• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
But Loki is an illusionist as well. Loki was still absolutely nothing to Hela. Also Ares may be the god of war, but Hela is no stranger to combat, and was conquering realms before the humans even acknowledged the Arsgardians as gods.

1) Loki is 8-A 2) I didn't claim that 3) Ares is a tleast 30,000 years old and probably far older as he was there when Zeus created the human race, compare that to Hela who cannot be any older then 5000 years due to Odin's statement that Asgardians only live for 5000 years in The Dark World (whch Hela is clearly nowhere near)

Oh. They only live for 5,000 years? Well then Ares does have a considerable experience advantage. Also I know Loki is weak, but his illusions still never confused Hela (I know he didn't try them against her, but he probably would have if he thought it would work).

I still think Hela would win, though I concede that Ares should be the better fighter.

Hellbeast1 said:
Aside from the fact that it is stated both on his page here and the fact he is listed as deceased on the official MCU wiki along with their being like no chance he could have survved?
Please provide source that the MCU wiki is written by the movie writers or officials that were given the go signal to do so. Any less means that the MCU wiki doesn't hold much water in this discussion, as there was no mention, implication or any hint at all that Surtur died.

He just wasn't shown at all.

Didn't Surtur say that he was doomed to live eternally until Asgard was destroyed? And didn't that gigantic explosion not only kill Hela, but Surtur as well? I mean, after the explosion occured we don't even see a flicker of Surt's flame or form.

Also we should limit the surt discusison here, as I feel like the focus of the thread is beginning to shift form Ares and Hela to if Surt survived Asgard's destruction.

Probably Ares. Hela may have been more powerful than Thor at his most powerful but Ares was able to kill all the other gods in his universe, including Zeus. So he killed several gods and Hela only outmatched one. Ares is also more intelligent and manipulative.

@Sppople

No offense, but that is a really bad argument. The gods are from different universes and therefore have different power levels. Killing one god who happens to be this guy is a lot more impressive than killing thousands of this guy. Also Hela slaughtered thousands of Asgardians, who are revered as gods by the humans. So by that logic, Hela wins.

Vivec the warrior-poet said:
Ares due to having better abilities.
Hela due to having better abilities.

But in all honestly what abilities? You have to be specific for your vote to be counted. If you agree with the aforementioned reasons you can always say FRA.

I was not truly saying she does, I was saying that to say how pointless "X character due to having better abilities" is without specifying what you mean. Considering you seem confused about my statement I think the point is proven.

@Assaltwaffle It's a pretty simple and obvious reasoning, i don't get why you got pissed.

But since you want me to elaborate:

Ares: Telekinesis, Matter Manipulation, Lightning Manipulation, Flight, illusion creation, and supwerhuman stats

Hela: Superhuman stats and sword throwing.

Lol. Hela has Superhuman Physical Characteristics, Longevity, Regenerationn (At least Mid-Low. Completely unfazed after being stabbed by an Einherjar's sword and Gungnir), Weapon Mastery, Martial Arts (Even superior to Valkyrie and Thor), Statistics Amplification (Able to draw power from Asgard), Necromancy (With the Eternal Flame), Earth Manipulation (Can manipulate Asgard's ground and generate large spiked structures), Limited Telekinesis (Can manipulate her weapons to an extent), Limited Matter Manipulation, (Able to manifest an extremely high number of incredibly sharp and durable weapons from her body. Can also materialize her helmet), Portal Creation

She doesn't have portal creation, she needed Heimdall's sword to travel to other worlds, it's a pretty big part of the plot of the movie.

Longlevity is not a battle factor, and Ares is probably older so make what you want from that.

Ares has Regenerationn as well.

Martial arts and weapon mastery are good but Ares is the god of war and he did battle Diana who had been training for a few thousand years.

Are's matter manipulation is far superior to Hela's, all she can do is make a helmet and a few blades (and the helmet is pretty much useless), Ares created his full body, multiple weapons such as sword and a chain.

She can only manipulate her weapons (in an extremely limited way, she was pretty much telekinetically throwing them) nothing else with her "telekinesis", while Ares showed some extremely good feats with this power.(like overpowering Wonder Woman with it)

She literally first showed up after Odin died, coming from a portal. If she was trapped there, then there likely isn't anything in Hel that can make portals.

If anything, it's the same dark magic Odin used to send Thor to Earth. Usable on its lonesome, but is too much hassle to feasibly use many times, especially when there's a perfectly functional wormhole creator nearby.

Hela creates her blades. Lots, and lots, and lots of blades. She was literally spinning and blades were popping out and away from parts of her body. There's also using the earth itself from underneath the water to stab a Sakaarian warship that survived the Devil's Anus that Banner likened to a neutron star inside an Einstein-Rosen bridge.

you mean like every movie ever? the moped was probably magical too right? What would be the point of teleporting to different parts of the universe just to asgardify souvenir

He affectionately called it Des and Troy. Why not? Especially when it's vastly inferior to his own durability.

He collects stuff to show off.

Vivec the warrior-poet said:
She doesn't have portal creation, she needed Heimdall's sword to travel to other worlds, it's a pretty big part of the plot of the movie.
Longlevity is not a battle factor, and Ares is probably older so make what you want from that.

Ares has Regenerationn as well.

Martial arts and weapon mastery are good but Ares is the god of war and he did battle Diana who had been training for a few thousand years.

Are's matter manipulation is far superior to Hela's, all she can do is make a helmet and a few blades (and the helmet is pretty much useless), Ares created his full body, multiple weapons such as sword and a chain.

She can only manipulate her weapons (in an extremely limited way, she was pretty much telekinetically throwing them) nothing else with her "telekinesis", while Ares showed some extremely good feats with this power.(like overpowering Wonder Woman with it)

She needed the sword to bring the entire army. So you can at best argue that she has limited portal creation.

Hela's Regenerationn is better. Ares was barely coming back from the the hits serious Diana was giving.

Being the god of war means nothing. Hela has better combat showings and scaling. Diana was struggling with the general and was beating knocked around by Ares until she becam fully realized. Hela took on tens of soldiers who all have super human stats. She also took on the Valkries all at once, all of whom should scale to Thor wihtout the hammer based on Brunhilde keeping up with him.

Ares matter manipulation is glorified telekinessis at best. He made an armor and weapons out of the stuff that's already there. Hela can make swords after swords after swords out of nothing. Ares is going to be limited to the things around him.

You make some fair points my friend though there are several things that i think dont make sense 1)I agree with you on the regen point as we have no idea how badly Zeus messed him up.

2) Ares is a far more experienced combatant for reason i already proved (Ares possibly being 600,000 years old really helps). And to add fuel to the fire Diana is a far older and more well trained character then Thor (she's 5000 years old, which is 4000 years older then MCU! Thor), and even then it was clear Ares was holding back for a good portion of the fight since he wanted her on his side. Hela did take out several superhumans but Ares took out the entirety of the Greek Pantheon and stalemated Zeus ( someone closer to Odin in power).

3) We then have the Matter Manip which is a valid point but it should be noted he could also manipulate the metal of his armor (notably to create a whip from his arm guards) and potentially he could manipulate Hela's swords with his Matter Manipulation and TK not to count his other abilities.

Age doesn't exactly translate as skill, and portrayal-wise, Ares isn't much above Hela. In fact, I'm leaning more on Hela in outright cqc, though Ares has more abilities to utilize.

Hela took on the entirity of Asgard's fighting force that was there at the time, including their warboats, as well as was the Valkyries in a flashback. I'd have to ask if Ares can manipulate metals of unknown origin and enchantments like Hela's.

All in all, I'm leaning more to Hela in this fight.

With both at 6-C, I'm leaning towards Hela for having better combat showings, combined with impressive durability and Regenerationn showings, that will make it very difficult for Ares to keep her down.

I give it to Hela, since everything she did on the movie was casual. She also easily destroyed Mjolnir, which was forged inside a dying star.

Also, she appears to be above Ares in combat experience, which may be ironical, but since she matched all the Valkyries alone.. since they should be at least comparable to Valkyrie herself, it would make them a great threat, likely comparable (or superior) to the amazons. She also defeated all of Asgard's army alone, including their spacial warships.

I vote for Ares, because Ares has something called Violence Empowerment (which mean violence, hatred, rage, bloodshed and death to render Ares more and more powerful). For example, during the War of the Gods, Ares's power was enhanced enough to allow him to slay every other Olympian God, and evenly fight against Zeus himself, ultimately winning. And during World War I, every time Wonder Woman attempted to fight Ares with violence, the God of War maintained the upper hand (the violence, hatred, devastation, and rage of Wonder Woman only making Ares more powerful), only losing when Wonder Woman understood and utilized the power of love against him instead.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back