• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.

MrKerf

He/Him
Aka my stupidity took over my body.

Once upon a time, running around Mobius, Sonic encounters an old man. The man pleades for help, asks to "slay The Dragon, which is wreaking havoc and rampage across the stars".
Curious, Sonic agrees...

This is Ultra Sonic and Extended Canon SCP-682.

Sonic has prior knowledge.
Battle takes place somewhere in the cosmos.
Victory by Incapitation only (since... you know).

The Dragon:
The Hero of Everything:
Inconclusive:
EXBkHzGWoAIHSYJ

FSMuF9ZXwAIH8vd

Bruh. Extended Canon isn't Tier 0.
Although I maybe started sweating for a sec.

Bruh. Extended Canon isn't Tier 0.
Although I maybe started sweating for a sec.
EC 682 is a avatar of a tier 0 being who has tier 0 immortality.

Anyways, since Archie Sonic does have prior knowledge in this case. Can he do something to incap 682 for 24 hours without making him adapt to it?

That's why Incapitation.

I was mainly looking at Empathetic and Morality Manipulation which 682 doesn't resist naturally, and it would take time to adapt to.

That's why Incapitation.

I was mainly looking at Empathetic and Morality Manipulation which 682 doesn't resist naturally, and it would take time to adapt to.
How does Sonic's empathetic and morality manipulation work?

Oh yeah, forgot 682 has a memetic effect that makes people really wanna kill him regredless.

Can Archie Sonic resist that?

This is not 6820. He has 4 keys, I am using second one. Passive mind manipulation applies only to his abstract self, which is not here.

I'm going with SCP-682 here.

All abilities Sonic has are nothing SCP-682 hasn't dealt with: Empathic and Morality Manipulation as a subset of Mind Manipulation, Conceptual Manipulation, EE, etc.

So 682 would adapt and kill Sonic or use his own powers against him

So, reading through SCP-682's profile,

Archie Pre-Gen would stomp with FateHax alone, if that is in the air.

Other than, Power Ring BFR in the Super Forms.

Alright, I'll at least try addressing some things as to why it isn't a stomp.
The key has up to 1-A Reactive evolution,Adaptation and power absorption.
Exactly. It can adapt to such things, read 682's AP description for clarification. It is not 1-A by default.
It "varies [...] via Reactive Evolution, Adaptation, and Power Absorption."
All abilities Sonic has are nothing SCP-682 hasn't dealt with: Empathic and Morality Manipulation as a subset of Mind Manipulation, Conceptual Manipulation, EE, etc.
May be true, idk. Tagging Weekly here, but to my knowledge the only instance of 682 being affected by Morality manip he didn't resist (SCP-999 aka orange blob). And Sonic's Morality Manipulation doesn't work by affecting mind.
Archie Pre-Gen would stomp with FateHax alone, if that is in the air.

Other than, Power Ring BFR in the Super Forms.
That's why wincon is Incapitation only. BFR doesn't work on 682 and Sonic can teleport anyway, Fate prevents death of Sonic and 682 can't die, but Fate Hax doesn't prevent Incapitation as happen multiple times (at least one time for sure). His weaknesses state it as well.

May be true, idk. Tagging Weekly here, but to my knowledge the only instance of 682 being affected by Morality manip he didn't resist (SCP-999 aka orange blob). And Sonic's Morality Manipulation doesn't work by affecting mind.
682 adapted to 999 afterwards and copied its pacification, so I think he can adapt to a different variation now that it has that power.

682 adapted to 999 afterwards and copied its pacification, so I think he can adapt to a different variation now that it has that power.
He didn't adapt. He woke up only after 999 was removed (stopped affecting him). Also that wave of energy was a display of his power absorption, but he still was affected.

He didn't adapt. He woke up only after 999 was removed (stopped affecting him). Also that wave of energy was a display of his power absorption, but he still was affected.
Think its because 999's power would grow exponentially to one day defeat the Scarlet King hence 682 not adapting much to a hax that almost borders baseline High 1-A.

Think its because 999's power would grow exponentially to one day defeat the Scarlet King hence 682 not adapting much to a hax that almost borders baseline High 1-A.
I don't know..? Not enough proof I think. Does extended canon of 999 (that he is a child of SK) applies to 682? I am not so sure. From the looks of it the 999 extended lore is from one specific tale. From 2, technically, but they are from different authors, not sure.

I don't know..? Not enough proof I think. Does extended canon of 999 (that he is a child of SK) applies to 682? I am not so sure. From the looks of it the 999 extended lore is from one specific tale. From 2, technically, but they are from different authors, not sure.
It isn't extended canon for nothing, granted, 682 and 053 also seem to get along as well, though it's mostly due to 053 being the literal personification of Death as she would exist as a manifestation of the four horseman of the apocalypse along with the avatar of SCP-4260 being the embodiment of death.

It isn't extended canon for nothing, granted, 682 and 053 also seem to get along as well, though it's mostly due to 053 being the literal personification of Death as she would exist as a manifestation of the four horseman of the apocalypse along with the avatar of SCP-4260 being the embodiment of death.
Man, the extended canon is weird. I'll ask Sir of Ovens.

Yeah no, you're likely not overwriting 682's morality anytime soon, at least not in a capacity that would count as a victory condition. 682 is the concept of hatred; if you want to affect its morality you would have to affect 6820-A. Any morality hax Sonic tries to pull will likely work for a couple of minutes before being adapted to and used against him.

Also Swann cannot even dictate 682's future, so there's no way in hell Sonic is fate haxing it.

I don't suppose if Sonic's Fate hax could give Sonic a way to incap 682 for a long period of time then? Unless you actually need high 1-A fatehax to do that.

Yeah no, you're likely not overwriting 682's morality anytime soon, at least not in a capacity that would count as a victory condition. 682 is the concept of hatred; if you want to affect its morality you would have to affect 6820-A. Any morality hax Sonic tries to pull will likely work for a couple of minutes before being adapted to and used against him.

Also Swann cannot even dictate 682's future, so there's no way in hell Sonic is fate haxing it.
I do remember the SCP-5000 entity being a source of his hatred as well. Of course, Sonic could possibly never affect that but still.

How can Swann not dictate his future if the entire universe is canonically fictional?

Also, say... applying same logic as above, since we're trying to incap 682 not kill, what Elixir said is correct? Would it be possible to indirectly affect 682 by Plot? He doesn't seem to passivly **** the entire reality by being contained, for example.

I guess you could argue that 682 just up and leaves the area? Most 682 fights with it that don't inevitably end in the other guy dying has it just leave them alone. However you must understand that those fights were against people why fought 682 physically and did not trigger its more hax adaptations. If Sonic opens with hax, 682 will counter with hax.

How can Swann not dictate his future if the entire universe is canonically fictional?

Also, say... applying same logic as above, since we're trying to incap 682 not kill, what Elixir said is correct? Would it be possible to indirectly affect 682 by Plot? He doesn't seem to passivly **** the entire reality by being contained, for example.
Basically, Swann can write a story with 682 in it and conclude it however they like. However, within the actual Narrative, 682 is just not doing whatever it was written to do. It just actively resists any change in its own Narrative. But from the perspective of Swann, the Narrative is exactly as they wrote it; only when you enter the Narrative and see the story play out in real time will you see that it's drastically different.

You just cannot affect 682 via the plot.

I guess you could argue that 682 just up and leaves the area? Most 682 fights with it that don't inevitably end in the other guy dying has it just leave them alone. However you must understand that those fights were against people why fought 682 physically and did not trigger its more hax adaptations. If Sonic opens with hax, 682 will counter with hax.
Well, he most likely wouldn't, since he has prior knowledge. Wouldn't attack directly I mean.

Would something like writing a story about how 682 achieves happiness and leaves back home work?

God, imagine the victory line (682 walked away after some time, removing himself from the battlefield).

Not giving up yet, trying to think.

Wait, so what about 999? Did he simply last not long enough on 682 or because he is a SK child, or his Empathy is tier 1?

682 eventually adapted to 999.

I should probably stress this but 682 can get affected by these things. It's just that it has never canonically been affected by these things for longer than 24 hours, which is the time limit you need to surpass to claim a victory. 682 usually just resists eventually and obtains the power via adaptation.

God, imagine the victory line (682 walked away after some time, removing himself from the battlefield).

Not giving up yet, trying to think.
I guess you can argue 682's self-BFR can count as Sonic's wincoin? I can see it like this.

Sonic does some basic attacks but doesn't do any hax at all. Talk with 682 and give it food for thought about stuff. After talking for a long period of time. SCP-682 becomes tired of listening to Sonic and walks away? Idk if it would count as a victory condition but this is probaby how it plays out.

This is assuming SCP-682's memetic effect is not making Sonic trying to kill him as shown here

I guess you can argue 682's self-BFR can count as Sonic's wincoin? I can see it like this.

Sonic does some basic attacks but doesn't do any hax at all. Talk with 682 and give it food for thought about stuff. After talking for a long period of time. SCP-682 becomes tired of listening to Sonic and walks away? Idk if it would count as a victory condition but this is probaby how it plays out.

This is assuming SCP-682's memetic effect is not making Sonic trying to kill him as shown here
God, it's so stupid I don't want to add it even if it is applicable. XD

Yeah the compulsion effect likely takes over Sonic, especially since it can't be talked out of attacking him. (See above concept of hatred bit)

Is it possible for Sonic to let 682 go off to kill civilians without stopping it? Because if 682 doesn't see a feasible way to deal with Sonic, it will likely just leave him alone and go and attack humans.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back