• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
what is the ap of Ares? mundus = argosax the despair >> argosax the chaos> = the Qlhinton = GoE >>>>> base line.

and that prevents mundus from destroying his soul with each attack

There is no evidence that Argosax the Chaos is more powerful than the Qliphoth. The baseline for 3-A on DMC is Argosax >> Chaos = baseline 3-A (merging the two worlds).

Ares is considerably above Helios, whose power is in turn capable of defeating Primordial Gods, who can create universes through mere punches quite singlehandedly.

Helios's power was also shown to be capable of severely damaging, and eventually destroying, the World Pillar, which would have led to the complete destruction of the entire God of War universe.

So:

Ares >> Helios > Primordials = 3-A

Argosax (Despair Embodied) >> The Chaos = 3-A.

Ares likely has an advantage.

The demonic world is bigger than the human world by an unknown distance (2-3X is the minimum) all feats 3A are casual and when I refer to GoE I mean the god of evil the first king of the demonic world

Argosax the Chaos is a weakened form of the true Despair Embodied, there's no particular evidence he scales to the original God of Evil, especially considering the fact that Mundus needed to eat the fruit of the Qliphoth to kill him.

Ares is much stronger than Gods like Helios, who could defeat the likes of Nyx and Ouranos, who could create universes as side-effects of being punched. He is quite up there.

In terms of hax, Ares can pull his own Mundus and create a dimension where he is God. Kratos only managed to defeat him at all because he pulled Kratos and him out of the dimension after he believed Kratos to have been finished by the mindhax, at which point the Spartan regained control of his senses and overpowered him in sword-to-sword combat.

Also, Mundus has no resistance to being powernulled, which Ares can do to him quite easily.

Paradox is right, GOW scaling is very steep, to the point to where Zeus can one shot the rest of the verse. Helios is actually considered a weak god, and he has impressive feats, and ares is way above him.

DMC AP scalling is also very powerful, well, DMC5 Dante and GOW3 Kratos were comparable in their battle in terms of AP. Which means Mundus would get one shoted to oblivion against someone like Zeus

Well, what is Ares starting move ?

Dante Demon Killah said:
DMC AP scalling is also very powerful, well, DMC5 Dante and GOW3 Kratos were comparable in their battle in terms of AP. Which means Mundus would get one shoted to oblivion against someone like Zeus
Well, what is Ares starting move ?
Telekinesis most likely if I were to say.

Don't know if it sclaes to his lifting strength, but I do know he uses it quite a lot. I think the biggest thing Mundus has to worry about is if Ares pulls him into his pocket dimension. I know mundus has some powerful reality warping considering what he did on mallet island, but if he gets pulled into the pocket dimension, we don't know if ares has any limits to what he can do inside.

Dante Demon Killah said:
To avoid Mundus' movements ? Because if it scales to Ares Lifting Strength, Mundus is done for
Ares uses it for multiple reasons. Which one he would use I am not sure.

>Ares is much stronger than Gods like Helios, who could defeat the likes of Nyx and Ouranos, who could create universes as side-effects of being punched. He is quite up there.

I dunno man, doing the same feat with a bigger universe by existing alone makes me think it's better than getting punched to make the feat.

>In terms of hax, Ares can pull his own Mundus and create a dimension where he is God. Kratos only managed to defeat him at all because he pulled Kratos and him out of the dimension after he believed Kratos to have been finished by the mindhax, at which point the Spartan regained control of his senses and overpowered him in sword-to-sword combat.

Pretty sure that was Reality Warping to which Mundus is resistant.

>Also, Mundus has no resistance to being powernulled, which Ares can do to him quite easily.

I played the game a long time ago and maybe this is from another source or a game I didn't played but, when did he used Power Null in a battle?

Tony di bugalu said:
Kepekley23 said:
^ He stole Kratos's powers for himself.
In the first game?
100% As soon as he pulled kratos into his pocket dimension he stripped him of his blades and power. He explicitly states this saying "And you rejected me, a God! Now you will have no power, no magic, all that is left for you if death!"

Obi2cool4kenobi said:
Paradox is right, GOW scaling is very steep, to the point to where Zeus can one shot the rest of the verse. Helios is actually considered a weak god, and he has impressive feats, and ares is way above him.
IIRC correctly, the GoW scaling chain had a few more people between Ares and baseline. I could be wrong but it was something like:

Ares> Helios> Hermes> Titans> Primordials>>> Baseline 3-A. And yes, he uses power null to strip Kratos of his powers and magic after torturing him in his pocket dimension.

Planck69 said:
Obi2cool4kenobi said:
IIRC correctly, the GoW scaling chain had a few more people between Ares and baseline. I could be wrong but it was something like:
Ares> Helios> Hermes> Titans> Primordials>>> Baseline 3-A. And yes, he uses power null to strip Kratos of his powers and magic after torturing him in his pocket dimension.
Ares is something like Ares>>Helios if I remember correctly. If I am correct, the full chain would be Kratos>=Zeus>>>Poseidon=Hades>=Atlas>=Kronos>>Ares I am most likely wrong though since it's been a while since i've seen the full scale. I would consult someone who knows the full scale for reassurance.

Fairly sure Kronos isn't that much more powerful than Ares (if he's even stronger). From what I remember Ares, Atlas and Kronos should be around the same level of strength. Poseidon should be more powerful than Hades though not by much. You're right about Ares being considerably more powerful than Helios now that I think about it. And the Gods are more powrfful than most of the Titans, who are in-turn more powerful than all of the Primordials.

Planck69 said:
Fairly sure Kronos isn't that much more powerful than Ares (if he's even stronger). From what I remember Ares, Atlas and Kronos should be around the same level of strength. Poseidon should be more powerful than Hades though not by much. You're right about Ares being considerably more powerful than Helios now that I think about it. And the Gods are more powrfful than most of the Titans, who are in-turn more powerful than all of the Primordials.
Not true, Ares is nowhere close to the big three, at all. Kronos and Atlas are just as powerful as poseidon and hades as well, because if they weren't then the great war wouldn't have lasted centuries.

"(Is the mightiest Olympia after Zeus, Poseido and Hades" That was on ares" profile as well. Atlas is just a tiny bit more powerful in terms of physical strength, but kronos is more powerful in magic.

Obi2cool4kenobi said:
Not true, Ares is nowhere close to the big three, at all. Kronos and Atlas are just as powerful as poseidon and hades as well, because if they weren't then the great war wouldn't have lasted centuries.

"(Is the mightiest Olympia after Zeus, Poseido and Hades" That was on ares" profile as well. Atlas is just a tiny bit more powerful in terms of physical strength, but kronos is more powerful in magic.
Dude, the cut-scenes showed us Hades bullying Kronos. Followed by Poseidon bullying Atlas. I definitely agree that Ares isn't as powerful as the big three but he isn't lagging that far behind the two Titans either. And even Hermes was briefly shown fighting Titans in the first war and he's definitely below Ares.

How about: Kratos> Zeus>>>> Poseidon> Hades>> Atlas>= Kronos>= Ares>> Helios> Hermes>Normal Titans >Primordials> Baseline 3-A.

What do you think?

Obi2cool4kenobi said:
Like I said, I don't know the full scale, but I would reckon that we both have it wrong.
I guess. All we know is that the higher-end Gods scale above quite a few Titans who scale above most of the Primordials. The details can get a bit muddled between those ends though.

Neither Hades nor Poseidon are stronger than Atlas. They had to team up to defeat him. At best they're comparable, considering Ares's rating comes from him scaling to Helios (who was rather effortlessly defeated and kidnapped by a weakened Atlas)

Kepekley23 said:
Neither Hades nor Poseidon are stronger than Atlas. They had to team up to defeat him. At best they're comparable, considering Ares's rating comes from him scaling to Helios (who was rather effortlessly defeated and kidnapped by a weakened Atlas)
So is there a full chain?

Back