• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Asta (Pre-Timeskip) Vs. Monkey D. Luffy (Pre-Timeskip) (9-L-0) (Concluded)

I’ll try to argue for Luffy. It has been awhile since I read the Eye of the Midnight Sun arc, but I definitely don’t remember him doing anything too impressive that wasn’t reliant on anti magic (besides learning Ki). Luffy isn’t completely useless against cutting attacks. CP9 had a move specifically for slashing. Another thing to take into account is that Luffy is a combat genius that has experience dealing with various types of opponents. Asta’s main fault is that he is too reliant on anti magic and physical strength (if I recall correctly, it took him quite some time before he learned how to properly even use a sword). I believe that, as the fight goes on, Luffy will adapt to Asta. My vote is for Luffy, but I am pretty sure the verdict has been decided already.

but I definitely don’t remember him doing anything too impressive
Defeating a shining general that could adapt easily to him or stalemating Kiato who can surpass his Ki, Vetto fight etc
Luffy isn’t completely useless against cutting attacks
Half true, swords consistenly hurts him, air attacks he can defend a bit
Another thing to take into account is that Luffy is a combat genius that has experience dealing with various types of opponents
Zombies, Ice mages, water mages, slime mages, light mages, generals from diamond, assasins, elfs, swordmans, shall I continue? Luffy is better than Asta in skill but Asta is not outclassed, at minimun he has 75% the Skill Luffy has, Asta learned how to use his sword with only 2 advices from Fanzel
Luffy will adapt to Asta
And Asta can´t adapt to Luffy because...?

Defeating a shining general that could adapt easily to him or stalemating Kiato who can surpass his Ki, Vetto fight etc

Half true, swords consistenly hurts him, air attacks he can defend a bit

Zombies, Ice mages, water mages, slime mages, light mages, generals from diamond, assasins, elfs, swordmans, shall I continue? Luffy is better than Asta in skill but Asta is not outclassed, at minimun he has 75% the Skill Luffy has, Asta learned how to use his sword with only 2 advices from Fanzel

And Asta can´t adapt to Luffy because...?
Thread already over, your comment was a waste of time.

Like yours when you don´t read the thread then
Lol you want to know the difference? I realized my mistake and apologized then made a suggestion to help people like you avoid my mistake. SuperStar updated the title as I suggested to read “concluded”. Even with it saying “concluded”, you still thought it was a good idea to try to debate me.

If your debate needs correction nothing stops me for doing it, saying that Luffy can adapt while Asta can´t for some reason or ignoring literally everything I already posted earlier

If your debate needs correction nothing stops me for doing it, saying that Luffy can adapt while Asta can´t for some reason or ignoring literally everything I already posted earlier
Lol your arguments weren’t even good. You completely ignore that he did all of what you described with anti magic. It wasn’t him needing a special tactic. And besides learning Ki, Asta has never shown the ability to adapt during a fight on the level of Luffy, even at this point in time. My debate didn’t “need correction”. All of my points still stand lol.

Back