman in fighting up close

No because it is reactive speed. It didn't matter how fast the person was. I already said that. It can, but some characters don't need nearly as much time as others. Hence that's what being a prodigy. Even as a kid going to adulthood she was already Amazing and didn't get touched. Experience can mean something, but not always. Experience isn't always the defining factor, there may be examples of this being the case, but there are numerous to go against that as well. I still think Feat wise she is better at fighting. And the profile only says expert hand to hand combatant. When Athena doesn't get hit by masters. Check the profiles you will see almost every single person be a "master hand to hand combatant." And Athena is vastly superior to all them in skill. To the point where I added it as notable attacks/techniques being fighting skills. But I'll take your word for it on her skills, but I don't think she is better because of experience. Experience is good but sometimes it doesn't say everything. Especially in Athena's case that it

If its because of the reactive combat one,then her speed should increase all the time and wont remain at the same level,especially vs ftl characters and up,so she wouldnt remain relativistic and has to get on that level to keep up against such fast characters

Expert and master are about the same thing with each others,they are synonimous so its not changing much there

Ok then im about to say something too,neither does being a better fighter means anything,using another example with Batman,Deathstroke beat him many times in h2h combat even though Batman has learned and knows more fighting styles then him,did that stop Deathstroke from beating him?And there are more examples of that in fiction,so if you go that way and i can as well,Athena has nothing besides h2h and weapon mastery that aint gonna be enough to beat Leo,in her verse you aint doing shit with only h2h skill or some weapons,there you either are capable to deal with their powers/abilities and to overpower them or you lose and not get anywhere

It will because she resists her hax stuff lol. About your example, then that makes deathsroke better. Why wouldn't H2H be enough? She's extreme good at it, and she has what it takes to deal with the regen. She can also use "Will" blasts. Which is like powerful telekinetic force energy. That's already on the profile tho. That's the thing tho, I checked and most of her stuff is passively resisted by aura and will. That's the main reason I'm arguing H2H is possible. She wouldn't need to deal with some of those abilities. She also has the jiren stare which can act as an almighty push or a barrier. But yea H2H is definitely possible here, especially when it will most likely be forced to that because of her will stuff. She also dodges ranged attacks or blocks them pretty easy because of her reactions and vision. Vision sees weakness in not only targets, but abilities

Also with her reactions being as good as they are, and vision, and attack reflection I don't think spamming range attacks would get anywhere. To whcih Athena is just gunna go in. And I think we agree based on info Athena is an a lot better fighter. Not really voting, I wanted to Adress why H2H not being viable here isn't correct

You are starting to hype and overrate her too much now,her profile doesnt show resistance to everything Leo has on her,especially negation of durability and paralisys,you are making out of the willpower a no limit fallacy thing now,"lol willpower gg" and also her reactions,you making her like its impossible to hit her at all even if you are mftl or such she cant be tagged by them

Thats just nitpicking now,so having more experience means nothing just cuz you have a character that its that old and is second to her,how oddly convienent,when i bring an example for h2h not getting you far your reply is "if he beat him,it means he is that good",so Deathstroke not knowing as much h2h styles as Batman is totally fine,but if a character has more experience then another it doesnt mean much and cant carry you far,nitpicking at its best

I didnt wanna get into this,but Athena more or less was made as a marry sue character,even her weakness says "overconfident,but doesnt affect her",thays hardly a weakness and the willpower its wanked as countering any hax,along the reactions,even with equal speed here you still say as her godly reactions play a factor

Well, Athena is actually nerfed here. She's supposed to be "fighting embodiment or perfect fighter. I never said Will was a nlf. If can reflect attacks but above I said not everything. The willpower isn't wanked at all. She is supposed to be a fighter that can't be easily defeated by "hax gg" "Mind Manipulation gg". I created her op. I also created her to not easily be defeated by faster characters by giving her reactive speed.

In short, I said she was broken before this was even made. I said "can anyone find a match for Athena? Probably not because she is op, but fighting wise."

She is a marry sue, but that's not a problem as she only tries to train fighters. But I can think of numerous ways Athen can lose. She ain't invincible, but just extremely hard to beat. And all the angels and demons are stupid old, and have nothing on her lol. That wasn't even edited, I even have on her profile that Catarina stands no chance vs her.

Im not hyping, the character is that broken. That's pretty much all it is.

You wank and hype her,your willpower screams "it counters the opponent hax",same with the reactions,there is one thing to make her be untouchable by characters on a certain level,but making her untouchable by ftl or mftl characters out of her speed league,thats simply just to make sure she cant be blitzed in any shape or form

"Cant be manipulated" thats NLF,that just says she cant be affected by anything period,that goes into NLF territory

I didnt said you edited it,i said its convienent how you use a character of yours to support your argument of experience not being a factor,yet when i give an example of a character with more h2h skill under its belt getting bested by someone with not as much or even close its totally fine cuz h2h plays a factor,IT DOESNT and you jist nitpick in your favor

Being a merry sue is a problem,cuz she isnt meant to fight others if she wins so easily,this character was made purely to be unbeatable for that tier more or less,hyped and wanked to be strong for the sake of that which is just a boring and 1 dimensional and her weakness doesnt even compensate for anything

If this is how things are gonna go,then the thread simply shouldnt exist at all at this point,i seen other people characters in the past and being said they are OP,but at least theirs dont simply go gg everything and have limitations that can make a match be debatable,unlike this one

As I said, not invincible at all. And it's also nlf to say an attack "damages any target", or "is invulnerable unless pierced." Everything can be nlf. In the verse that's just how it is. I said the character was op and probably can't find a match. And the character isn't a problem bejng a Mary Sue, as it isn't someone that ppl will see regularly. Just a teacher, that won't even help with main villains. RHats why it doesn't matter.

1)"is invulnerable unless pierced", on the profiles they still have put things like resistance to x,y,z,etc ability and resistance to something means that they arent immune to everything,if Superman had to punch them with his full strength or Darkseid used his omega beams on them,thats GG for them,if they dont have a resistance to an ability or the durability,invulnerability doesnt save them,piercing is a weakness to get around invulnerability when against more even tiers,not NLF

2)"damages any target" except that is for durability negation used,nothing else and many characters in fiction have such abilities and some could have resistance to such if said and its not NLF,unless you say it works even on omni characters or such

Good luck finding a match,cuz your character cant be tagged even against mftl characters,cant be defeated realy up close cuz of being h2h incarnate and that gets you far(not at all and its proven in fiction) and can gg against hax and cant be really countered and you didnt give her any limitation,so i dont know what 5-A you expect to have anything to even make it a tie,she aint meant for vs matches with those

Back