• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

At Least Universal DMC and more continued

Status
Not open for further replies.
Argosax's feat requires paying attention to the other thread.

@Cal

Basically, in Devil May Cry lore, the Human World and the Demon World were both originally one, big universe, with the Demon World composing the majority of it and the Human World (our universe) being small in comparison. However, sometime after their creation, they were forcibly separated from each other and became two separate universes/dimensions

In Devil May Cry 2, Argosax was going to revert the universe to its original state, where the Demon World and the Human World were both one, and this is confirmed to be the case in the official guidebook, which states that Dante needs to stop Argosax and the Demon World from consuming our dimension.

@Spinosaudrus75DinosaurFan

No, God tiers of the verse are repeatedly stated and shown to be massively above all demons even in lore.Sparda literally took on ALL of hell and Mundus by himself, this isn't dealing with averages.

@Paradox. Thank you for the context.

The question becomes...how was he going to do it? As raw 2-C power doesn't exactly abide by occam's razor in this scenario.

The feat is 3-A, not 2-C, due to there being no solid confirmation on the Demon World and the Human World being separate timelines, merely separate dimensions.

There is no reason to assume Argosax was going to do it with anything other than his own abilities. Maybe you could say that's 3-A Reality Warping and nothing else, but that'd be a massive double standard.

@The real cal howard

No, never happened, Dante sealed him, the Island exploded because Mundus was gone and didn't power it.

Mundus's feat is 4-A at best. We only see stars, and have no proof it is as big as our Universe, let alone a galaxy. Nearly all other feats are Tier 7 with only a few Tier 6 feats. And from my limited knowledge about DMC, Mundus isn't supposed to be far stronger than everyone in the verse.

The real cal howard said:
Dante didn't kill him? Only sealed?
Nope. Mundus was dying, but then Dante sealed him, which held him on some sort of statis state. He even says something sarcastic about kicking his ass harder the next time he is unsealed or something.

Spinosaurus75DinosaurFan said:
Mundus's feat is 4-A at best. We only see stars, and have no proof it is as big as our Universe, let alone a galaxy. Nearly all other feats are Tier 7 with only a few Tier 6 feats. And from my limited knowledge about DMC, Mundus isn't supposed to be far stronger than everyone in the verse.
He is supposed to be far, far, far stronger that literally everyone else (besides Sparda and Dante of course) he singlehandedly stomped and subjugated all of the Demon World. And he is continuously stated as being far supperior.

And something Matthew brought up in the original downgrade thread: Mundus is also incapable of planet-busting according to the DMC 3 Manga Scanlation.

"Twice he struck the Earth with an enormous spear, and did not rend it."

ParadoxIndifferent said:
The feat is 3-A, not 2-C, due to there being no solid confirmation on the Demon World and the Human World being separate timelines, merely separate dimensions.

There is no reason to assume Argosax was going to do it with anything other than his own abilities. Maybe you could say that's 3-A Reality Warping and nothing else, but that'd be a massive double standard.
I get where you're coming from.

Again, this is something else that we do wrong on this site. At first glance we always take things at face value. If we never see what facet of his powers would grant him the ability to do this. Now that's not saying the feat never happened. That much is obvious. What needs to be confirmed is the means. And if we don't know the means, we shouldn't scale, as it could very well be a chain reaction or over time or some other eventuality

I've seen that brought up multiple times, but I don't remember seeing it. Can someone post a scan?

@Spinosaurus75DinosaurFan

Mundus is one of the strongest beings ever in DMC, he was the sole ruler of the Demon world and people who are comparable to him stomped the entire demon world by themselves, he's strong.

And something Matthew brought up in the original downgrade thread: Mundus is also incapable of planet-busting according to the DMC 3 Manga Scanlation.

That is completely unfounded. There is no specification on who the demon actially was.

Debunked in previous threads, that was Sparda involved in the creation of the ten men nigru nothing about Mundus.

It was never stated that it was mundus it was just assumption on Matt part

First of all i see people here are just saying "no I dont think we can trust this" even if u DONT want to believe but the facts are Kamiya clearly was more in depth about the setting Dante and mundus fighting at. Also the names representing of what they are has no been addressed. Argosax feat is legitimate until debunking that feat. I dont see this being too long and since the mods are questioning the reliability of the feat, at this point is just running in circles. As the rest who made the point already did and refuted to those who went against the feat.

1. That isn't Mundus. That is Sparda. And this statement took place while Sparda was sealing his own power.

2. This is a faulty scanslation that has been called out.

Also, no offense, but I believe that our current arguments against Mundusmerging the Demon World and the Human World are extremely faulty and out of context, and will make a post for why that Mundus lore feat is also valid and on the same caliber as Argosax's feat.

Ahh yea, the name's Argosax The Chaos and Despaired Embodied lines up with they're powers and goal which is reverting the universe back to it's original state which was said to be pure chaos.

Ah, I see. Thank you for correcting me.

But that's not contradictory at all, either way. If you consider the wording, the sentence can also mean that he struck the Earth in such a way that he doesn't destroy it, not that he can't despite his best efforts. And considering that this is Sparda, who has no reason to destroy the planet, which humans inhabit, this is pretty likely.

Just watched the video. Totally against the Mundus thing now that I have the battle I mind. You don't create a universe only to...fly up to a thunderstorm and fall into a volcano. Call it whatever you want. Darkness manipulation, an illusion, whatever. But it was no universe.

Again, the name thing is a non-sequitur and doesn't at all imply 3-A power.

There is also no need to discuss this either way, considering that this translation is faulty and said anti-feat doesn't actually exist. The official translation, corraborated by the kanji, only mentions that Sparda hammered the Temen-ni-Gru into the ground.

@The real cal howard

Mundus is stated to have created all of that in the guidebook (and it's shown in through out the game) and it doesn't contradict anything.

I don't see a reason to talk about mundus's feat argosax has a legit universe feat and argosax and mundus are equal so mundus would scale

That's not an argument.....

My dude. Not only is it completely an argument, but you're avoiding it at that. You're telling me that instead of it just being some illusion, Mundus one, created a universe for no reason, two, happened to fly into some random thunderstorm in space and some random volcano down below despite there not being anything else for lightlyears?

This is still not an argument. It's not an illusion, that's already been addressed. Their fight changed locations ok?

@The real cal howard

Mundus can create thunderstorms and he was stated to create that "volcano" in the guidebook, I'll try to find the scan for you.

<Created a Universe for no reason

Not really, he needed a battlefield in order to use his powers without destroying the demon world, and to top it all off, this is fiction, where we have Mechs the size of Galaxy for fun, so why does having a reason matter at all?

Dienomite22 said:
@The real cal howard

Mundus is stated to have created all of that in the guidebook (and it's shown in through out the game) and it doesn't contradict anything.
This has never been brought up once from what I've seen. Not saying it hasn't been brought up at all, but at the very least, I must have missed it. Not to mention that I asked for a direct statement a while ago and I'd humbly be quiet.

It not contradicting anything isn't the only problem. If "it doesn't contradict anything" was the answer to upgrades, a lot of things would be a much higher tier. It's a matter of being legit in the first place, which I don't think it is. I don't see this as anything different than Kaguya or Vaati.

Also, quick question. Doesn't Dante need to like...breathe?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back