• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Asriel Vs. JJBA

Asriel second form vs the entire JJBA series. Keep in mind he's doing this part by part, meaning he's fighting Part 1 first, then going to Part 2 after that, etc.. If he defeats all parts, he then fights all other characters at once (Eyes of Heaven characters, JORGE JOESTAR characters, etc.). Speed is equalized for all characters and in every way (including things such as bullet speed and stuff). Everyone is in character as well.

https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/Asriel_Dreemurr

https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/JoJo's_Bizarre_Adventure

Asriel:

JJBA: 10 (Paulo, Tactical, WeeklyBattles, and ExSENNA, Sir Ovens, Sadistic, lapitus, Listen, Alitudil)

Inconclusive:

I get it, but are you sure there's no argument for Asriel beating Giorno? All I really know is that Giorno's only chance at not losing is return to zero. I've seen arguments that suggest Giorno simply couldn't affect Asriel with it due to return to zero only affecting universal casuality, while Asriel is beyond universal, even reaching into 4D levels of power even if still being 3D.

Paulo.junior.969 said:
Does Asriel have any passives? I legit don't remember because I haven't played the game in years.
Oh, what do you mean by that? Passive abilities? I'm not sure what would fall under that category, but you don't need me to tell you. In versus threads you're just supposed to use character pages, so whatever it says on his page should be taken as factual here.

Passives are abilities that just take effect automatically without the character having to do anything. That's one way to deal with GER, because it does not allow the opponent to take any action, so you'd need a way to kill Giorno without having to take any action.

Clears Part 1

Clears Part 2

Clears Part 3 as long as he doesn't pick up the "cool looking sword" Anubis. I also can't tell what would happen if Alessi deages him, but he likely won't get so much time.

Likely doesn't clear Part 4 since Rohan exists.

Likely stalemates Part 5 due to GER. Iluso might try to force a win via BFR to the mirror world.

Eventually clears Part 6 via timeline erasure. Might have lost to a combo strat of Green Baby (negating Danmaku) + Whitesnake Pucci + Kenzou (Danmaku dodging with the power of feng shui) but his specific resistances to memory erasure and soulhax negates the strat. Replacing Pucci with Domenico would work, but in-character, he's unlikely to work with Green Baby and Kenzou.

Likely stalemates with Part 7 due to Love Train.

Part 8 hasn't finished, so no comment.

Doesn't clear Jorge Joestar

Doesn't clear Eyes of Heaven.

TacticalNuke002 said:
Clears Part 1
Clears Part 2

Clears Part 3 as long as he doesn't pick up the "cool looking sword" Anubis. I also can't tell what would happen if Alessi deages him, but he likely won't get so much time.

Likely doesn't clear Part 4 since Rohan exists.

Likely stalemates Part 5 due to GER. Iluso might try to force a win via BFR to the mirror world.

Eventually clears Part 6 via timeline erasure. Might have lost to a combo strat of Green Baby (negating Danmaku) + Whitesnake Pucci + Kenzou (Danmaku dodging with the power of feng shui) but his specific resistances to memory erasure and soulhax negates the strat. Replacing Pucci with Domenico would work, but in-character, he's unlikely to work with Green Baby and Kenzou.

Likely stalemates with Part 7 due to Love Train.

Part 8 hasn't finished, so no comment.

Doesn't clear Jorge Joestar

Doesn't clear Eyes of Heaven.
I get most of that, but reasoning for not clearing Jorge Joestar or Eyes of Heaven?

Although one thing I do disagree with is him likely not clearing Part 4 due to Rohan, but eh.

Paulo.junior.969 said:
Passives are abilities that just take effect automatically without the character having to do anything. That's one way to deal with GER, because it does not allow the opponent to take any action, so you'd need a way to kill Giorno without having to take any action.
Asriel has passive paralysis inducement which worked on Frisk so idk

Paulo.junior.969 said:
I see. I believe the only passive affect Asriel has is making it so Frisk can't do anything but struggle in his fight before they get another DT amp and break free, not sure how that works or how it would work against Giorno assuming it would be relevant at all. His magic attacks also likely always attack the soul rather than doing physical damage but idk if that matters or counts.

Also are you both voting in favor of JJBA or maybe an inconclusive? Asking so I can add it after you respond.

Doesn't clear Jorge Joestar because of Beyond's Plot Manipulation. Also doesn't have the range to kill all the Kars across the multiverse, so they UNDERSTAND, adapt and gank squad Asriel to death.

Doesn't clear Eyes of Heaven due to Reality Overwrite and because HADIO likes to spam teleportation for moving which would bypass Danmaku.

RinneItachi said:
Also are you both voting in favor of JJBA or maybe an inconclusive? Asking so I can add it after you respond.
You can't add matches like this. Only 1v1s or maybe groups provided the groups have an extended history of working together (Eg. Batman and Robin), or if individual members of the group are dependent on another for various roles in a fight (Eg. Naofumi and Raphtalia).

Most people believe Asriel beats HADIO, at least with equalized speed. The reasoning is that HADIO has one attack that could defeat Asriel which he needs to touch him with, even then some arguments would say that it wouldn't actually defeat Asriel entirely, while Asriel has countless, spammable, ranged attacks that would annihilate HADIO upon contact. Also, would the paralysis work on DIO? Asriel's second form is capable of completely immobilizing the low 4D amped Frisk, to the point where they can't even Hope or Dream anymore, only being capable of struggling, DIO has a 2-A attack, but DIO himself is far weaker.

Part 1: clears

Part 2: Clears

Part 3: Clears but Anubis

Part 4: Rohan thinks

Part 5: GER exists

Part 6: Eventually clears I guess

Part 7: LOVE TRAIN

Part 8: -

JORGE JOESTAR: Kars U N D E R S T A N D S

Eyes of Heaven: HA DIO or Jotaro overwrites

So either way can't get pass Part 4

JJBA takes this

HADIO doesn't need to touch, he just needs TWOH's hands intact and he can attack from Multiversal+ ranges. He also isn't 2-A anymore, but is being downgraded to somewhere in tier 4 or 3. RO is capable of nullifying Return to Zero, so no reason why it can't null paralysis.

I didn't know he was being downgraded, but I'm still using his current vs battle statistics for this debate until it's changed.

Now I'm thinking of using Annoying Dog for the same battle, but I feel like it'd be a stomp in AD's favor, it'd also be boring to use a very similar concept to a previously done vs battle.

Anyways I'm guessing you're all voting in favor of JJBA aside from Edward who only discussed Asriel's paralysis working on Frisk.

RinneItachi said:
I see. I believe the only passive affect Asriel has is making it so Frisk can't do anything but struggle in his fight before they get another DT amp and break free, not sure how that works or how it would work against Giorno assuming it would be relevant at all.
So I guess they both just become stuck without being able to do anything. GER negates anything Asriel tries to do, and Giorno gets paralyzed.

Paulo.junior.969 said:
RinneItachi said:
I see. I believe the only passive affect Asriel has is making it so Frisk can't do anything but struggle in his fight before they get another DT amp and break free, not sure how that works or how it would work against Giorno assuming it would be relevant at all.
So I guess they both just become stuck without being able to do anything. GER negates anything Asriel tries to do, and Giorno gets paralyzed.
Alright, so basically inconclusive against Giorno, but I'm guessing you agree with the others that Asriel still loses to other JJBA characters right? Asking just in case you want your vote changed to inconclusive or not.

Also, thanks for everyone who mentioned it, because I had completely forgoten about Rohan.

He doesn't need to move to use his Stand, and it is totally in character for him to just go for the kill as soon as the battle starts, so he could potentially just turn Asriel into a book and write "I cannot attack Rohan Kishibe".

Jorge Joestar Kars has D4C but better, so I guess he'd stalemate Asriel. Tho he could possibly paradox Asriel if he gets a child Asriel from another universe and throw it at the current Asriel.

JJBA is at 10 with Asriel at 0. Think the winner here is obvious. Should I close it? Btw I'll just ask now what a grace means cause I can't find out on Google and don't know where it applies.

Well I still don't know what grace means but ok, also that didn't answer whether I should close the thread or not.

RinneItachi said:
Well I still don't know what grace means but ok, also that didn't answer whether I should close the thread or not.

• When the thread reaches a valid vote count, a grace period of 24h will be acknowledged, starting when the final vote that resulted in valid vote count was posted. After this time period the match can be added, with proper format, to the respective characters' pages, or, for Tier 2 characters or otherwise locked profiles, requested in the Versus Addition Request Thread.

Its not recommended to remove threads, better ask a mod to close if you want

Back