• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Ash´s Pikachu Vs. Cole MacGrath redux

Bobsican

He/Him
Now that Pikachu got an upgrade, I felt like redoing the match. The beloved electric mouse from Nintendo has to fight the liked Sony electric man, because classic rivality >:)

Both at High 6-C, speed not equalized, Ash only has Pikachu and he´s supporting him as a trainer, Electrium Z is avaiable, while Pikashinium Z isn´t.

The yellow mouse

The guy from Empire City

888523-wa c mcgrath
What is this?

Ash Ketchum BW
Pika Pika!

Cole is so much stronger I'm pretty sure he stomps

He's>>>>>>>>>>>>475 Gigatons to Pika's 300

Location wpuld be a much better match

Well, it´s only a stomp when it´s over 5 times than the other as far I know, so this can still work.

Bobsican said:
Well, it´s only a stomp when it´s over 5 times than the other as far I know, so this can still work.
Cole stomps people that strong tho

Like....Assuming this isn't annAP stomp, Cole for being vastly stronger and being versatile enough to where Pikachu gets biodrained

Bobsican said:
What if speed wasn´t equalized?
Pikachu is Relativistic, that's really not going to make a more fair match

Its Incon if he can actually hurt Cole which IDK and a stomp if he can

Switch Pikachu with Lucario

If speed wasn't equalized then the result barely changes. Cole is an experienced fighter, and it's only a matter of time before Cole catches Pikachu and obliterates it. Pikachu can work alone effectively, but without a trainer, it's still much less effective.

There's also a shit ton of abilities Cole has that he can use to stop Pikachu from doing anything.

Basically, by unequalizing speed, you only prolong the inveitable.

Doesn´t Pikachu resists electricity draining as he has survived hits that drained most of it at the beginning of every new gen?

He does, but that doesn't take away from the fact that Cole still has an arsenal of abilities to **** Pikachu front, back, sideways, and upside-down. Upon being more skilled, he has an AP advantage and he gets stronger as he fights. So basically, if Pikachu attempts to rush in, Pikachu dies. If Pikachu prolongs the fight to try and tire him out, Pikachu dies.

Lose-lose situation.

Maybe he can overcharge him with his Z-Move? Oh, and as this seems to be properly needed, I think I´ll unequalize speed now.

Oh, and Pikachu can still reflect back some of Cole´s attack with Iron Tail.

Pikachu isn't reflecting much back considering the AP advantage. Overcharging him with the z-move is unlikely due absorption+resistence. Besides, "overcharging" Cole is a REALLY bad idea considering he can produce an unlimited amount of electricity while he is overcharged.

Basically that means what little time Pikachu has left is quartered, then halved, then quartered again.

Pikachu is more likely 2 or 3 shotted then 1 shotted, but for one. Pikachu literally cannot win this due to Cole's resurrection, and Pikachu has no way to decapitate him. The longer he fights with Pikachu the better he'll become in battle. He also could potentially one shot Pikachu by catching Pikachu charging up a powerful attack and then draining all of the electricity and life energy from his body, thus killing. Anything Pikachu CAN throw at Cole will get reflected via shockwaves. Then another way Cole can one shot is ignoring durability via his explosion manipulation. If Pikachu gets too close, then gravity manip will just slam pikachu over and over against the ground.

That's just half of what Cole can do to **** over Pikachu. This could be quite possibly the worst matchup Pikachu could have. If that's not enough to make it evident that this is a clear stomp in Cole's favor, then I'll continue.

1: Pikachu can decapitate Cole with a well-aimed Iron Tail, plus his Z-Move has 4-B AP, something that would likely fall as a NLF to assume that Cole can tank that, he can also use Leer to lower his defense.

2: The 4-B thing I already said should bring his electricity levels back to normal, and that is leaving at a side how likely the move can hit Cole at such close range, then again, his Z-Move is really the only thing that needs charging

3: He can use Electroweb to reduce the effectiveness of those moves.

1. Cole has higher durability, so Pikachu's iron tail isn't doing anything, especially when Cole can just reflect it and absorb the kinetic energy.

2. Your "4-B feat" is ridiculous. For one, it would be stated on the profile. Two, this is Pikachu (Anime), and you linked a game character to justify a z-move with 4-B AP.

3. Electroweb only lowers speed. And again, Cole could just reflect that. Or absorb the electricity.

1: Fine then.

2: "10,000,000 Volt Thunderbolt: A Z-Move, so far only seen once, when Ash's Electrium-Z temporarily turned into Pikashium-Z. Pikachu jumps up in the air (after a small routine) and fires many powerful multicolored bolts of electricity at the target. This move was strong enough to one-shot Merged Lusamine."

It´s basically stated that it´s 4-B

3: That´s only in-game, it can also trap stuff in canon.

1. Pikachu would require the z-crystal and trainer to use it, which he doesn't have, as seen by standard equipment.

This is also a gigantic outlier, among other things, so I'll be making a CRT on that soon.

2. Electroweb could still be deflected. Or Cole could just absorb the electricity from it and break free.

3. Even if the attack was 4-B, it's explicitly stated that Pikachu jumps up in the air after a small routine. That's more then enough time for Cole to drain enough life energy from Pikachu and kill him, or outright interrupt the process.

EVEN IF Pikachu could use some ridiculous 4-B z-move, Cole has resurrection that Pikachu can't overcome, and Z-moves can only be used once. So Pikachu STILL doesn't win even with that.

TBH Cole's ressurection isn't that good.

He can't ressurect from a 4B attack after exploding

I think you may have mixed up the numbers, but whatever:

1: He doesn´t because Ash is the one that holds it for him; Ash isn´t going to be the one fighting too by the way, as per that one rule:

"It should be noted that Tamers are generally not treated as targets or fighters during the matches their team is in. The Trainer/Tamer/etc loses once all their available team members are defeated."

- Vs. Thread rules.

Oh, and there are no counterfeats that make it an outlier, as it was a special move he only used once so far.

2: Pikachu still gets some free time.

3: Cole can´t attack or defend himself while ressurecting himself, so Pikachu can just use Iron Tail to decapitate him or maybe even throw him to a body of water, as he can´t swim.

1. You need to clarify that Ash is battling with Pikachu, otherwise he can't use the z-move.

2. Pikachu's free time would be negligible as Cole would literally reflect it right back at him.

3. I was overestimating his resurrection, but Cole wouldn't immediately lose his durability after death so that still wouldn't work. The water might, but that implies Pikachu is intelligent enough to do that by himself. You also haven't specified a location so for all we know they could be in a desert.

And finally. Even if Ash is included, I hope you see the problem with allowing a 4-B z-move in this match.

1: As no votes have been done anyways, I think it´s the right thing to do.

2: Fine then.

3: Ash and Pikachu are likely smart enough to think about that.

As per SBA, the match is done in Central Park, New York City.

1. Specify that then

3. Ash is a resourceful child that's true, but Pikachu still has to deal with an AP advantage and most of his attacks being reflected or absorbed or shrugged off. He also has to deal with getting slammed repeatedly by gravity manip if he gets close.

Cole could also just wait until Ash, a child in the fight of his life, makes a mistake and Pikachu is vulnerable. Then he one shots with durability negating explosion manip.

Fixed the grammar, by the way, because I feel like you´re writing something long right now.

Profile is a bit ambiguous on the range, but a safe bet is several kilometers as his profile says. So...Pikachu has a hard time doing much and Ash would likely recognize that ranged attacks are his best bet. Seeing as Pikachu's only ranged moves are his 4-B z-move which should be restricted due to this otherwise being a stomp and electric type attacks, Cole gets to take the offensive and pretty much obliterate Pikachu with superior AP and experience. Keep in mind that Cole likely has Kessler's centuries of experience and knowledge, so he's smarter and stronger then Ash and Pikachu. So not only does Ash's only option end up HELPING Cole, Cole can close the distance via semi flight and planned attacks.

I just noticed something.

I bothered calculating the speed, and assuming Cole is high-end MHS+ and Pikachu was baseline Relativistic, Pikachu is about 440 times faster than Cole.

Shouldn´t that turn the table?

That makes it a LOT harder for Cole yes, but at this point, it would just be Cole brushing off Pikachu's attacks and eventually (emphasis on eventually because it would likely take a long time and a damage to build up for) adapting to his speed.

Ash could take advantage of this and have Pikachu destroy buildings, but Cole can use the rubble as projectiles which is a worst case scenario for Ash and Pikachu.

So ultimately, while the battle probably isn't a complete and utter stomp, it is still a decisive victory for Cole.

As Cole adapting to Pikachu´s speed would take likely at least an hour, Pikachu should start losing stamina by then, which means that he´ll start using other moves, eventually leading to his Z-Move soon.

Again, Pikachu has often reflected builders and even meteors with Iron Tail.

Cole can definitely last for an hour when Pikachu's main attacking move is electricity. Again, I don't think I need to explain why allowing a 4-B level attack in this match is flawed, and its status as a 4-B attack is up for question in my CRT.

Again, Pikachu is going to have a hard time deflecting things from someone with a higher AP then him. He's not deflecting projectiles that are explicitly strengthened from Cole's ability. In fact, that's an easy way to get crippled and lose stamina easily, thus losing the only advantage Pikachu has over cole, being speed.

You already did a CRT for that? Fine, so it may be checked.

Pikachu can still trap the boulders with Electroweb or break them apart with Electro Ball and even just avoid them with Quick Attack, which are ways that drain his stamina far less.

Trapping the boulders mid air is very unlikely. His best bet is to dodge the barrage of projectiles Cole will be sending. Pikachu might be able to break them apart given enough time to spam electro ball, but again, that's a risk not worth taking. Dodging them with quick attack is his best bet.

At the end of the day, after the long battle when Cole does eventually adapt to his speed. Pikachu will be tired, Ash will be fresh out of ideas, and by that point, with all of the city destroyed. There's gonna be nothing stopping Cole from tearing Pikachu in half.

(Can we just appreciate for a moment that the electric rat would put up this much of a fight.)

Knowning Ash, it´s to be expected that he will use the Z-Move as a last resort, but at this point, it´s more like who hits who first.. There´s also Double Team, which could help Pikachu confuse Cole, as there would be a bunch of Pikachu clones spamming the same move along with him, also increasing his evasion of attacks in the process. Screw the Double Team part, I don´t remember Pikachu using that move at all.

(this battle turned even more epic than what I expected)

I'm suggesting that the 4-B Pikashium Z should be restricted due to it making Cole explode while he attempts to absorb it. There's also just something about 1 side having a 4-B attack while the other doesn't in a 6-C match that scratches me the wrong way. Normal Electrium Z is fair game, in which you have a point about destroying projectiles.

Back