• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Asta begins his martial artist training

Asta's evolution is not even that good in combat. He did not evolve at a level hundreds of times above his own Tier during the fight against Lucifero or Lucius.
Or maybe he did and Lucifero is 3000 times stronger

You got yourself 5-C to 5-B Black Clover, good job (Joking so no one takes this comment serious)

I was typing a paragraph in response to @Tural2004 then another paragraph popped out of nowhere.

I really have a ton of shit to do Irl😭

anyway, there has to be a better way to debate this.

I have a question regarding Garou’s AD and RE

Hasn't he capped at 6-A via RE for this match? Why are we combining RE feats with AD feats?

TBH I don't even think that we should be using fan calcs to measure growth but whatever.
True, hence why I opted to go for Garou’s other feat for the amount of time he threw against his fight with Platinum Sperm since I think that gives a more concrete example of the rate of Garou’s growth.

Yeah they go hand in hand for Garou lol.

My point was just like what was said. Garou increases his strength by much wider margins is much shorter time frames. That’s all.

Asta skill wank vs Garou mob mentality

If I'm going based on the actual arguments, Arnold clears OPM Supporters and there's no debate lol. Epic was the only person who was convincing to me personally, everyone else was just filler.

But I shall vote incon 🤪

Okay but what's the difference between RE and AD here, both increase Garou's strength

Isnt RE his monster form perks that allow him to literally evolve in combat? While his AD is similar to Asta. His RE literally how Garou jumps tiers. He didn’t even need AD anymore.

Yeah they go hand in hand for Garou lol.

My point was just like what was said. Garou increases his strength by much wider margins is much shorter time frames. That’s all.

Yes, Actually arguable cuz they’re both FTL characters that fight in incredibly short timeframes , Garou does that with his RE not AD.

Yes, Actually arguable cuz they’re both FTL characters that fight in incredibly short timeframes , Garou does that with his RE not AD.
Right, the difference being you would have to rely on calcs or other means to figure how long they spent, which can’t account for things like how long they’re talking and such, while in Garou’s case there is an actual timer in the manga telling you how long he spent fighting them.

But no, he can do it with both RE and AD, they’re not mutually exclusive towards one another. In fact the example I cited, Garou underwent no transformation. He just simply got better as he fought someone in that timeframe.

Do I need to wait for more posts before voting? I think this is pretty much over and it's time for FRA trains to come in.

Im not done arguing, I need a distinction between Garou’s RE and AD… but you can* vote I guess.

Last edited:
Reactive evolution doesn’t necessarily entail Garou transforming in any way, it just means when presented with a threat one’s body will evolve in some way to mitigate that threat.

An example is when just standing still due to Psykos using her espresso powers on Garou, his body naturally evolved to that level of psychokinesis to the point where he could once again move. Or like when Garou’s body become more immune and resistant to things such as poison and heat.

Accelerated Development is purely a stat amp. Like what Garou did against platinum sperm. He only increased his speed and skill in that fight so his body didn’t “evolve” it simply “developed.”

Reactive evolution doesn’t necessarily entail Garou transforming in any way, it just means when presented with a threat one’s body will evolve in some way to mitigate that threat.

An example is when just standing still due to Psykos using her espresso powers on Garou, his body naturally evolved to that level of psychokinesis to the point where he could once again move. Or like when Garou’s body become more immune and resistant to things such as poison and heat.

Accelerated Development is purely a stat amp. Like what Garou did against platinum sperm. He only increased his speed and skill in that fight so his body didn’t “evolve” it simply “developed.”

Exactly, thanks for clarifying yourself before I responded to your last post. I think Garou’s AD increases his strength too, yknow before the whole monsterification thing. Also your example looks like adaptibility where he builds resistance to paralysis or whatever.

Just take the L man 🗿

?

Okay so I know Saitama triggered his monster form to evolve faster and stronger when he capped at 6-A. Probably why he has a new key.

So if RE has capped before this ^^ and his AD is still working, how good is Garou’s AD compared to Asta’s

I literally just saw “shockwaves can travel through air”💀 anyway I’ll respond to that later

I noticed you always strawman my points

earlier you didn’t even address the upscale chain when talking about my piercing damage. Now you only care about the metal when I literally boldenned “supernatural energy”
I'm not strawmanning anything, how do shockwaves not travel through a metal sword? Is it because it has "supernatural energy"? Why would "supernatural energy" just deflect or dissipate shockwaves? That makes no sense

Besides, the Roaring Aura Sky Ripping Fist is a combination of the Water Stream Rock Smashing Fist and the Whirlwind Iron Cutting Fist which creates shockwaves and air slashes like these (Not to mention the range of the shockwaves of the RASRF itself is much higher than that considering Sage's kilometers wide and long body would suffer its effects) so even IF Asta's sword has some "supernatural energy" that dissipates the shockwaves travelling through it for some reason, the fact that one of these air slashes could avoid the sword entirely, grace Asta and instant incap him mean the battle is over.

I'm not strawmanning anything, how do shockwaves not travel through a metal sword? Is it because it has "supernatural energy"? Why would "supernatural energy" just deflect or dissipate shockwaves? That makes no sense

Besides, the Roaring Aura Sky Ripping Fist is a combination of the Water Stream Rock Smashing Fist and the Whirlwind Iron Cutting Fist which creates shockwaves and air slashes like these (Not to mention the range of the shockwaves of the RASRF itself is much higher than that considering Sage's kilometers wide and long body would suffer its effects) so even IF Asta's sword has some "supernatural energy" that dissipates the shockwaves travelling through it for some reason, the fact that one of these air slashes could avoid the sword entirely, grace Asta and instant incap him mean the battle is over.

It doesn’t dissipate shockwaves. You’re claiming Garou can make shockwaves off of anything even energy itself.

I don't even know what this means

His shockwave martial arts stuff works on the body. So I am asking if it has been shown to move through or bypass Anti Magic energy that is reinforcing Asta's iron swords.

Who are the H2H fighters Asta fought against btw?

Lucifero (capable of out skilling 4 fighters that included 2 swordsmen with their own skill chain) and Ichika (has her own chain and her fighting style embodies both taijutsu and kenjutsu and could initially out-skill Asta who was skilled enough to out-skill Lucifero after the time skip) I made a skill chain for Asta two days ago.

I am not sure what you are talking about. Since we are talking about their growth in terms of power, both abilities are literally the same. It is not like Garou uses his RE to develop resistance to some ability of Asta

Drop the association fallacy. AD and RE may be similar but they are different. His RE comes from monsterification and his AD is innate. His jump to 6-A was due to his RE which peaked before Saitama triggered his Monsterification again to keep evolving to 5-C.

His RE has capped at 6-A and that's what's being used for this Match. So how good is Garou's AD compared to Asta's?

Back