• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Ash vs Red (Adventures)

Status
Not open for further replies.
250px-Ash XY
521px-Red Adventures
Pokemon League Rules
Ash: Charizard, Pikachu, Sceptile, Heracross, Krookadile, Snorlax

Red: Saur, Pika, Poli, Aero, Vee, Snor

Current Votes

Ash- 4

Red- 6

Pokémon in the anime have MUCH better feats than their game/manga counterparts so Imma go with Ash.

Also, Ash is superhuman so he'd likely just rip Red's head off.

Why are you giving Red a weak as hell team.

Anyways, Ash wins this because you gape him like his strongest possible team and not Red his.

Their Pikas are about equal (I believe Red's is slightly stronger though), but you gape Ash his Zard who beat Articuno, Sceptile who beat Darkrai, and 3 other bulky Pokémon he has that have taen way more punishment than they should ever have.

HomestuckLover1 said:
Also, Ash is superhuman so he'd likely just rip Red's head off.
I laughed way too hard at this...

Anyway as for the fight, I want to say red because he is a far better character, but idk...

Pikachu942 said:
Why are you giving Red a weak as hell team.
Anyways, Ash wins this because you gape him like his strongest possible team and not Red his.

Their Pikas are about equal (I believe Red's is slightly stronger though), but you gape Ash his Zard who beat Articuno, Sceptile who beat Darkrai, and 3 other bulky Pokémon he has that have taen way more punishment than they should ever have.
This is Manga Red not Game Red, he only has 7 main Pokemon and chose a team that wouldn't have 2 water types

Actually, Red is leaps and bounds ahead of Ash in terms of strategy and tactics in a battle. I will give it to Red handily...

This is Manga Red not Game Red, he only has 7 main Pokemon and chose a team that wouldn't have 2 water types

He had Mewtwo & Articuno in the manga...I read it, I know. Red's got a strong-ass team if you give him his strongest but this team isn't gonna beat Ash.

Sheoth said:
Actually, Red is leaps and bounds ahead of Ash in terms of strategy and tactics in a battle. I will give it to Red handily...

Ash has more experince fighting all different types of trainers though, from Kanto to Kalos, while red just trains in the mountains

Ash has more experince fighting all different types of trainers though, from Kanto to Kalos, while red just trains in the mountains

Ash may have fought a diverse number of trainers, but he certainly has never shown to have learned anything from it.

Red has fought plenty of different trainers and legendaries as well, and actually incorporates strategy into his battles.

Sheoth said:
Ash may have fought a diverse number of trainers, but he certainly has never shown to have learned anything from it.
Red has fought plenty of different trainers and legendaries as well, and actually incorporates strategy into his battles.

So Red for me then?

Sheoth said:

Actually Ash does the same thing to......

Ash has more experince fighting all different types of trainers though, from Kanto to Kalos, while red just trains in the mountains Ash may have fought a diverse number of trainers, but he certainly has never shown to have learned anything from it.

Actually Ash does the same thing to......

Not to nearly the same extent as Red does though. The battles in Adventures are waaaay more fast paced and crucial than the anime battles. You need to constantly be alert and ready to make a switch or you're screwed (especially considering that the trainers themselves can be targeted in battles). They are constantly ready for everything in Adventures and rarely make careless mistakes, so they will always have some kind of plan from the get go or quickly think one up on the spot...

And I've seen plenty of the Anime; it can't even be compare to the Adventures manga...

Where does Ash's low 6-C rating come from?

...Don't tell me it is by scaling from Mewtwo...

@Sheoth: Well it has something to do with his Charizard being capable of going into it's X/Y form or something, idk.

HomestuckLover1 said:
What are the feats of Red's Pokémon? That will be what judges this. Ash's Pikachu is like multi city block level.
Red's Pikachu is of a similar level to Ash's, if not slightly stronger IMO (he helped to damage a Kyogre armor thing in the Emerald arc which was as strong or stronger than the actual thing).

Oh, and another about the Pikachu, his MegaVolt attack not only one-shotted all of Lance's Pokémon at once (all at least Town Level), but beat a LUGIA.

Red has other Pokémon he doesn't have here in the battle like Mewtwo who could compete with both Deoxys and Darkrai, and outsped a Hyper Beam.

I could get other feats but I'm lazy.

It's from Charizards fight with Articuno

Oh thank god.

Well in that case, I would still give it to red, but with much greater difficulty. Ash's Charizard was beaten by a dusclops in the same season if I recall... So whether to take the victory as an outlier or the loss as PIS I am unsure.... But since red has dealt with legendaries on multiple occasions before (and won), and has the strategy factor, I will still go with him.

Pietro Maximoff said:
Ash fought a Entei,Daraki,Latios,Articuno, all three regis, and a mega lucario, all of those using skill and stragery as well

IMO though this is a Draw
Out of all of these listed, the only ones involving any real strategy was Latios and darkrai, and even then, ash lost all of his Pokemon in both these fights. Most of these fights were basically him relying on his pokemons raw stats.

The fights in Adventures use a lot of outside the box thinking and planning. I would give scans, but that would be a HUGE pain in the ass on my current device. But y'all can take my word for it I hope...

Sheoth said:
Pietro Maximoff said:
Ash fought a Entei,Daraki,Latios,Articuno, all three regis, and a mega lucario, all of those using skill and stragery as well

IMO though this is a Draw
Out of all of these listed, the only ones involving any real strategy was Latios and darkrai, and even then, ash lost all of his Pokemon in both these fights. Most of these fights were basically him relying on his pokemons raw stats.
The fights in Adventures use a lot of outside the box thinking and planning. I would give scans, but that would be a HUGE pain in the ass on my current device. But y'all can take my word for it I hope...

You sure? Because i've watched those fights multiple times and ash used skill and stragey in those fights unless i missed something......

The entei one was literally a beam struggle half the time.

In The articuno fight, ash took quite a few risks and was somewhat reliant once again on Charizards overall stats

Pretty sure ash only fought regice against Brandon in the show (could be wrong) which was full of "you can do it pikachu!" Moments

And Latios and darkrai were the most strategic the show has gotten..

The adventure fights however, are centered around being quick, adaptable and having the best strategy and plans before and during the actual fight. Based on general skills commanding Pokemon that were displayed, I would easily give it to Red.

Sheoth said:
The entei one was literally a beam struggle half the time.
In The articuno fight, ash took quite a few risks and was somewhat reliant once again on Charizards overall stats Pretty sure ash only fought regice against Brandon in the show (could be wrong) which was full of "you can do it pikachu!" Moments And Latios and darkrai were the most strategic the show has gotten..

The adventure fights however, are centered around being quick, adaptable and having the best strategy and plans before and during the actual fight. Based on general skills commanding Pokemon that were displayed, I would easily give it to Red.

My memory must be fogged up. becasue i don't remeber any of that.....

I guess Red, reasons just like what Sheoth said. Dex Holders from Adventures (especially gen 3 onwards) are very strategic in battles. Just read FR-LG chapter and Emerald chapter and you will see how skilled and strategic Red is in PKM Battles. HG-SS chapter also shows you how strong his junior, Gold, who trained under him, is.

(Also Red was the League Champion of Kanto, and Ash...)

I would say Red, what he lacks in power he more than counters with strategy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back