• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Is Arceus meteor truly a outlier?

It's Plot Induced Stupidity

The ONLY reason Arceus nearly died was because he lost the plates. The meteorite didn't hurt it, it simply knocked the plates out of him

After carefully watching the anime, I realized it's impossible for what happened to have happened at all.

Here's the quote from the anime on why he nearly died.

Arceus holds 16 pieces of his life force, which can negate every attack, but the shock from the meteorite impact caused him to lose those. He'd come to the verge of death
Let's ignore the fact that some Pokemon produce shockwaves powerful enough to cause earthquakes.

From this, what the anime is saying is that although the meteorite didn't affect the nullification power within the plates, it's shock removed them from Arceus, which made him vulnerable to a meteorite.

From the Primary Canon which are the games, it's impossible for anything to remove plates, even by literal hax that can negate such things. It's impossible.

Multitype changes the form and type of a Pokémon with this Ability depending on the Plate attached. The item-removing effects of Thief, Covet, Trick, Switcheroo, and Knock Off will not work on a Pokémon with Multitype, regardless of what item it is holding..

item-manipulating effects cannot affect Arceus if they would cause it to hold a Plate or take a Plate it already holds.

The nature of Anime Arceus is that If he loses his plates he's dead.

Now

1. This doesn't apply to manga Arceus. Who's bitch slapped all humans and the author himself mentioned Arceus was too strong to have him be beaten. And true to his words, no one stood a chance, even with ZERO plates. This will put him above Rayquaza, who bitch slapped a star in base.

2. This also doesn't apply to game Arceus, who won't die if he loses the plates. And Volo was going to use it to literally erase the entire universe. Failing only because of the player bitch slapped him

Make no mistake. The setting of Arecus, I'm talking about when he has ALL his plates, is that of an Omnipotent and Omniscient being. And as for how the meteorite did that was necessary pis to get the movie going. The director of the movie literally says Arceus was just too strong and they NEEDED drama by making him incomplete
監督である湯山邦彦氏からは「世界を作った全知全能の存在というイメージ、設定がある」と語られており、物語に登場させるにあたってはそのスケールに苦慮したというエピソードがある。

そのイメージを表現する一環として声優に美輪明宏氏を当てるという采配は絶大なインパクトがあったようで、氏の好演も相まってかこの映画の公開以降アルセウスの形容として「美輪明宏」「ミワセウス」という呼称が広まった。

公式サイトで公開された設定では「今までのどんなポケモンよりも強大」とされ、湯山監督によると本来の設定では強すぎてシナリオが成り立たないことから、プレートの欠けた不完全な状態にすることでドラマを作り出す、タイムスリップの流れを盛り込み問題解決の説得力を持たせるなどの手法が採られたという。

Kunihiko Yuyama, the director of the film, said, "There is an image and setting of an omniscient and omnipotent being who created the world," and there is an episode in which he struggled with the scale of this image when introducing it into the story.
As part of his efforts to express this image, he chose Akihiro Miwa as the voice actor, which had a tremendous impact, and his excellent performance, coupled with the release of the film, led to the widespread use of the term "Akihiro Miwa" or "Miwaseus" as a description of Arceus.

According to director Yuyama, Arceus was too powerful for the scenario to work in its original setting, so he decided to create drama by making it incomplete with missing plates, and to make it more convincing by including a time-slip sequence to solve the problem. The director said that the original setting was too strong for the scenario to work, so he created drama by making the plates incomplete and missing.
This is a being who transcends ALL Pokémon. And Transcends everything. This is an Omnipotent God. So why can base Rayquaza stomp a star and GOD can't stomp a meteorite? PIS

And since then, Arceus status as A TRUE GOD has been restored.
1. He sees ALL Pokémon and humans. So how didn't he know he was getting tricked? PIS. RETCONNED
2. He DOES NOT interfere. Not that he can't solve the problem. He just wants humans and Pokémon to work together. Why did he interfere? PIS. RETCONNED
3. He gave humans psychic powers powerful enough to make Arch Valley lush and seal Hoopa. He DID NOT to sacrifice his plates to make the Jewel Of life. He did it because GOD thats Who. RETCONNED

The same things that happened to anime Arceus doesn't even apply to its own canon, let alone apply to game and manga avatars.

Last edited:
Yeah i think sniper made it pretty clear what happened

The meteor is 2-A and debuffed arceus for the rest of the movie so he ain't omniscient and needs the plates to live, duh

The anime took Arceus reliant on plates too seriously. Sure the plates are fragments of him, but he won't die if he loses them. Lol

Massive amounts of copium is pouring from this thread.
"Haha boys, I used the funni word copium to make fun of other people and instantly put myself into a moral high ground because any way they reply in can be replied to with the same word! I am totally funny and original and can't handle people protecting their favorite things online because I need to make them look like idiots for my own self validation! Amirite guys or am i right?"

"Haha boys, I used the funni word copium to make fun of other people and instantly put myself into a moral high ground because any way they reply in can be replied to with the same word! I am totally funny and original and can't handle people protecting their favorite things online because I need to make them look like idiots for my own self validation! Amirite guys or am i right?"
Haha. Right?

DontTalkDT is your verse's father, pipe down before i tell him to get the belt again.

The meteor isn't what caused Arceus to almost die, it's the fact that it lost all its plates. I mean, the fact that the film's director pretty much stated they had to nerf Arceus because it was too good (thanks for that quote Sniper670) tells me right away that this is Plot-Induced Stupidity

DontTalkDT is your verse's father, pipe down before i tell him to get the belt again.
Do you think i fear staff? Do you really think i don't have the balls to do whatever i want? Do you truly think i won't harass you with amogus memes until i get banned? I'd recommend changing your way of thinking.

Do you think i fear staff? Do you really think i don't have the balls to do whatever i want? Do you truly think i won't harass you with amogus memes until i get banned? I'd recommend changing your way of thinking.
49049DBED50490B7AD9BE0261CBCFFB668684E15

Not an outlier, at least in terms of the Anime. Arceus doesn't have that many appearances in the anime.

The meteor situation is also consistent with the manga, that Arceus extremely hindered when he doesn't have his plates.

Not an outlier, at least in terms of the Anime. Arceus doesn't have that many appearances in the anime.

The meteor situation is also consistent with the manga, that Arceus extremely hindered when he doesn't have his plates.
You want to argue with me?

I read the manga. He STOMPED EVERYONE.

You say hindered? The author said he was too strong

Before you start saying nonsense, he was actually testing humans and everything was his plan

Imma be real with you, you're really getting on my nerves.

Nothing you posted contradicted what I said. The creator literally said he made it so that Arceus is limited without the plates. You cannot get any cut and dry over that.
Everything he posted contradicted you in every way. The movie contradicts the anime. Simple as that.

writers: Arceus is very powerful so we decided to include that he will be limited without his plates

me: arceus has been shown to be limited without his plates in the anime

It's Plot Induced Stupidity

The ONLY reason Arceus nearly died was because he lost the plates. The meteorite didn't hurt it, it simply knocked the plates out of him

The nature of Anime Arceus is that If he loses his plates he's dead.

Now

1. This doesn't apply to manga Arceus. Who's bitch slapped all humans and the author himself mentioned Arceus was too strong to have him be beaten. And true to his words, no one stood a chance, even with ZERO plates. This will put him above Rayquaza, who bitch slapped a star in base.

2. This also doesn't apply to game Arceus, who won't die if he loses the plates. And Volo was going to use it to literally erase the entire universe. Failing only because of the player bitch slapped him

Make no mistake. The setting of Arecus, I'm talking about when he has ALL his plates, is that of an Omnipotent and Omniscient being. And as for how the meteorite did that was necessary pis to get the movie going. The director of the movie literally says Arceus was just too strong and they NEEDED drama by making him incomplete

This is a being who transcends ALL Pokémon. And Transcends everything. This is an Omnipotent God. So why can base Rayquaza stomp a star and GOD can't stomp a meteorite? PIS

And since then, Arceus status as A TRUE GOD has been restored.
1. He sees ALL Pokémon and humans. So how didn't he know he was getting tricked? PIS. RETCONNED
2. He DOES NOT interfere. Not that he can't solve the problem. He just wants humans and Pokémon to work together. Why did he interfere? PIS. RETCONNED
3. He gave humans psychic powers powerful enough to make Arch Valley lush and seal Hoopa. He DID NOT to sacrifice his plates to make the Jewel Of life. He did it because GOD thats Who. RETCONNED

The same things that happened to anime Arceus doesn't even apply to its own canon, let alone apply to game and manga avatars.
Link/Source for the director quotes, please?

Whether I believe it or not, it would be important to be able to link the source for this info in the future.

Nothing you posted contradicted what I said. The creator literally said he made it so that Arceus is limited without the plates. You cannot get any cut and dry over that.
Hindered enough to be on the same level of other Pokémon?

Thw MANGA AUTHOR LITERALLY SAYS HE'S TOO STRONG. AND ARCEUS APPEARANCE 90 % OF THE TIME WAS WITH ZERO PLATES

writers: Arceus is very powerful so we decided to include that he will be limited without his plates

me: arceus has been shown to be limited without his plates in the anime
Very limitted in the setting of the movie, which is then contradicted by his power level in hoopa's movie and the pokemon called god specials.

Link/Source for the director quotes, please?

Whether I believe it or not, it would be important to be able to link the source for this info in the future.

The video with the director speaking. What I linked was a Japanese person's summary of what he said in the video

Very limitted in the setting of the movie, which is then contradicted by his power level in hoopa's movie and the pokemon called god specials.
You mean Hoopa? The guy who bodied legendaries yet got his ass sealed by power Arceus gave to humans?

In what world do people think Arceus is on the same level as other Pokémon. 🤔

Back