• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Ashita no Joe CRT

Status
Not open for further replies.
my one problem is instinctive reaction. Joe fighting while unconscious seemed more like he was on the brink of being unconscious, and him "sensing Rikishi's intent" is predicting the way he's going to strike.
Well for me he seemed fully unconscious especially in the José fight, and the way i interpreted the Rikiishi dodge was that Joe did sense his intent but his body reacted instinctively. but your interpretation is valid as well
Oh, and last thing, Joe didn't scare Kim by himself, it happened because Kim's PTSD got triggered from seeing blood on Joe's face
Yeah but that only happend during the last moments of the fight, but even before of that Joe was scaring the shit out of him.

I certainly see your point. But if we look at it this way - Joe hits Harimau and slams him into the ground. Then, since Harimau is pinned and Joe is still airborn and descending, he keeps on pressing on Harimau. Since Joe is falling in Harimau's direction and Harimau has no where to move now, he has to absorb the entirety of KE at this point
Even if he's falling, the fist would still be moving faster than the rest of the body since it's relative to it.

I forgot to mention but Joe should also have Resistance to Analytical Prediction due to the fact that he was able to fight against Kim Yong-bi. Kim is stated to be a human computer, he's always calculating his opponents next moves, he never never commits any errors during a fight or during his training, he can easily dodge all his opponent's attacks and counter them without breaking a sweat, he can read his opponent so well that he can punch them with his eyes closed, he was also able to parry multiple punches from Joe with his eyes closed too, he can accurately predict how many strikes are left to knock out an opponent, Kim can also predict the outcome of a fight by calculating, his coach describes him as boxer who foresees all possible scenarios beforehand and acts accordingly no matter what happens. Due to this, his fighting style is pratically immune to counters or lucky punches, Kim probably never got hit in a boxing match before his fight with Joe. And since Analytical Prediction/Precognition can be based on any number of factors, such as reading the minute body movements of an opponent, predicting their actions through observation, mathematical predictions, and etc... I think is fair to say he has it, due to the sheer amount of times he displayed during the series.

While Joe himself has never showed or displayed any signs of Analytical Prediction in his fights, he certainly has a Resistance to it, since he was able to hit Kim multiple times during their fight, and Kim himself even admitted that his calculations failed against him. Not to mention all the numerous times we are shown how unpredictable Joe can be in a fight.

Also should we get someone else to give another opinion on all of this? i know that this might be hard since it seems that just the 3 of us care about this verse I also think we need to come to an agreement because this thread has been going for too long.

In my understanding Joe should get all the abilities that i listed with the exception of Fear Inducment since both of you guys seemed to disagree with it and @Armorchompy actually suggested that Joe shoud get Social Influencing instead. And we still need to decide whether the Small Building calc is acceptable or not, Both me and @Da_Lunge_Fish don't have a problem with it, but @Armorchompy give some valid points against it.

Last edited:
I forgot to mention but Joe should also have Resistance to Analytical Prediction due to the fact that he was able to fight against Kim Yong-bi. Kim is stated to be a human computer, he's always calculating his opponents next moves, he never never commits any errors during a fight or during his training, he can easily dodge all his opponent's attacks and counter them without breaking a sweat, he can read his opponent so well that he can punch them with his eyes closed, he was also able to parry multiple punches from Joe with his eyes closed too, he can accurately predict how many strikes are left to knock out an opponent, Kim can also predict the outcome of a fight by calculating, his coach describes him as boxer who foresees all possible scenarios beforehand and acts accordingly no matter what happens. Due to this, his fighting style is pratically immune to counters or lucky punches, Kim probably never got hit in a boxing match before his fight with Joe. And since Analytical Prediction/Precognition can be based on any number of factors, such as reading the minute body movements of an opponent, predicting their actions through observation, mathematical predictions, and etc... I think is fair to say he has it, due to the sheer amount of times he displayed during the series.

While Joe himself has never showed or displayed any signs of Analytical Prediction in his fights, he certainly has a Resistance to it, since he was able to hit Kim multiple times during their fight, and Kim himself even admitted that his calculations failed against him. Not to mention all the numerous times we are shown how unpredictable Joe can be in a fight.
Seems reasonable.
Also should we get someone else to give another opinion on all of this? i know that this might be hard since it seems that just the 3 of us care about this verse I also think we need to come to an agreement because this thread has been going for too long.
Actually, I don't, never touched it, I'm just thread-moddin' over here. Not to insult it or anything it seems pretty neat.
In my understanding Joe should get all the abilities that i listed with the exception of Fear Inducment since both of you guys seemed to disagree with it and @Armorchompy actually suggested that Joe shoud get Social Influencing instead. And we still need to decide whether the Small Building calc is acceptable or not, Both me and @Da_Lunge_Fish don't have a problem with it, but @Armorchompy give some valid points against it.
That is a correct summary IMO yeah

I feel like Social Influencing is eh. That would imply manipulating or influencing it, while Joe just causes an outburst of emotion. I can piss my dad off but that doesn't give me emotional manipulation

I feel like Social Influencing is eh. That would imply manipulating or influencing it, while Joe just causes an outburst of emotion. I can piss my dad off but that doesn't give me emotional manipulation
So do you disagree with both Social Influecing and Fear Inducement for Joe ?

Maybe you can do something like [[Social Influencing|Intimidation]] and explain how he often terrifies his opponents?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back