• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Armorchompy Revises Random Old Games Pt. 2 - Sonic Blast Man

Status
Not open for further replies.

Armorchompy

He/Him
VS Battles
Thread Moderator
Calculation Group
First one was Zero Wing, btw

Anyway yeah this is a series now and by that I mean there's like two more planned maybe

Today I bring you Koei's Sonic Blast Man, a trio of arcade punching games (like, you punch a paddle and the game tells you the strength of that punch with some cutscenes going on depending on if you punched hard enough) that also had two SNES beat 'em ups, not to be confused with Sonic the Hedgehog, his Game Gear game Sonic Blast, or his Genesis/Mega Drive/Saturn game Sonic 3D Blast.

A fun fact is that both the first and second Sonic Blast Man puncher games had to be retired from arcades because people got hurt by using them without the padded gloves and sued KOEI, which is kinda funny since the games straight-up warn you not to do that. Anyway. SBM 1 on the SNES is a pretty boring beat 'em up, I don't recommend it, it's kinda slow, but the second game is actually fairly fun! Not on the level of the best beat 'em ups of the time like Streets of Rage 2 or Turtles in Time, but it's a fun 40-ish minutes.

Anyway, here's the reworked profile. Pretty strong for this kinda game but he is a Superman pastiche, so that does check out.

Last edited:
also i might add references and an attacks gallery, idk

edit: did refs

Last edited:
I totally agree with this profile.

Actually, your revisions of old games are something I am always dream of (giving old games more love) but failed to do. I expect more such revisions from you in the future.

The interesting thing is that the justification of possibly Inorganic Physiology
Type 2: The Sonic Blast Man arcade flier describes him as "A MACHINE DEDICATED TO PEACE"
since it could also be interrupted as description of his devotion to peace, "possibly" is suitable.

Actually, your revisions of old games are something I am always dream of (giving old games more love) but failed to do.
Knock yourself out
I expect more such revisions from you in the future.
Just two are planned for now, but who knows.
The interesting thing is that the justification of possibly Inorganic Physiology

since it could also be interrupted as description of his devotion to peace, "possibly" is suitable.
It could also just be about the arcade machine itself, honestly

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back