• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

At Least Universal DMC and more continued

Status
Not open for further replies.
Schnee One said:
<Created a Universe for no reason

Not really, he needed a battlefield in order to use his powers without destroying the demon world, and to top it all off, this is fiction, where we have Mechs the size of Galaxy for fun, so why does having a reason matter at all?
Lolfiction only holds up so much. But beyond that, dude literally had an entire island to fight on and had no qualms destroying that building he was in.

Ogbunabali said:
This is still not an argument. It's not an illusion, that's already been addressed. Their fight changed locations ok?
An illusion, a visual, whatever. What did people have to say about it being an illusion? Was there any direct evidence to contradict it? I'm doubting it as nothing talks about the potential 3-A feat at all.

Their fight changed locations in the middle of nowhere space.

It apparently holds up to where Mechs can be the sizes of multiple universes and be fine, so tell me where it breaks.

Destroying the island destroys the traveling point to the human and demon world, not a good idea.

Schnee One said:
Dante has never needed to breathe.
Btw that was an actual question rather than me using it as a point. If Dante needed to breathe then I would've used it as a point. But I had to know first.

Anyway, still, why are we assuming Dante doesn't need to breathe? He's half human.

Ok did I really write all of that for no reason, literally no one has bothered to read it.

• It's not teleportation because this is teleportation, and even Munuds himself says that in the human world they are weaker, as well as the demon world not having a sky like that, means that it's not teleportation.
  • It's also not illusions because the fight can't physically happen in that space they were in, if you've played the game you would know what I mean here is a full fight you can watch it yourself if you haven't already, and not to mention the room they were in doesn't have a scratch on it when we see Dante in the aftermath, which again would be physically impossible if it was an illusion.
    • The sky rotating is also just a weird camera spin, not the area itself moving, which you can quite clearly see when Mundus flies up and the sky behind him isn't rotating at all.
    • There is also no "air burst" when he jumps, that's blatantly false. If someone sees an "air burst" there feel free to show me a scan of where, because I don't see anything.
    • As well as when he creates the dimension both him and Dante float in the air, unlike some people that have claimed they were standing feet flat which is just wrong.
1be3300031b718fbb108be9878351123

@The real cal howard

The most direct statements your gonna get that are acceptable is Kamiya's reasoning for naming Mundus in the guidebooks and demon's names = power in the DMC3 manga.Although you don't accept Kamiya's WoG it fits directly with the lore and his reason for naming him Mundus.

Dante has never needed to breathe and can stay underwater for how ever long he wants and he doesn't seem to need to eat or drink either.

Ugh....I will just say this. I vehemently disagree with this upgrade, I really do. I just want to stay neutral due to me not being the most knowledgeable of DMC. However, from what I've seen, I am not convinced of 3-A tbh. However, I will say that I dislike some of the counters to the upgrade here as well as certain actions some have been taken here either.

Please feel free to join the debate. I think everyone here would love to see this concluded one way or another. No one would be happy if this was concluded halfheartedly and after a month a new thread, whether it will be an upgrade or a downgrade, will be opened and we'll just continue the cycle.

Yea, post your reason why for disagreeing, if you aren't knowlegable then we should do our best to try and convince you though it's hard because most of our reasoning was posted in previous threads.

• It's not teleportation because this is teleportation, and even Munuds himself says that in the human world they are weaker, as well as the demon world not having a sky like that, means that it's not teleportation.
Firstly, the Demon World is a universe, so pretty much anywhere that's not where we see, it could be in there. And again, that's if it's not a visual/illusion. Secondly, that's portal creation, not teleportation. Thirdly, even if the feat was 100%, irrefutably legit, the fact that Dante and Mundus arrived there in the first place instead of on earth means that Mundus would've still had to teleport them there.

• It's also not illusions because the fight can't physically happen in that space they were in, if you've played the game you would know what I mean here is a full fight you can watch it yourself if you haven't already, and not to mention the room they were in doesn't have a scratch on it when we see Dante in the aftermath, which again would be physically impossible if it was an illusion.
I've seen the full fight. Still doesn't rule out teleportation or it being a visual even if he did make a pocket realm as again, thunderstorm and volcano.

The real cal howard said:
Firstly, the Demon World is a universe, so pretty much anywhere that's not where we see, it could be in there. And again, that's if it's not a visual/illusion. Secondly, that's portal creation, not teleportation. Thirdly, even if the feat was 100%, irrefutably legit, the fact that Dante and Mundus arrived there in the first place instead of on earth means that it has to be teleportation.
It's not the Demon World, as said above the Demon World doesn't have a sky with stars in it.

I've seen the full fight. Still doesn't rule out teleportation or it being a visual even if he did make a pocket realm as again, thunderstorm and volcano.
It 100% does, because the fight still can't physically happen in that space. How did they fly up and fly through so much space? Why has the room they were in not have a single scratch on it? etc, etc

There's also other things pointing out it not being a universe. Given everything else remains the same when Dante gets back, he didn't drop the pocket dimension on top of them. There's no portal or warp or anything to it either. It's not like Mundus just teleported Dante back, as he still is down for fighting as shown and supposedly had a home field advantage there. Does that mean it collapsed? But then why did Mundus, who was still alive, have to "teleport" there from wherever he was instead of just showing up where he last was before making the dimension?

There's also other things pointing out it not being a universe. Given everything else remains the same when Dante gets back, he didn't drop the pocket dimension on top of them. There's no portal or warp or anything to it either. It's not like Mundus just teleported Dante back, as he still is down for fighting as shown and supposedly had a home field advantage there. Does that mean it collapsed? But then why did Mundus, who was still alive, have to "teleport" there from wherever he was instead of just showing up where he last was before making the dimension?
Video game logic, happens all the time especially in older/2d games besides Dante can teleport.

"It's not the Demon World, as said above the Demon World doesn't have a sky with stars in it."

So you've seen all billions upon billions of light years in the Demon World and can assume the entire thing can't have a sky like that.

"It's not the Demon World, as said above the Demon World doesn't have a sky with stars in it."

So you've seen all billions upon billions of light years in the Demon World and can assume the entire thing can't have a sky like that.
Throughout the entire series, the Underworld was never shown to look like that.

@The real cal howard

It's not multi unversal teleportation, the fight starts in the demon world.And the demon world was never shown to have a stars or anything like that, only multiple kingdoms with different laws of reality.

Also, defeating Mundus was causing the demon world to collapse which is why Dante had to escape to the entrance of it which is a 3-A feat in of itself, will find the scan.

Dienomite22 said:
@The real cal howard
It's not multi unversal teleportation, the fight starts in the demon world.And the demon world was never shown to have a stars or anything like that, only multiple kingdoms with different laws of reality.

Also, defeating Mundus was causing the demon world to collapse which is why Dante had to escape to the entrance of it which is a 3-A feat in of itself, will find the scan.
Just because a dimension depends on you to exist does not make u 3-A.

Cal what you're doing right now is appealing to ignorance. You need to show this reasoning to why it would be a teleportation or illusion where it's clearly never mentioned that they were fighting in the illusion. Why are Kamiyas statement not valid? Why is it a hyperbolic? Why is a troll statement?

RebubleUselet said:
But this is true. It is like saying that a Supreme Kai is 3-A just because a God of destruction depends on his existence. Again, just because a universe's life is connected to yours does not mean you have a 3-A durability.

Your durability would only be 3-A if were need to destroy the universe to destroy you.

@Kepekley23

The title states "underworld collapsing" and it isn't talking about just the entrance or the section that's connected to Mallet Island.It states Dante has to reach the entrance of the underworld (the closest is Mallet Island) before it (underworld) collapses.

Dienomite22 said:
@Kepekley23

The title states "underworld collapsing" and it isn't talking about just the entrance or the section that's connected to Mallet Island.It states Dante has to reach the entrance of the underworld (the closest is Mallet Island) before it (underworld) collapses.
Except the Underworld is intact in subsequent titles.

But this is true. It is like saying that a Supreme Kai is 3-A just because a God of destruction depends on his existence. Again, just because a universe's life is connected to yours does not mean you have a 3-A durability.

Your durability would only be 3-A if were need to destroy the universe to destroy you.

Thats a false equivalence and not really relevant to what he said.

If you want to use Kamiya's word to argue that Mundus created a universe you have to follow his word that the Underworld didn't collapse.

Which it didn't. The only source for that is a third party guidebook made by Brady Games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back