• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Archetype Earth 1-A thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
She doesn't deny the summoned by (or, actually, AS a) the CF, she only says she's not there to do the destroy TATARI part... Which is reinforced by the fact she says that Aoko should be the one doing it.
semantics. she clearly has no idea what len is talking about. Plus this doesn't even make sense because

1. She was herself a target of the counter-force
2. true ancestors are not targeted by the counterforce.
Gaia isn't the World...
And Arcueid DEFINITELY isn't Gaia.
oh "half" of the world, you still get the idea. Also the World is definitely used to refer to gaia.

Arcueid is the Brain of the earth, that's as close as you can get.
Yet had only ever done two things - withdrawn from reality by creating Shiki and SHIKI, and talked to Kokotou because Shiki liked him a lot.
thats in knk, this isnt knk.
Problem is she says explictly "watashi", the female part of the dual personality created as Ryougi Shiki. So, that doesn't stand.
Thats because the female personality is still in control until the fight starts.
Not herself, again. It's not jibun, or something like that. She uses the personal pronoun "watashi", and that pronoun is literally tied to female Shiki, litrerally a plot point in the entire KNK.
read above
Void has never been shown to be able to hop worlds, either... She herself says the only way she could do the changing the world is by destroying the old and creating a whole new other. There's absolutely never been anything that even hints at her being capable of Sliding - the technical Nasu term introduced in the game verse for Parallel Worlds movement.
She isnt shown to have every power in the nasuverse, yet she has it via her connection to the records. This is one application of having that.

neco-archetype-earth-by-v0-grkvwn7gi3f91.png

I see way too much overuse of the word "Omnipotent" being thrown around and of course Void Shiki isn't as no one is even if they're 1-A or Tier 0 and what not.

However, the opposition is still making sense regardless that the form used isn't the version with the 1-A powers let alone actively using them against Arcueid based on how I am reading through the comments.
would you like to update yourstance or is it the same?

Ohh boy Arcuied 1-A using Melty Blood ladder stuff, this will be fun.

the fact that it's a ladder doesn't really change much since it's using lore stuff instead of the match results, the problem is that the ladder might be a dream
archetype:s win quote implies the exact opposite

might just be me but i don't think ryougi shiki (female) is a dormant personality submerged in nothingness.

archetype:s win quote implies the exact opposite
the win quotes don't apply to the ladder. Archetype Earth was only added in Current Code, which was released after Ryougi's ladder, and hence wasn't used in it like Shiki's win quotes against Kohaku that imply she's a TATARI for example.
cWZ5Xms.png

the win quotes don't apply to the ladder. Archetype Earth was only added in Current Code, which was released after Ryougi's ladder, and hence wasn't used in it like Shiki's win quotes against Kohaku that imply she's a TATARI for example.
cWZ5Xms.png
we get later context in the story mode itself.

That image, which I had never seen before (gotta admit that I've played very little Melty Blood, mostly watched videos and etc, not a fighting games guy) basically express my point of confusion before... The dialogue and etc is really ******* strange, and even uses the "watashi/ore" differentiation (in a way to purposely confuse the player?) awkwardly.

The whole thing about waking up in the middle of a town she has no business being in is strange enough by itself. Through the story, I had a strong impression it was Ryougi SHIKI, not Shiki, the character, what made me even more confuse, though I think it's a me thing. (Though the image basically describes SHIKI, not Shiki?????? I don't even know)

That image, which I had never seen before (gotta admit that I've played very little Melty Blood, mostly watched videos and etc, not a fighting games guy) basically express my point of confusion before... The dialogue and etc is really ******* strange, and even uses the "watashi/ore" differentiation (in a way to purposely confuse the player?) awkwardly.

The whole thing about waking up in the middle of a town she has no business being in is strange enough by itself. Through the story, I had a strong impression it was Ryougi SHIKI, not Shiki, the character, what made me even more confuse, though I think it's a me thing. (Though the image basically describes SHIKI, not Shiki?????? I don't even know)
SHIKI is very dead, though

SHIKI is very dead, though
In KNK continuity? Well, "yeah".
The problem is that Ryougi is a "brain-dead baby", to begin with... Shiki and SHIKI are even alive, to begin with? They are, from the start, a creation of "Shiki", personalities of the Mind (which is stated to be a mere derivation of the Soul) created by a personality of the Body (which is not only the vessel of the Soul, but in Nasuverse has a co-dependency and linked nature of one changing the other).
And dead beings coming back are... well, literally the plot of Fate(s), Tatari/Dust's scenes, etc etc?
There's so much shit that doesn't make any sense because lack of information, and that's the problem.
But again, this is the impression I had - though the description is definitely NOT Shiki, which is a "Killer who CAN'T kill".

Then there's the whole dream thing and "the truth is uncertain".

And there lies my problem with the affirmations of absolute certainty - they are literally contradicted by translations provided in the very post, as there's two translations of the same scene, and the reasoning used to say "It's "Shiki" commanding it" in the image translation literally falls apart in the video translation, because it's different - AND it literally ignores the dichotomy of the watashi/ore personal nouns that is a huge plot point in any pre-accident KNK part.

Last edited:
In KNK continuity? Well, "yeah".
The problem is that Ryougi is a "brain-dead baby", to begin with... Shiki and SHIKI are even alive, to begin with? They are, from the start, a creation of "Shiki", personalities of the Mind (which is stated to be a mere derivation of the Soul) created by a personality of the Body (which is not only the vessel of the Soul, but in Nasuverse has a co-dependency and linked nature of one changing the other).
not really sure what this has to do with the main idea
And dead beings coming back are... well, literally the plot of Fate(s), Tatari/Dust's scenes, etc etc?
There's so much shit that doesn't make any sense because lack of information, and that's the problem.
But again, this is the impression I had - though the description is definitely NOT Shiki, which is a "Killer who CAN'T kill".

Then there's the whole dream thing and "the truth is uncertain".
Shiki has no relation to tatari, arcueid herself says someone "called her forth" or summoned her.
And there lies my problem with the affirmations of absolute certainty - they are literally contradicted by translations provided in the very post, as there's two translations of the same scene, and the reasoning used to say "It's "Shiki" commanding it" in the image translation literally falls apart in the video translation, because it's different - AND it literally ignores the dichotomy of the watashi/ore personal nouns that is a huge plot point in any pre-accident KNK part.
Arcueid says "this vessel is the target of the one who called you forth" and "isnt it hopeless if you dont even agree with yourself?"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back