• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Articuno vs Beast

Flight alone makes Beast useless, then absolute zero. Atoms stop moving at AZ, thus GG Beast until it wears off (if it does), which will incapacitate him per SBA.

That's not John, nor has he done anything like that. Cole doesn't have flight either, he has thrusters against Beast. And no it's not resistance, Articuno can freeze to AZ temps (though he also has resistance, yes).

It's a dude with all the Beasts powers, if you're telling me he can't do the same. You're wrong.

Black Hole teleport handles flight just fine.

Then why is Absolute Zero placed after his resistance and not on his profile before hand?

Resistance to Bug and Grass Type moves[,] Absolute Zero.

That's a simple evil karma lightning strike, and false equivalence. What Cole can do =/= what John can do.

Psuedo black hole teleportation won't matter because all his atoms would be incapable of movement.

No offense, but me doing something with powers someone else gave me and then not being able to do it what I just did is the furthest thing from false equivalency, in fact, it's literally common sense. I give you powers I have, you do something with said powers I gave you, I can do the same.

Beasts leads with RSBs and the blasts AOE goes into the air, flights not helpful there.

That's clearly an evil karma lightning strike. Can John use Cole's powers? No? Moving on then.

When did he lead with RSBs in any instance that he fought Cole?

Unite My Rice said:
That's clearly an evil karma lightning strike. Can John use Cole's powers? No? Moving on then.
Yes, in pretty much every fight if I remember correctly.

Unite My Rice said:

<Any instance that he fought Cole

<Cole is literally immune to Ray Sphere energy

Anyway,

1. Lead with it in Empire City after reforming, (Albeit he wasn't really in control of himself beforehand)

2. First move in Mew Marais

3. First move when he and Cole teamed up

4. All of this makes sense, since he is using it to create as many conduits as possible.

Anyway, allow me to cast my vote.

Inconclusive, it's who his first, leading RSBs that spread upwards and are far to big range wise for Articuno to avoid by flying away immediately.

Now, Articuno can just lead with Absolute Zero and have a chance at hitting first, or just punch Beast and force him to regenerate, making it easier to apply said ABZ, but Beast leading with RSB can kill him and unless people can show me what he leads with, Articuno dies.

EDIT: He leads with Ice, inconclusive

Articuno always leads with freezing moves, which have shown to freeze mountains for an indefinite period of time. With the AP gap, AZ isn't really needed, as Articuno's normal ice is good enough.

Okay.

Let me word this better.

Beast has been hit with Ice attacks before against Cole, they're effective against him, but he can still fight while getting frozen.

And again, Beast leads with RSBs that Articuno can't avoid, at best it's inconclusive.

No it didn't, you're acting like John blitzes Articuno on a speed equal match. Articuno uses mind reader then follows with sheer cold before John thinks about it.

Also, getting hit with ice moves =/= being frozen entirely, another false equivalence.

I'm saying he gets detonated by an RFB if he attempts to fly out of range.

SBA makes them both in range to attack eachother. And what's faster, just going "Boom" and an explosion going off? Or flapping your wings and taking flight.

Never once said he "blitzes Articuno" I'm using what literally every matchup where two characters use a move at the start.

Yeah, Rice says what Beast & Cole have is barley flight especially on the level of articuno who fights way in the air naturally anyways. He freezes beast casually from a distance or if hes anywhere close.

I repeat my previous.

He gets his insides turned into Neuro Electricity as he takes flight.

When the two are using their moves at the start of the match seeing what comes next is worthless.

Oh, it starts with sheer cold? So it doesn't take flight immediately?

>Implying a bird would be perched on the ground

>reading his mind to see what he does so he can attack before he does it is worthless

Ok Gargoyle.

Even when it's just lounging around at home in the Seafoam Islands, it's flying. When Red lets it out of its Pokeball, he lets it out in the air, because it's already flying.

So he starts the fight already out of range. KK

Missed my point entirely, picture this, two people start with an attack the literal moment the fight starts, how does you seeing what he does when he already doing it as the fight starts meaningful?

Back